LEAST favorite grips: Let's hear them!

Golf Pride Victory grips. I don't know why but I've always hated how they looked and felt.

SuperStroke TX1. By all rights, it should be a good grip; cord up top, tacky rubber for the lower hand just like an MCC.

the corded section of the grips has no texture, is slick and feels like you're grabbing hard plastic. two thumbs down!

I had a set of Pure pink wraps that were way too slick for me, but I have sweaty hands and can't play GP Tour Wraps either. I also can't stand TV BCTs. I love NDMCs so I don't mind the cord on the left hand, but it just feels horrible on my right hand. No idea why.

Lamkin UTx
SuperStroke S-Tech
Golf Pride CP2
Any Winn grip

I really like the Winn feel but they just wear out so fast. Regripped with them one time based upon in store feel. Might be the biggest single waste of money I ever dumped into golf gear.

Winn vs NDMC = battle for the basement.

Winn grips for sure. Never really gotten on with most Superstroke putter grips except for the flatso series.

Lamkin Crossline and anything Winn. Lamkin Crossline is too hard and slippery. Winn is like holding a tennis racket.

Winn grips by far. I used to like them, but they wear out way too fast and had to replace them too often.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Winn are the worst for me except on the putter. I can tolerate them on a putter.

JM

I want to reiterate my LOATHING of PURE grips once more, both irons/woods and putters. Just, blech, to me.

GP Tour Velvet - they don't mix in my hands - wear quickly and very slick.

Pure Pro - don't get them wet.

Golf Pride Victory grips- hard as a rock and on mishits my hands sting.
Lamkin Crosslines- hard, tough on arthritic fingers.
Winn Excels and Dri tacs - love the way they feel, but I find I increase grip pressure too much and they are not durable.

I don't have enough experience across a variety of grips to make a valid comparison, but the Golf Pride CP2 grips on all my clubs, while comfortable in most conditions, slip in humid weather. That's a no-go for me and will be replaced this winter. Need to have confidence in all conditions when playing.

ummmm guys....i love winn dri-tacs !!!!! there i said it !!! they feel so good on my delicate paws !!!! Seriously after breaking my hook of hamate I switched to them and now it's the only grip I can play..I change them twice a year..

Do not like super stroke x for irons..feel like an old football

I don't have enough experience across a variety of grips to make a valid comparison, but the Golf Pride CP2 grips on all my clubs, while comfortable in most conditions, slip in humid weather. That's a no-go for me and will be replaced this winter. Need to have confidence in all conditions when playing.
What are you putting on?
i agree about the cp2 grips but I have arthritis in some fingers so they are good for that.

Tough to really say which ones I dislike the most.

Something that is all performance and no comfort and something on the opposite end of the spectrum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my all-time least favorite grip by far is the Lamkin UTX Wrap

I had some Black Widows (unsure of the model name) that were absolutely horrible - very slick and hard.

What are you putting on?
i agree about the cp2 grips but I have arthritis in some fingers so they are good for that.

Putting on some lampkin Z5s. THPer I play with down he uses them and hasn’t had any issues and we deal with the same weather.

I can't stand any of the Pure grips. Also that lamkin wrap with hard and soft alternating is just turrible.

Winn grips are just way to soft and don't last as long for me versus velvet tour grips. Full cord grips are killers to my hands and glove.

Sent from my S8+ using Tapatalk

Back