LEAST favorite grips: Let's hear them!

Pure grips on irons, putter- original red grip on previous SC Newport 2, got super slippery in first year.

Winn grips. At $7 a grip it should last longer than 2/3 rounds.

I’m less and less a fan of superstroke on the putter.

Whatever the stock grip on the TaylorMade SpeedBlades was is my least favorite grip ever.

I like the Golf Pride NDMC, but don’t like the MCC +4...with my small hands, I miss the taper.

I hate the Pure grip ‘smell.”

And as for putters, I’m not a fan of any SuperStroke larger than the 1.0

as with nearly everyone here, do not like Winn grips - way too soft and don't last.

Another least favorite are the Lamkin crossline - feel terrible and no grip

Winn grips and whatever the yellow grips were that came stock on the Bridgestone J15 clubs.

For putter grips, anything traditional/small and/or anything with weird colors.

I hate the NDMC on everything
I hate the MCC+4 on everything EXCEPT the driver, weird.

I'm not a fan of the Lamkin UTX, both cord and non-cord.

Winn grips are the worst swing grips I've personally tried, I believe it came on a club I bought from CPO. It was terrible!

I've never gotten along with a Super Stroke putter grip either, I CANNOT putt without a tapered grip. I've tried a ton of them too...never again.

Tour Wrap 2G or Winn grips. I actually love how the tour wrap feels when it’s dry but the second it gets a drop of water on it it’s too slippery to use.

For me it has to be the Tour Velvet hands down. Can’t wait to pull them off of my new stocks.

Winn Dri-tac

Honestly don't even remember why I hate them just know I cut them off after 4 or 5 rounds.

Winn Dri-tac

Honestly don't even remember why I hate them just know I cut them off after 4 or 5 rounds.

Probably because they’re coming apart by that point.

Winn Excel Soft HANDS DOWN. When wet these grips are impossible to hold on to the club...and yes they don't last either.

Tour Wrap 2G or Winn grips. I actually love how the tour wrap feels when it’s dry but the second it gets a drop of water on it it’s too slippery to use.

I’m laughing that so many dislike the GP Tour Wrap 2g but I get it if you play in a wet/humid part of the country. I try most every new grip that comes out and I always wind up going back to the Tour Wraps. They are easily my favorite grip although the fact that I live in N California where it basically doesn’t rain during my 6 month golf season means I only play in the rain once or twice a year. In dry weather they are super tacky with just a quick wipe with a towel before each shot. I also change my grips about 3-4 times during the golf season so they are never more than a couple months old.

Last edited:
1. Tour Velvet - they get slick fast in my hands; the

2.Ping style putter grips - too thin,

3. the original Superstroke non-putter grips (terrible),

4. took off the Lamkin Wrap-Tech after one session on the range - the sanded-rough portion was great, but the rest of it was slick with a teeny tiny bit of moisture. Needed twice as much rough area.

Have no issues with the Winn Dri-Tac, probably because I am a lower speed player -very comfy. But they need to come off every 6 months.

I just tried some MCC Plus 4’s....They are ok but not for me. I didn’t feel I could release the club as aggressively. I tried Winn 20th Anniversary a while back / after a couple rounds the tacky feel went away. I don’t where a glove so they were gone after a few rounds.

Back to my REL’s.....

Anything too soft, I need something that doesn't feel like I need to death grip it to hold on.

Any pure or Super Stroke grip

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Golf Pride. Only thing I regretted about my club fitting was letting him convince me to go with them. because I am cheap I did not replace them til they wore out but I doubt I will ever switch away from Winn again. Cannot stand the golf prides at all. And yes, I recognize the weirdness of being the only one in the thread who doesn't dislike the brand everyone else does.

Golf Pride. Only thing I regretted about my club fitting was letting him convince me to go with them. because I am cheap I did not replace them til they wore out but I doubt I will ever switch away from Winn again. Cannot stand the golf prides at all. And yes, I recognize the weirdness of being the only one in the thread who doesn't dislike the brand everyone else does.

Don't worry - GP is not my favorite. I'd prefer a Lamkin but they need to come up with something that fits me. Winn? and Dri-Tac? They work great in the winter, spring, but not the summer when it's too hot and accumulate sweat.

Anything Winn, not a fan of the Super Stroke Putter grips and though I use Lamkin these days, not a fan of the Wrap Tech.

Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G

Slickest grip around awful!
Pure grips are no Bueno also, and as hard as it is for me to say Winn grips just fall apart its sucks because I like the feel.

I bought a set of black widow grips on sale, they were orrible

GP Tour Velvets are horrible, with the Z-Grip a close second.

Putters, Wynn or Lamkin. Never liked any of those.

GP Tour Velvets are horrible, with the Z-Grip a close second.

Putters, Wynn or Lamkin. Never liked any of those.

Z-Cords are terrible in anything but wedges IMO.

By brand -

Winn Dri Tac - when they first came out my first range session I wore the rubber down to the metal cord.

Pure DTX - couldn’t get past the squeaking sound they made during the swing. Odd

Golf Pride - Tour Wrap 2G - had them on for one round and they got so dusty I had to wipe them with a wet rag before each shot.

Lamkin - Z5. To me they felt slick even when brand new.

Back