LEAST favorite grips: Let's hear them!

Jman

Golf Scrivener
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Let's get different.

What are your LEAST favorite grips? Irons/Woods and putter as well. Why?

• Staff
For me, Tour Velvets and Winn Grips (all of them) are a tie. Putter it's actually Rosemark.

Align grips and any winn grip. Putter would be a Ping man grip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IIRC it was a Pure product in orange. It was super slick, way too slippery to be of any use.

Winn grips, never disliked the feel of them, but not sure they would last more than a couple rounds for me.

• Staff
IIRC it was a Pure product in orange. It was super slick, way too slippery to be of any use.

OH! This reminds me, ALL PURE putter grips are the devil.

Winn grips are the worst. Had some Black Widow grips years ago which were great for about 2 weeks and then were slick as heck after that, not sure they are even around anymore.

Winn grips. By far.

They start out nice, but then a few rounds in they're destroyed. Thats just cruel.

Why does everyone hate Winn grips so much? I've never played them, so honestly asking.

Least favorite grip ever for me is probably the old Golf Pride Victory grips that seem like they were on every club I ever played as a kid. My impression is skewed by the fact that I remember them all being super slick and worn out to the point of cracking.

Least favorite recently is actually the Lamkin Z5. I love the UTX, and I found the Z5 substantially more slippery, especially in humid conditions.

winn. i️ think they cure them with ky lube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't like the Golf Pride NDMC grips. They seemed to slick when it was really humid.

I don't like standard size putter grips.

That I've used would be Tour Velvets & after a few weeks, the Align is right up there as well. I just pulled it off this afternoon.

Tour velvet’s get too slick in humidity

Winn grips are awful

Pure grips make your hands smell

Winn Grips. My buddy reshafted a club for me and put a Winn grip on there as a courtesy. I felt bad asking him to take the grip off 5 minutes later.

Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G

Anything Winn. Too soft and I don't feel like I have a good grip on the club.
Tour Velvet. Not enough grip
CP2. Just feels weird

Golf pride tour wraps for sure - too slick for me.

CP2 Wrap & CP2 Pro - Put on a club - Got caught in the rain and it was so slippery, I couldn't wait to get it off.

BTW - I love Winn Grips! For arthritic hands, they take a lot of shock and their "Oversize" is a little bigger that most.

All Winn grips (swing and putter) and Superstroke putter grips.

Cork putter grips are blah. For clubs, NDMC is my least favorite.

Definitely the GP tour wrap 2g’s for me. Nice grips until they get the tiniest bit of water on em when they turn unusable.

#FiberLaunch

I agree with winn, except for the Dri-Tac. Loved that grip.

I don't truly "hate" any grip, but I like to play without a glove, so some have underwhelmed me.

These include
Lamkin z5
Golfpride Multicompound
Lamkin Crossline
R.E.L. ACE

Putter grips are funny... but for some reason flat cat, and Pure grips turn me off. I like SS, but the cap usually craps out after a handful of rounds.

bf6aa6ba36cf444143d6533e60691a58.jpg

No idea what they’re called. But horrible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Don't believe I've ever met a Lamkin (or Winn) that i have liked.

Back