How many of you have hit a hole in one?

MarvinTheGolfer

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm just curious how many of us have actually hit a hole in one. Never done it myself, but I've always wondered what it was like.

One ... In 1987 ..summer. Hit a one iron 180 .

still shot a 43 i believe so didn't really feel all that great as I was really hacking. Remember that day though like it was yesterday

two, 7-17-1977, 227 yards with wooden powerbilt citation 4 wood and 11-11-2014 178 yards with callaway razor x tour 5 iron

I've had one. Never hit my irons so well as I did that day. Flew the green on the first hole, flew the green on the second hole, clubbed down and hit a hole in one on the third. From there I don't remember the rest of the round.

nope. never really close either. i suck at par 3's.

i am excited if i hit the green -- never mind a hole in one.

I have one.
3e3f7b3b72779fa737cb50bde80b444e.jpg

Won the closest to the hole that night!

Nope.

Caved in holes, hit sticks , stopped inches from the hole but never dropped one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a whopping 0 HIO's. Came close twice, one was a 181 yrad par 3 that i lipped out and sat 3 inches from the hole and the other was at my home course and was about 6 inches short of roll for it to drop. One day I will add my name to the list.

5. I'm proof that luck and persistence is all it takes.
Took around 15 years to get #1, another 15 for #2. Last 3 came over the last 5 years, which is definitely luck.
All 135-155y.

First was a shock, spent 5 mins digging around behind the elevated green before the guy I was with checked the cup. Was planning a solo round, too. He'd just finished 18 and decided to go around again.
Drank some beer, bought him a few. Didn't change my life.

#5 was memorable for the grief I took. First weekend I hadn't joined the skins game in a long while. Left a few bucks out there that day. Also, we had one guy running late who was going to join us after 9.
7th green is beside the road. I sink it, collect the ball, take my bow. 30 seconds after pulling it out, our 4th pulls up on the road, and calls out "So, how's it going?"

"Pretty good. And your timing SUCKS."

It's a good feeling to get one. Doesn't really change anything, though. A few days of notoriety at the club.

One ace for me back in 2014, thought I had another last weekend but was a tad long after hitting the flag.

40+ years of playing and ZERO! I've watched at least 20/25 go in and signed the cards, but none for me.

Two -

First one in Aug 1992. 132yd PW. With a Hogan ball I found in the water on the prior hole.
Second in April 2014. 175yd 6I. With a TM penta practice ball.

Clearly, there is a bit of luck involved.

I've had two...146 yds...158...Hole in one's are obviously flukes

I've had two of them and they were on the same hole at my golf course back home. (Lake Jonesco). My first one came shortly after I turned 60 years old and within the next year I had #2. I had given up hope and was pretty pumped when it finally happen.

Not this guy. Only flirted with the hole a bit.

Yes, one. 2014.

And it's all captured on glorious video.

I have had two--the first was back in 1990 and most recent was in 2012.

I have one.
3e3f7b3b72779fa737cb50bde80b444e.jpg

Won the closest to the hole that night!

After you wrote your name on the sheet did you put the stick into the hole along with the flag?

Never have had one but I have come dang close twice.

I have had two.

2002 - First one I didn't see go in as the green is in a dip in the fairway. 165yd par 3 and my tee shot was 20 yds right of flag. Group in front on next tee started jumping around excitedly as my ball had hit the bank on right of the green and shot across left, hit the flag stick and dropped. Not a good shot even by bad shot standards, but a hole in one all the same.

2009 - Playing at a local course with a customer. 210yds par 3 ball pitched on front of green and rolled gently into the hole. No drama at all.

I played my first real game of golf in early 1970s so had to wait best part of 30 years for that first one. Up until that first one I had never really threatened the hole.

I have two:

1 - summer 1975 7-iron (senior year in HS, 3 tier green with hole on the upper level so didn't see it go in)
2 - I think 1995 9-iron about 145 yards (during a men's club tourney, that one cost me a bunch)

I have 3. The first of them was probably the worst shot I hit that day. I over-clubbed a 150 yard shot, skulled it, it never got higher than the flagstick and hit on the front of the green and just happened to roll into the cup which was set toward the back of the green. The other two were with perfectly struck 5-hybrid for one and 8I for the other. I could not tell if the one with the hybrid actually went in the hole until we got to the green.

After the 1st one I was shaking so bad I almost missed my tee shot on the next hole, a par 5. Having had one, the other two were somewhat anticlimactic.

Two for me. Both in 1995. One in club play and one in The City Amateur. Both with the old Ultra's. Both #4s.

*patiently waits for #Cookie to post his Ultimate Hole In One*

Got one.... With THPers.... In October of 2013.

Back