stryper

Reaction score
Handicap
n/a
Switching to graphite for age-related reasons, and Mizuno Hot Metal irons are at the top of my list. So I’m curious as to how the wedges perform on that end of the bag. Currently I play Vokeys, but I’m tempted to go with the HMs for the sake of consistency throughout the set, but I don’t want to sacrifice anything in terms of playability.

So, have any of you HM players gone there, and what was your experience?

Other than a set PW, I don’t believe they offer a hot metal wedge. That said, if you like the soft miz feel, their wedges are great. I am gaming mixed Vokey and miz s5, and the miz are a much more enjoyable feel.

Last edited:
Other than a set PW, I don’t believe they offer a hot metal wedge. That said, if you like the soft miz feels, their wedges are great. I am gaming mixed Comey and miz s5, and the miz are a much more enjoyable feel.

Mizuno site shows HMs all the way down to 60* LW. I would probably stop at the 55* SW, since that’s about where my comfort zone ends.

One of the sets I have has two set wedges, and I love them. From what I've seen of the JPX 900 hot metal wedges, they should be even more versatile than the set I've got as well.

I have the JPX900s through gap wedge. The gap, sand, and lob wedges are designed like specialty wedges rather than like the rest of the set and made with a softer metal. My gap wedge plays great and is one of my favorite clubs. The sand wedge has a similar design, has 12degrees of bounce, and I’m certain will play excellently. I think if you are playing the hot metal irons then using the wedges as well for consistsncy is a great idea. I did get the S18s in 55 and 60 which I love but the hot metals to match my 50 gap wedge might have looked more congruent in my bag and been a bit cheaper.

Back