Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 Wedge Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice review Dan :thumb:

From the information, I am guessing their 'all new parallel micro milling pattern' is going to be very similar to that found in the Cleveland wedges?

My biggest gripe with Bridgestone is the lack of availability here in the UK so I am almost guaranteed never to see these to try against my current wedges

I’ve been a fan since the J40 line, in fact I still have that set. Very happy to have read what Dan is putting down. These wedges will make my bag in 2018 based on what I just read!!!

Awesome review Dan. I like everything about the looks and the features of these wedges.

Pretty wedge for sure. Is it just me, or should these have maybe come out when the Tour B line did?

Last edited:
Great write up Dan! These are some good looking wedges. The right hand only thing makes sense I suppose but is still disappointing as a lefty.

Great review on these wedges! My my my, do those look good. I prefer a bit more forgiveness, but the design and finish on these wedges is stunning.

Great looking wedge right there.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Nice review! I really do like the looks of these wedges and I have enjoyed the previous wedges that Bridgestone has put out.

I like the looks and will be curious to see if the spin claims from the new milling are seen across the board

Great job Dan!!! Love the look and finish on these wedges. It will be a pleasure to try them when they're available.

Great review Dan. I really like the looks of these wedges the name on the other hand is a bit much for me.

Nice review Dan!
I loved my old J40s and these sound like a solid continuation of their wedge line. I've always enjoyed how Bridgestone has a universal sole grind that somehow works for everybody.

Great job with your review Dan. This wedge should play very well for all kinds of different golfers. I'm a righty but it has to be tough to be lefty sometimes.

Great review Dan. These sound like a really solid offering but like the rest of their lineup the availability to see them in hand is going to be a challenge for me. Out of all of the clubs in my bag the wedge is the one I want in hand to test feel the most. That's going to be tough to do with this lineup, which is very unfortunate.

Great review, that thing looks amazing, love the dark finish on it.

That is a sharp looking wedge BS nailed it in looks great review Dan!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great review Dan!

I am a fan of the shape and design of this wedge. I also like that they've added the horizontal laser milling between grooves, I would imagine this line can put a ton of spin on the ball on quality strikes anyway. This will be a contender for an RTX3 replacement when I wear it out.

Great review, Dan. I absolutely LOVED the J40 wedge, still compare every wedge to it today in fact. Can't wait to get an opportunity to check out this offering as well.

Great Review Dan, I think for a better player this would be a great wedge to game.
With what Cleveland has done with wedges for the 15+ player, I'd have to go there first.
Too much forgiveness to ignore.

Nice review Dan!
I loved my old J40s and these sound like a solid continuation of their wedge line. I've always enjoyed how Bridgestone has a universal sole grind that somehow works for everybody.

My thoughts exactly

This looks great and I like hearing about the higher toe.

FINALLY! Jeez I've been waiting for Bridgestone wedge news forever it seems.

I'm super impressed with the look of these, I think they nailed it just as well as they have with every wedge they've made. The thought that they've made these to create more spin than the J15 is incredibly impressive, as they performed spectacularly there for me.

But.

I know the cool thing now is to gripe about Bridgestone product names, so why stop at the golf balls... Their last couple wedges were J's, these are Tour B. Does this mean they will carry the Tour B club premium price points, or fall in line with the price points of the J series clubs? With the name, I'd assume it would follow in line with the Tour B, but without a JGR counterpart I'd be happy to see them keep the price on their wedges more.... attainable.

Man I'm so happy to see Bridgestone actually DO something positive this year.

Finally the wait is over. Seeing these in person in the spring, I loved the shape and they will likely go straight in the bag. Just need to figure out which lofts and how many.

Love the look of these wedges and love they are forged. Also love the additional milling aka Cleveland. I played Bridgestone West Coast wedges 7-8 years ago and they were absolutely some of the best wedges ever. I switched away because I couldn't find them again to replace.

Back