Still Playing Callaway Mack Daddy PM grind?

Tenputt

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 5.4
Looking for feedback from those who have gamed the Mack Daddy PM grind over the long haul... Does it spin as well for you as other offerings, such as Vokey, RTX 3 or Mack Daddy forged? Other thoughts on it?

Looking for feedback from those who have gamed the Mack Daddy PM grind over the long haul... Does it spin as well for you as other offerings, such as Vokey, RTX 3 or Mack Daddy forged? Other thoughts on it?

I'm a fan. Gamed mine all season and back into last year. Spin is very good IMO, but that is true for most wedges for me. The big thing is the look at address- you'll either love it or hate it. It is a bit unique and somewhat ping like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish I still had my square grooved Jaws wedges. They ate covers, but were spin machines.

Still gaming mine and have no desire or plans to change them. I am hoping they come out with a new version. If not, I am absolutely going to buy another set.

I am not a crazy high spin player and these are on par with any other wedges I have tried. They make greenside bunkers just so much easier. I like them for full swings, pitches, chip and everything in between.

I am actually thinking of going back to it on my 58 deg wedge when I replace my wedges. I really liked it.

I gamed a 56* PM grind for about 2.5 seasons as the highest lofted wedge in my bag. My next wedge up was 50* so I relied heavily on my 56*. I just retired it when I got a set of Cleveland CBX wedges last week. About 200 rounds and at least twice as many practice sessions with the PM grind so I wore the face down some but I'd still get good spin with it.

I recently replaced my old PM Grind (About 3 years old) with a new one after i took a chuck out of the sole when hitting a rock and LOVE the thing...it does take some getting used to however, even if you hit it out towards the toe you will get spin out of the ball.

I am on my 3rd PM grind, don't have any plans to go away from it.

I am actually thinking of going back to it on my 58 deg wedge when I replace my wedges. I really liked it.

This is precisely what has caused me to consider the PM grind. I have been playing a 50 degree gap wedge, with 54 and 60 degree Mack Daddy forged wedges. I am considering going to two wedges, rather than three, in which case I would go 52 and 58. However, if I eliminate a wedge, I would need the 58 to be extremely versatile. It seems that the PM grinds are as versatile as anything out there, hence my interest.

I added a 58 to my bag a couple of months ago. Been very fond of it and continues to perform every round. Hopefully this holds true for the long haul.

I just picked up a 58* PM Grind wedge but haven't played much with it yet.
For some reason there is no mention of the exact grooves in these wedges anywhere online.

The MD3 wedges have 30V, 20V and 5V grooves - what type do we have on PM Grind wedges?
Thanks for any info in advance!

Regards

I've played them for a few seasons and have no desire to switch to anything else. They're versatile and really easy to get up in the air and stop.

I'm a fan. Gamed mine all season and back into last year. Spin is very good IMO, but that is true for most wedges for me. The big thing is the look at address- you'll either love it or hate it. It is a bit unique and somewhat ping like

Similar experience. It does great and has enough spin if needed. It's like cheating out of bunkers with it, but ultimately it will come down to the player not bothered by the bigger footprint when compared to the other wedges out right now.

Similar experience. It does great and has enough spin if needed. It's like cheating out of bunkers with it, but ultimately it will come down to the player not bothered by the bigger footprint when compared to the other wedges out right now.

Exactly. I personally love the grooves all the way up

I'm in the process of dropping my PM 56 & 60 from my bag. I just don't like the setup from the fairway, especially with the 56. It's too much toe for me. I agree though, from the sand it's like cheating.

I almost enjoy being in the sand near the green. It actually makes me look like I know what I am doing. It is literally cheating.

I almost enjoy being in the sand near the green. It actually makes me look like I know what I am doing. It is literally cheating.

For me, this makes me more aggressive on approach shots as I don't play away from bunkers now.

For me, this makes me more aggressive on approach shots as I don't play away from bunkers now.

Same exact thought.. I am no longer scared to be in a greenside bunker.

I went away from my 54° and 58° PM Grinds for a little while and came right back to them. I attempted to replace them with SM6's and it just wasn't the same. The high toe of the PM Grinds increases my confidence tremendously. Out of the rough and the sand, I approach those shots with total confidence.

I’ve got a 60. It’s easy to hit and I like the grooves all the way out on the toe.

Prior to last week, I gamed a 60 until they came out. I'd recommend them highly. I don't think it spins as much as my RTX-3 or my new Cally wedges, but it was also my oldest club in the bag. Currently in love with my current 60 with the new Callaway grind, but I'm such a fan of the grooves out to the toe and all the way up the face. If there's ever a refresh of this club, it returning to the bag is almost ensured.

Prior to last week, I gamed a 60 until they came out. I'd recommend them highly. I don't think it spins as much as my RTX-3 or my new Cally wedges, but it was also my oldest club in the bag. Currently in love with my current 60 with the new Callaway grind, but I'm such a fan of the grooves out to the toe and all the way up the face. If there's ever a refresh of this club, it returning to the bag is almost ensured.

Is it the new R grind you like so well? Great for opening the face and hitting flops, etc. without fear of skulling it?

Is it the new R grind you like so well? Great for opening the face and hitting flops, etc. without fear of skulling it?

Can't talk about it too much until the Callaway guys start talking about it, but I can tell you that's is a versatile grind that wasn't offered in the MD3 or Forged offerings.

So I’m debating about maybe putting these back in my bag. I had a 60 a while ago and I enjoyed it. Does Callaway plan to release and updated version? What are people’s thoughts now that these are pushing 3 years old.

I love my 64 degree PM. Great around the gren nd I can stop the ball near the cup

Back