How many putts per round do you average?

I would argue that this statistics level of value is directly related to the skill level of the golfer. That is to say the lower your handicap, the less of a good indicator it is of putting.

For instance a 30 handicap golfer is missing a lot of greens and they probably don't chip close to the hole with consistency. Number of putts does matter. As they improve putting more 3 putts turn into 2 putts and the range of makeable 1 putts for them expands.

Additionally, as a single round stat for mid to low handicap golfers you are correct. I would argue that it is a good indicator over the span of a season as an average. That is to say a low single digit handicap golfer hits more greens than say a 15 handicap and still probably averages less putts per round in most cases.

I'm not a very good putter. My average is 35.7. I very rarely make the first put unless I'm within 3 feet. I simply have too many 3 putts. I also don't chip it close much. That is why it is important to my score to hit GIR. That keeps me getting bogies if and when I 3 putts. So for me currently the stat is important.

I have been tracking my putts for a few years and focus more on my GIR putting and non GIR in putting. Has helped me figure out that im terrible inside 150

63% GIR and 33.83 average putts on my tournaments this year. :at-wits-end:

31.68 over my last 20 rounds and 31.5 over my last 175 rounds. I can't find any data going back any further. That's a little over 4 years of data. I was experimenting with a few different putters this past season so that may have something to do with the increase in my average.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I have been tracking my putts for a few years and focus more on my GIR putting and non GIR in putting. Has helped me figure out that im terrible inside 150

That would give you more accurate feedback.
I also keep track of putts mad/ missed inside 5 feet.
The other variable is where that putt is, uphill, downhill etc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

According to the Grint, I average 33.3 putts per 18. So obviously I need to work on that, I would like to get it down to 30 per 18 holes.

TOO MANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm about 30-37 per round 1.8 average last round was 34 putts 2.22 winter greens

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

28.2 for 2017.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

2.0 GIR average 1.6 when I miss greens in regulation. 1.8 for 18 holes for 32.4 putts on average.

32. That's over the last 2 1/2 years.

2.0 GIR average 1.6 when I miss greens in regulation. 1.8 for 18 holes for 32.4 putts on average.
I like that stat. GIR when you hit and miss a green.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

32.8 hope to trend down

My number generally averages around 32.

Lately I've been between 30-36 putts per round

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm averaging 32.1 putts per round over my last 20 rounds.

Lately has been around 30-32

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back