The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

I am THP all the way and I think most know this. But I am #Zoocrew observant and appreciate the way they go about their days. Whether is be in the Gauntlet with 3 guys they may have never have met or walking around the old course. These guys are a team. Take one out and replace them with another, they do not seem to miss a beat. I can appreciate that and it really kind of hit home this weekend as johnny defended with a new group of guys on different courses.

We may not work together and hang to together on the regular but we do all have a few things in common. We love golf, we love gear, we love food and we love THP. Hell some of us might even love one another. This bond will carry us to victory in 2015. We are more like the #zoocrew than they realize. I can't wait to see #teamredemption come together as one. We added a couple of good peeps this week. A few more to go, can't wait to see who will represent.

I am THP all the way and I think most know this. But I am #Zoocrew observant and appreciate the way they go about their days. Whether is be in the Gauntlet with 3 guys they may have never have met or walking around the old course. These guys are a team. Take one out and replace them with another, they do not seem to miss a beat. I can appreciate that and it really kind of hit home this weekend as johnny defended with a new group of guys on different courses.

We may not work together and hang to together on the regular but we do all have a few things in common. We love golf, we love gear, we love food and we love THP. Hell some of us might even love one another. This bond will carry us to victory in 2015. We are more like the #zoocrew than they realize. I can't wait to see #teamredemption come together as one. We added a couple of good peeps this week. A few more to go, can't wait to see who will represent.
Hell yes Freddie. Well put brother

Looks like a great team is coming together to bring the belt to THP where it belongs!

JMan, the letter you sent out to the two newbie team members is absolutely spot on as to what the whole GranDaddy experience is all about. Well done bud.

I loved this bit:
So....

1)Don’t be a Richard
It’s sounds funny and makes us laugh, but truer words have never been spoken by one Harry Arnett as it pertains to #TheGrandaddy, don’t be a dick. This is the ULTIMATE amateur golf event EVER put into action. We are being brought to California by Callaway with ALL EXPENSES taken care of, getting a full bag of brand new fit for us gear, hanging out with some of the best PEOPLE in the entire golf industry, setting foot on a course most of us would otherwise only DREAM of getting the chance to, how effin cool is that??? Remember that through it all. Be competitive, yes, want to win, yes, but be humble too and know that you are now part of a VERY small fraternity. Don’t ruin the experience for yourself, or for others in the future, DON’T BE A RICHARD.

Well, thinking ahead a bit here bud. It may be time you had 'Richard' on the team. My mates at my course call me 'Trigger' (as in Roy Rogers), but if it it helps my chances, you are most welcome to call me Richard, especially as that is my name. The one thing I can guarantee is that I will not be 'A RICHARD':act-up:

Congratulations to all in the team. Shaping up to be a strong setup.

JMan, the letter you sent out to the two newbie team members is absolutely spot on as to what the whole GranDaddy experience is all about. Well done bud.

I loved this bit:

Well, thinking ahead a bit here bud. It may be time you had 'Richard' on the team. My mates at my course call me 'Trigger' (as in Roy Rogers), but if it it helps my chances, you are most welcome to call me Richard, especially as that is my name. The one thing I can guarantee is that I will not be 'A RICHARD':act-up:

Congratulations to all in the team. Shaping up to be a strong setup.

Funny you mention that, because last year we had a participant with the last name of Dick. Harry at one point said "Rule #1, dont be a dick. Well not you obviously since you cant help it".

I really love the concept of this event. Team spirit, healthy competition, awesome location, shared experience locally and via connection to the THP community .. these are fantastic! And honestly, new clubs are the least interesting part. If I want clubs, I'll get them. But there is a more significant experience of working directly with Callaway -- folks who design, market, sell, and live golf every day of the world -- on fitting and in healthy competition. I expect that's a unique learning experience, more than any golfer deserves and something a only few will actually get. That puts this event over the top! Good luck to the team. I have no doubt the experience will be far more important than the absolute competitive outcome, which will clearly be a THP win. :bananadance:

I really love the concept of this event. Team spirit, healthy competition, awesome location, shared experience locally and via connection to the THP community .. these are fantastic! And honestly, new clubs are the least interesting part. If I want clubs, I'll get them. But there is a more significant experience of working directly with Callaway -- folks who design, market, sell, and live golf every day of the world -- on fitting and in healthy competition. I expect that's a unique learning experience, more than any golfer deserves and something a only few will actually get. That puts this event over the top! Good luck to the team. I have no doubt the experience will be far more important than the absolute competitive outcome, which will clearly be a THP win. :bananadance:
I don't know that I'd say clubs are the least interesting part of it. Yes, you can go buy the same clubs, but to have them custom fit and built especially for you by the people who do that for tour pros makes them more than just clubs. I view them as a tangible reminder of this amazing event. Eventually they will wear out and be retired into a shrine, but the memories associated with those clubs will never fade.

There is a lot of awesomeness associated with this event, and while getting clubs might be the least exclusive part about it (as you said anyone could get the same equipment that I get), the role those clubs play as part of this event make them very interesting to me.

Captain Jman, You will get EVERYTHING i have. And to my teammates, current and future, we've got work to do. Zoo Crew has a lot to be confident about. So lets get to work and make sure they are the ones wanting the belt next year
This right here ^^^

Team redemption and jman are getting my full effort. I can't promise that I will play outstanding golf, but I am working the hell out of my short game. My chipping and putting will be on point, and I will be a fun teammate to be around and play with.

I can also promise that I will show up with enthusiasm, because the thought of meeting all you guys and teaming up to take on the zoo crew has gotten me more excited about golf than anything in a long time!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I will never go on record as saying the gear isn't part of the excitement. Hell I woke up from a dream this morning that I already had my full bag ready. I can't wait for that experience honestly

All very true and good points. We are a team and we will win together as one....again. Not 1, not 2......

I will never go on record as saying the gear isn't part of the excitement. Hell I woke up from a dream this morning that I already had my full bag ready. I can't wait for that experience honestly
The gear is sweet, but I'm more excited about the custom fitting. I have never been fit for clubs in my life... that is other than some guy at golf USA recommending a shaft based on my SS... then hoping it works when the driver arrives.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

All very true and good points. We are a team and we will win together as one....again. Not 1, not 2......

Did you just go Miami Heat LeBron?? Ugh now i HAVE to beat you

must be beer:30 in carlsbad. Finley sounds like he's drinking already. :) Redemption will be had.

I don't know that I'd say clubs are the least interesting part of it. Yes, you can go buy the same clubs, but to have them custom fit and built especially for you by the people who do that for tour pros makes them more than just clubs. I view them as a tangible reminder of this amazing event. Eventually they will wear out and be retired into a shrine, but the memories associated with those clubs will never fade.

There is a lot of awesomeness associated with this event, and while getting clubs might be the least exclusive part about it (as you said anyone could get the same equipment that I get), the role those clubs play as part of this event make them very interesting to me.

At the same time, getting fit for those clubs at the freaking ECPC is one of the MOST exclusive things about the event (and something I dream about).

If I were a Grandaddy Hopefull, or participant, I would be watching the forum from sometime between now and the next hour. #TrustMe

If I were a Grandaddy Hopefull, or participant, I would be watching the forum from sometime between now and the next hour. #TrustMe

Watching.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

I agree and let's be real here. This is upwards of $3,000 in gear. I sure as hell cant just drop that kinda coin

Dude I've configured my bag countless times since I found out. Being a putter freak, I'm anxiously anticipating the Odyssey options....

You've got my attention.

Dude I've configured my bag countless times since I found out. Being a putter freak, I'm anxiously anticipating the Odyssey options....

Funny you say that. I just went through their entire online fitting lol

#InJBWeTrust

Oh, Finley kicking off a contest. Fantastic.

And more importantly, 12???

Did you just go Miami Heat LeBron?? Ugh now i HAVE to beat you

All we do is win. Just dealing in reality and I hope we get the chance to play.

Back