The 2015 Gauntlet Live Update Thread

Random thought of the day.

Rhi is honestly the most happiest ( yes I know that's not proper English) person I have ever met and you just can't help but be in a good mood when you are around her. It's so awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She is one of a kind. I wont get all boring on people here, but in this industry, people like her that understand creativity, hard work and honest people, its a breath of fresh air.

The 2015 Gauntlet Live Update Thread

SOOOOO

Now that it is over and everyone but in so much time and effort into their games:

Do you feel like your game traveled well? Did you play to your index? If not, what do you think hurt you the most?

Surprisingly after dropping over 2 strokes off my HC in the lead up (12.8 Down to 10.4) I believe mine did travel. If someone wants to tell me I'm wrong that's fine haha, but I think it did.

Played to a 75 at 5 pops, making my actual score a +8 80 on ravines. So I believe that means it traveled. No idea what I shot on Dubs, but that course is insane.

Rhi is honestly the most happiest ( yes I know that's not proper English) person I have ever met and you just can't help but be in a good mood when you are around her. It's so awesome.

Ain't that the truth. Last year when we were all leaving (South Carolina, 118 degrees, 119% humidity) she went to give me a hug and I stopped her explaining I was saturated in sweat. She was like: I'm sweaty, too. Don't care. Bring it in.

She's good people.

As he said in the car, "I was only asleep for 20mins!" More like an hour!
Or as we crossed the Indiana - Ohio state line: "Which state line are we crossing?" Dudes was asleep longer than her thought.

I'll get into it more in my recap, but her attitude on Sunday, even with the way her round was going, was just awesome to experience. Seriously just a fantastic person.

Just got caught up after being off the grid all weekend. Fantastic event, updates and results. Congrats Team JRod and PhillyV!

Wanted to share a few lasting thoughts after finally getting myself organized (that's actually a huge lie cuz I'm not organized at all right now)...

- First of all, have to give a mega THANKS to JB and Morgan for putting on an amazing Competition. Even better than last year and that was so much ****ing fun too.
- To my teammates: @Amart | @Six3Three5 | @Hickerad ---- I can't award an MVP because you were all OUTSTANDING golfers and even cooler people. It's no surprise we were put on the same team :)
- To the 5 slices of deep dish pizza I ate on Friday night -- Thanks for the heartburn and energy I needed to get through (and almost win) the Gauntlet.
- No idea why I'm mentioning Malort in here, but I am cuz it did lead to a lot of birdies and eagle in the first round on Saturday morning!
- How about these amazing gifts from my boys -- signed Cog Hill flag and personalized bag tag!!! They'll be proudly displayed at my desk for everyone to see and to remind me often of the incredible weekend.
- All other THPers who were there -- SO great to get to know most of you. I won't be forgetting those lobby bar nights anytime soon (or ever, actually).

We almost pulled it off, but unfortunately @JROD found a way to sandbag his way to another victory :) JK, a well deserved win for them and MVP Phil.

Cannot wait for Grandaddy and Gauntlet 2016!

image1-1024x768.jpeg

Or as we crossed the Indiana - Ohio state line: "Which state line are we crossing?" Dudes was asleep longer than her thought.

HAHA yeah I totally forgot about that one!

Wanted to share a few lasting thoughts after finally getting myself organized (that's actually a huge lie cuz I'm not organized at all right now)...

- First of all, have to give a mega THANKS to JB and Morgan for putting on an amazing Competition. Even better than last year and that was so much ****ing fun too.
- To my teammates: @Amart | @Six3Three5 | @Hickerad ---- I can't award an MVP because you were all OUTSTANDING golfers and even cooler people. It's no surprise we were put on the same team :)
- To the 5 slices of deep dish pizza I ate on Friday night -- Thanks for the heartburn and energy I needed to get through (and almost win) the Gauntlet.
- No idea why I'm mentioning Malort in here, but I am cuz it did lead to a lot of birdies and eagle in the first round on Saturday morning!
- How about these amazing gifts from my boys -- signed Cog Hill flag and personalized bag tag!!! They'll be proudly displayed at my desk for everyone to see and to remind me often of the incredible weekend.
- All other THPers who were there -- SO great to get to know most of you. I won't be forgetting those lobby bar nights anytime soon (or ever, actually).

We almost pulled it off, but unfortunately @JROD found a way to sandbag his way to another victory :) JK, a well deserved win for them and MVP Phil.

Cannot wait for Grandaddy and Gauntlet 2016!

image1-1024x768.jpeg
There he is! It was a pleasure being on your team dude!! Garbage plates when you head back to the east coast sometime!

It was absolutely awesome to meet you AJ. I don't think I ever saw you without a smile on your face. And you are hilarious dude. Especially after that shot of Malort haha. Sorry the Yoo-Hoo didn't work as well for you as it did for me.

AJ grips an event like this with a smile. His fun and laughter is contagious and clearly left a mark on his team.
I still want to see him fold a slice of Chicago style and wash it down with a nice glass of Malort though.

Twiggle
First Day Leader
Backstreet's Back
#IsThatADickPic
Is that shirt a Schmedium

That is just awesome. AJ you kick ass, yo!

SOOOOO

Now that it is over and everyone but in so much time and effort into their games:

Do you feel like your game traveled well? Did you play to your index? If not, what do you think hurt you the most?
I think my game traveled well in all areas except for the tee box. I was hit or miss and mostly miss. But putting this weekend was a lot better than usual. But honestly it was easier this weekend to shake off bad holes because of how much fun we were having

SOOOOO

Saturday, yes my handicap traveled. I was getting off the tee as good as I have all year, and had been struggling with that lately. If anything let me down Saturday it was my putting. It was extremely strong coming in, and I was a little tentative for some reason.

Sunday I didn't play as well. I don't know if it was exhaustion from staying up late drinking both nights (which I would do again anyways with the group there), or what. My swing just wasn't comfortable like it was Saturday.

I took one swing this week. Out of a bunker with one of the guys wedges after listening to Roger Cleveland discuss how to play the shot. Hit it like a boss. #ImAwesome #RangeWarrior

Saturday, yes my handicap traveled. I was getting off the tee as good as I have all year, and had been struggling with that lately. If anything let me down Saturday it was my putting. It was extremely strong coming in, and I was a little tentative for some reason.

Sunday I didn't play as well. I don't know if it was exhaustion from staying up late drinking (which I would do again anyways with the group there), or what. My swing just wasn't comfortable like it was Saturday.

Ahh the infamous late night drinking always wins, its destroyed many a chances for success over the past few years.

Team Jrod had some of the bigger guys so no way they drank enough to have any ill effects :)

I took one swing this week. Out of a bunker with one of the guys wedges after listening to Roger Cleveland discuss how to play the shot. Hit it like a boss. #ImAwesome #RangeWarrior
Pics (video) or it didn't happen :alien:

My handicap traveled pretty well. My lag putting sure as hell didn't, but it is what it is.

Saturday's round was nice, my driver was firing on almost all cylinders. I think I missed 4 fairways on my own ball? It was something higher than normal that's for sure. I needed that Sunday. If my math is right, I didn't hit a fairway until almost halfway through the back 9.

People are still asking Wardy how his handicap went from 4 to 8 in 30 days...:act-up:

You just wait. I have something for you tomorrow!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Did I miss what this was?! Totally forgot about it till just now lol

Back