Best Shot You Hit This Year

In a 4-man scramble last month we had 170-175 to the pin with bunkers protecting the front of the green. I am not a big fan of hitting 5iron for some reason, it comes and goes, but this once was struck dead center and right at the flag. Landed on the fringe and rolled past the flag by about 10-12 feet. Felt good striking a long iron like that.

That was a pretty good shot. I️ still can’t think of my best shot of the year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On a par 5 at Campbell's holed a 170 yard 6-iron for an eagle. Unforetunately, the drive went out of bounds to leave me with that shot but I will take it

Just this last weekend probably. Hit this shot from 155 yards and made the birdie putt. Divot on the right of the pin and spun around to the left side. When I hit it I immediately said that might be in the hole and hey close enough.

Not a shot to a couple of inches like some of you guys but it was down the stretch of a call out against Mancest and allowed me to go 1 up so the added pressure makes it my best shot of the year.
355b3872a113bcaba0f025ca363ab02b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Playing earlier this year with Artm and Greg19 on par 5 9th hole at Halifax CC. "Pushed" my drive right into a forest, or so we thought. Cursing all the way up the fairway and into the woods I go. Can't find my ball so I take a drop. Art walks over to what he thinks is his ball and says "I'm not The_Dude?!?" Evidently I caught a tree and the woods spit it out. This left me 257 to the flag. Hit one of the purist 3w I've ever hit in my life but figured I landed in cross bunker 30 yards in front of green. We walk up and I'm on the green pin high left 35 feet away. Snuggled up eagle put for a tap in bird.

280 yd par 4, uphill and guarded by 2 huge bunkers. Hit my tee shot to 8' and made eagle.

Holed out from 135 for eagle on a par 4. And after driving in the water on back to back holes chipping in for par on both holes from around 40 yards. Probably my best 2 hole recoveries ever and the fact they were back to back was pretty nuts.

Best Shot You Hit This Year

A drive at the Cleveland shootout, did not know how far it was over the fairway bunker as the ridge was hiding the view. But had such confidence in hitting my shot took it over ended up hitting a huge drive think the hole was 500 yards had 170 yards left .

I’m hoping mine hasn’t happened yet this year. But to this point, 30 yard pitch hoped for birdie.

Well, they were good for me, but pale in comparison to these others.

Two chip ins on two consecutive holes with my 58, a club I only started to hit well this year. Both downhill to the left. The first was from 15 feet to save par. The second was from 20 yards to birdie a Par 5.

Those were my first chip-ins since early in 2015.

Best shot of the year for me came at the Morgan Cup, in singles match play. I don't remember which hole exactly. I hit a horribly short drive, and my opponent (Jose from Cobra Puma) sent his flying nearly 100 yards past.

My only chance at saving the hole (and possibly the match) was to whip out my 3 wood, which I hadn't been able to connect with all weekend, and give it a go. Sure enough I caught it beautifully, sent it flying about 230 and stuck it to 6 feet. Good enough to take a halve of the hole, and eventually win the match.

Best shot I hit this year was when I was in my swing rut. The_Dude, ArtM and I were playing Shining Rock in Northbridge, MA and it was the Par 5 3rd hole. After hitting a decent drive I was left with about 230-240 out. Normally I can get the 3 wood there that length, but it had been a tough year so far, and I was just trying to knock my ball to shorten up the hole. I ended up hitting one of the craftiest slices ever that literally fed right into and up the green. I ended up 2 putting for birdie and it was one of the bittersweet moments during my swing troubles. Added a visual below :)

Shot.png

Best shot I hit this year was when I was in my swing rut. The_Dude, ArtM and I were playing Shining Rock in Northbridge, MA and it was the Par 5 3rd hole. After hitting a decent drive I was left with about 230-240 out. Normally I can get the 3 wood there that length, but it had been a tough year so far, and I was just trying to knock my ball to shorten up the hole. I ended up hitting one of the craftiest slices ever that literally fed right into and up the green. I ended up 2 putting for birdie and it was one of the bittersweet moments during my swing troubles. Added a visual below :)

View attachment 29940
That ball got flattened on that shot dude. With the amount of curve on that ball it probably traveled 280 yards.

Par 5. It was kicking my butt.
At about 60 yards out, I hit it and it slammed into the hole. No roll or anything. Real loud and the flag was shaking.
It was for par!!!

16* #1 UDI to within 2-feet against a 25mph wind with light rain on a 197 yard Par-3.

There were a few shots this year but I narrowed them down to two particular shots on Par 3's ... both really close to getting Hole-In-One #8 of my career. Both were with an 8-iron incidentally ... guess that's been my favorite club this year.

close_hole_in_1.jpg

close_hole_in_1#2.jpg

Almost a hole in one. Hit the pin from 178 out, deflected 35 yards, three-putted for a bogey... story of my life.

Charity Scramble this year I hit a 9 iron to like 3 inches on a par 3 and won closets to the pin and a box of ProV1s. Very next hole I drove it 300 to the front edge of a par 4. Those were two of my best shots all year long and they were about 3 minutes apart from each other.

My personal best round ever came this year and one shot stands out about it. I had about 220 out into a two tiered green and the flag was on the bottom tier. It was more of a blind shot due to me wanting to cut the dogleg off. I had to make par to tie my personal best and anything better was the new PB.

Grabbed my Heavenwood and put a swing on it and it was the best shot I have ever hit in my golf career. Perfect ball flight, carried the bunker and hit mid way up the hill in the middle of the green and came to rest about 6 feet from the cup. While, I did not sink the eagle putt, a tap in birdie is fun. That was single handedly the best shot of my year.

Having played very little golf (for me) this year, I’ll go with a simple iron tee shot that I hit in Florida a couple of weeks ago.

a6c2fd82374834be593d271c7df72c4c.jpg

fd31170a805cf177010b236ef487a01a.jpg

Tried to miss the birdie putt, but thankfully it snuck in on the left edge.

I seriously thought we had ourselves a hole in 1 there.

This is a tough one, because I was lucky enough to have some competitive rounds where the circumstances make the shot mean more.

I would say it is a tie:

#8 at Pebble Beach, after hitting a 5W off the tee to set up position I had 184 to the flag over a dip and water. Hit it past the hole with my 4H and 2 putted a rather difficult hole with a par. Not much pressure on this one though.

For circumstance, the par 3 14th @ Cog hill Ravines during the Budget Golf Championship. We were several shots back, and the both members of Swedish tigers hit poor tee shots. I stuck a short iron to probably 8-10' giving us a chance to try and gain 1 if not 2-3 strokes back on them in one hole. They somehow made par so our birdie only got us one stroke back, but that was the shot I will probably remember the most from 2018.

Holed out for eagle from 135 out on a par 4. My dad had hit his approach shot to about 2 feet and thought he had won the hole, then I got up there and hit that shot. Ball took 2 bounces on the green and jumped into the hole, I couldn't believe it.

Drove a couple decent par 4's this year, one that actually left me with blue balls. Thanks @ddec

My first hole-in-one on 9/21/2017 at Grover Cleveland Golf Course in Buffalo, NY.

Is it bad that I enjoy having the chance to brag about it again? :)

During THP championship the shot I hit on 16 to about 2 feet that stands out to me.

Non THP event was a hole out on #9 from 84 yds at Lake Lanier in GA

5i from 195. Couldn't believe it stuck like it did
3bc5e1e2e13e9907e1393573aefda93e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920R7 using Tapatalk

Back