Dustin Johnson - Free Agent

My theory...
UA will sign him and there will be a line of UA clubs by 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would be awesome to see Mizuno grab him.

Assuming he doesn't stay put, I could see Nike paying him whatever he wants.

I'd love to see him end up with a Srixon bag come next season, with Under Armour or Bobby Jones apparel.

Why would anyone sign a player on shaky ground with the PGA? Not much of a role model for the young players. Don't understand why TM has kept him this long.

I think TaylorMade will try to keep him if the bidding doesn't go out sight, but, it could do just that if Nike wants him.

Is DJ's contract through the end of the 2015 calendar year, or just through the end of the 2014-2015 PGA Tour schedule? I think it's likely the former rather than the latter, given that TM is showing DJ in commercials for the M1 driver as well as wishing him good luck via Twitter as part of the Taylormade staffers that are playing in the President's Cup this week. However, if it's the latter, it makes me think that he stays with TM.

Why would anyone sign a player on shaky ground with the PGA? Not much of a role model for the young players. Don't understand why TM has kept him this long.

Winning cures everything. In his case maybe not winning but having a fantastic year.

Is DJ's contract through the end of the 2015 calendar year, or just through the end of the 2014-2015 PGA Tour schedule? I think it's likely the former rather than the latter, given that TM is showing DJ in commercials for the M1 driver as well as wishing him good luck via Twitter as part of the Taylormade staffers that are playing in the President's Cup this week. However, if it's the latter, it makes me think that he stays with TM.
Or they're trying to show they're on his side despite not wanting to pay what he wants, if that be the case. Kind of a, hey buddy we been with you before and we'll be with you in the future.

Huh. I have no clue. I just see him with TM

Since I believe Under Armour will buy Taylormade I see him going the route

I thought Under Armour was in the business of making money...?

I thought Under Armour was in the business of making money...?

Agreed. I don't see any way that they go anywhere near golf clubs.. Especially something as big as TM

It's interesting for sure, he could be known as the guy that can't close the deal, I'm not sure if it's good or bad but I'd imagine he stays with TaylorMade

Nike seems most likely. maybe DJ will be tiger's replacement.

I'd like to see him with cpg. he'd look good in the clothes, and he'd hit the sh-t out of the clubs. young guy with swag and confidence who absolutely golfs his ball. just an issue with $$$.

ua/titleist makes no sense to me. the clothing would fit into ua's image, but what a stark contrast to Jordan on whom they've built their brand. and titleist? nothing about DJ fits into the titleist image.

I really can't see DJ moving away from TM, but I wouldn't mind seeing him as a Callaway staffer.

While typing this I wondered if he would be a name Ping would look at.

Under Armour and Wilson Staff need to get this done. DJ rocking a new F5 driver would get some eyeballs on the brand imo.

I'm guessing he ends up staying with TMAG. But I could see Cobra/Puma as an alternative.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Agreed. I don't see any way that they go anywhere near golf clubs.. Especially something as big as TM

Kids love them some UA......UA clubs would be interesting.

#protectthisbag

Kids love them some UA......UA clubs would be interesting.

#protectthisbag
If they learned anything from Nike, they will stay far away from clubs.

If they learned anything from Nike, they will stay far away from clubs.

Yeah, I don't see it happening...ever....but I would hit that.

U/A gets in bed with TM. Consumes TM, Addidas/Ashworth go away. And DJ stays put. Wild guess obviously.

He's a pretty big face for TM, even with his personal issues. Although I'd argue that Day is the bigger name for them now. Either way, if I was a betting man I'd think that TM would pony up for him, maybe not to the levels he might be reaching for, but they'll pay him.

I can't really see him going anywhere else. I think TMAG will pay up and keep him in the stable. Hes obviously had issues but he can definitely move the needle, just an absolute bomber that can put it all together every once and a while. That kind of game can be awesome to watch.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Back