Honma TW737P Irons

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Been playing these irons for a bit and really like them quite a bit. We didn't have a thread on them, so I figured I would start one up.

0317-GameImprovementIrons-Beauty-Honma.TW737p-tout.png

0317-GameImprovementIrons-Face-Honma.TW737p.png

Screen%20Shot%202017-11-12%20at%207.35.43%20PM-L.png

I was looking at the thread will all the 737 line up. Man I have idea where to find these but they look awesome.

What are you liking about them over your past set?

Still think breaking from the PW, GW tradition and calling them 10 and 11 irons is really cool. Beautiful irons!

• Admin
I was looking at the thread will all the 737 line up. Man I have idea where to find these but they look awesome.

What are you liking about them over your past set?

First off, I love having a 10 and 11 iron. Sounds odd, but I love it.
Then they look spectacular in the bag. Gorgeous clubs.
Onto the most important stuff is how they perform. Rock solid. They have a mild sound that makes them feel soft. Super forgiveness low on the face and high the ball high without being too high or ballooning.

First off, I love having a 10 and 11 iron. Sounds odd, but I love it.
Then they look spectacular in the bag. Gorgeous clubs.
Onto the most important stuff is how they perform. Rock solid. They have a mild sound that makes them feel soft. Super forgiveness low on the face and high the ball high without being too high or ballooning.

Nice. Recoils?

• Admin
There's also something I really love about having the 10/11 irons. It's both really different, but more accurate - construction wise those clubs are more irons than wedge.

I really liked how these looked when I saw them in the local shop that's got Honma stuff. Not a huge difference in profile vs the Vs, with what looks like a lot more forgiveness.

• Admin
There's also something I really love about having the 10/11 irons. It's both really different, but more accurate - construction wise those clubs are more irons than wedge.

I really liked how these looked when I saw them in the local shop that's got Honma stuff. Not a huge difference in profile vs the Vs, with what looks like a lot more forgiveness.

They are similar to my CF16s in that aspect. Just offer a lot in a package that I think a lot of golfers will enjoy.

These clubs look excellent. How are the top line of these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would love to see some side by sides with the cf16! Was really tempted to go this way.

These clubs look excellent. How are the top line of these?

Similar to that of the Z-565 or CF16 in my opinion. When I get back to the office and the work day I can get you more photos in the next few days. Tomorrow and Tuesday are travel days, but then should be able to get some photos up for you.

Solid man. What are the stock shafts?

They look really nice, very high end. Not surprising though being a Honma iron. Are these the deep cut cavity back version? Are these gonna make the trip next weekend to Callaway Gardens?

Solid man. What are the stock shafts?

They offer a few different ones I believe (going off memory)
NS Pro from Nippon
DG AMT from True Temper
NS Modus 3

I think the local PGA Superstore have these for $900 in the 4-PW set.

They look really nice, very high end. Not surprising though being a Honma iron. Are these the deep cut cavity back version? Are these gonna make the trip next weekend to Callaway Gardens?

They do have a pretty deep cut cavity.
Not sure if they make the trip. Probably bring a set of irons that have Recoils : )

NS Pro from Nippon
DG AMT from True Temper
NS Modus 3

I think I’ll wait a couple weeks before I get some new irons :alien: I think next to the ping man... he Honma logo is the coolest in golf.

NS Pro from Nippon
DG AMT from True Temper
NS Modus 3

Those plus the Vizard I60/I70 graphite shafts. I may have done a ton of research into Honma's lines recently...

They do have a pretty deep cut cavity.
Not sure if they make the trip. Probably bring a set of irons that have Recoils : )

I was gonna say...LOL!

Great looking irons though and for $900 they're not too bad on the wallet.

Those plus the Vizard I60/I70 graphite shafts. I may have done a ton of research into Honma's lines recently...

Yes sir, forgot about those. I would like to try these in the Recoils I really enjoy. Might have to have a set made up.

Yes sir, forgot about those. I would like to try these in the Recoils I really enjoy. Might have to have a set made up.

The recoil 95s? I'd imagine those would be a pretty easy swap with the 950s given the weight. That would be a good combo.

The recoil 95s? I'd imagine those would be a pretty easy swap with the 950s given the weight. That would be a good combo.

My thought too. Im not a huge swing weight guy, but that does make it easy. I love the flight I have seen with these. Today I took out an older set I really enjoyed for some fun and comparison and really came away with similar thoughts. That is a good thing. I get an 11 iron too.

Taking these out to the range tomorrow for some fun.
Fantastic set so far that offers a whole lot of forgiveness packed into the frame.

Taking these out to the range tomorrow for some fun.
Fantastic set so far that offers a whole lot of forgiveness packed into the frame.

Do you have the 10 & 11 iron?

Back