• Flour Tortilla

Votes: 23 63.9%

• Total voters

bogeyme

The Golf GODS hate me
Reaction score
Handicap
High
I grabbed lunch from a taco truck today and they used corn taco shells. I generally use flour shells at home and I think most everywhere generally serves flour shells. I enjoyed the corn shells even though there was a noticeable difference in taste and texture.

So what says THP? Are you a corn or flour tortilla fan?

And to answer the most important question, I had barbacoa and carnitas in my tacos. So good.

Flour chips, tortillas, all of it!

Soft corn for tacos all day, every day.

Soft corn for me as well.

corn 100% of the time. If possible homemade, but there are good brands as well.

I honestly can't say I have ever had flour tortillas for soft tacos at a restaurant, usually just for burritos and quesadillas.

I prefer corn over flour everytime, but they have to be doubled up because more often than not they seem to rip

Corn tortilla for street tacos. Flour for fajitas and burritos. My Baja fish tacos on my food truck are made with corn.
0487afd66fb495bb60556b3d4eb6e448.jpg

Flour for me please.

Corn tortilla for street tacos. Flour for fajitas and burritos. My Baja fish tacos on my food truck are made with corn.
0487afd66fb495bb60556b3d4eb6e448.jpg

Those look delicious!

There is no right answer because the type of shell depends entirely on what the filling is.

Beef - Taco shell
Al Pastor - tortilla

Soft Corn tortilla with shrimp all the way

Corn tortilla! It's a healthy whole grain and it actually tastes good.

Flour. All day every day.

Corn. Homemade. If not homemade then flour.

I feel funny even reading this thread as I have no idea what the difference is or what I’ve been eating.

Flour for taste, but corn if I’m trying to eat a little healthier.

Flour will work. I like corn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn't matter to me. Tacos are awesome either way. :D

I had corn once and just didn't like the spongy texture. Back to flour for me.

Corn and cheese doesn’t belong in an authentic taco like beans and rice don’t belong in a true burrito.

Depends on the fillings for me but corn for eggs/chorizo, for example, but flour for brisket tacos.

Taco trucks and street-style tacos demand soft corn.

When I lived in Chicago, I went to church in a spanish-speaking area and lots of my friends and fellow congregants were from Mexico. We would have lots of church cookouts and parties and I would often eat at their homes as well. I'm not sure that I ever ate a single taco made with a flour tortilla. The only thing I remember flour being used for was flautas.

I had corn once and just didn't like the spongy texture. Back to flour for me.

Corn torillas are much better if they are cooked on a skillet for 30 seconds or so. Gets rid of a lot of that moisture that makes them spongy like you described. Also improves the flavor, IMO.

Back