Do You Have A Regular Game?

I'm getting one going now that I'm settling in at the course, weekly games are fun and good for the mental game especially if you have a few bucks in it

I have been playing with a regular group of between 8 -12 for 7 or 8 years now. We rotate courses, and this year has been more of a problem since 2 courses lost their greens ( may be criminal believe it or not ) and have rotated between 3 courses - 2 of which are least favorites of the ones we play. Courses are generally based on a combination of price and conditions - but I am more willing to pay extra for better courses, where some of the other guys will not. May start venturing out a little more with my son, playing some different courses..

Having joined a private club for the first time this year, this is one of the best parts. Every week the emails start about Tuesday with "Who's in?" and various smack-talking. Both weekend mornings there's a game with between 8 and 20 guys. Two man teams, small stakes but enough to get the competitive juices flowing, then drinks and lunch afterwards. Sometimes the drinks lead to another 9 or 18 holes, but for some reason the golf is never quite as sharp. :confused2:

We have a men's group on Saturday & Sunday at our club. You come (ready to play by 8:00 AM) and put your name on the list each morning. Typically have anywhere from 4 to 50 players sign up. Probably averages 20-24. Teams are generally decided by handicap unless there are guests involved. We play all types of team formats each weeks which keeps it interesting.

Every Monday, Friday and Sunday.

I don't have a regular weekly game. However, I have a monthly skins game with my brother-in-law and 2 nephews. Even better though, my wife is learning to play and is willing to go play 9 a couple of times a month.

Not really, as the weather is all over the place here in Colorado. But the wife and I try to go out at least once per week to hit 9, and we have lunch/dinner after.

Having joined a private club for the first time this year, this is one of the best parts. Every week the emails start about Tuesday with "Who's in?" and various smack-talking. Both weekend mornings there's a game with between 8 and 20 guys. Two man teams, small stakes but enough to get the competitive juices flowing, then drinks and lunch afterwards. Sometimes the drinks lead to another 9 or 18 holes, but for some reason the golf is never quite as sharp. :confused2:

swing oil! :banana:

I have a weekend game, I have tried for years for a regular THP game but it seems to difficult task.

As much as my wife's social schedule allows. :D League every Tuesday in the summer and a standing round during the weekend with the same core set of guys. With work, travel, etc. we rotate a bit, but usually 3 of the original foursome every weekend.

I used to.

In years past I played regularly with a group of people I worked with for years. This year I have tried to only play with them periodically so I could get back to playing other courses in the area and ensure my game wasn't getting better just based on playing same courses.

I don't and it kind of sucks. If Maddog can't make it 95% of the time I'm either by myself or with Amanda and she just likes to have fun which I'm totally OK with but sometimes I want to play for a little something. I'm joining a private course here this week so I'm hopefully I can find a game to get into.

Not since I moved away from NYC. My Dad, uncle and myself had weekly games at Forest Park in Queens.

I used to a couple years ago. 2-3 times a week. Now, we are all grown up and its impossible to align schedules.

I have a regular group that plays most Sunday's during our season but it never a sure thing which I would rather have. My goofy work schedule, rotating days off during the week isn't very friendly either.

I wish I did. Not too many options around here.

I have a regular game on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. I also have the option of playing with a senior league on Mondays and Fridays if I want.

Wednesdays after work and Saturday mornings are the two times I almost always play during the summer.

A senior group Tuesday and Thursday, large mixed group or Son In Law on both days weekends.

We have a group that plays every Saturday and most Sunday's. We'll usually have anywhere between 6-12 players show up and have a little skins game. It makes it fun and you're able to trash talk quite a bit

I do not. My schedule would be tough to make it work each week and everyone I know probably couldn't do it either. I might try to join a league next year so maybe this will change.

While THP Events are always my first choice, I enjoy my regular game as well. How many have a regular weekly game?

Yes, Tuesday evenings and Thursday evenings as well as skins on both Saturday & Sunday at 8am.

I do, actually 2. One at LFC and one at Lake Jonesco.

I do, actually 2. One at LFC and one at Lake Jonesco.

I Lake Jonesco! Damn good folks there!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back