Cobra KING F8 and F8+ Driver

Man those look fantastic. Love the milling on the driver, and the sound it made when Bryson tagged it? That is strong.

I noticed that also, that was hammered! I wonder if they were both hitting the same driver, F8/F8+? Or if they have a different sound between the two?

I noticed that also, that was hammered! I wonder if they were both hitting the same driver, F8/F8+? Or if they have a different sound between the two?

F8+ with their shafts in them and 12g front, 2g back.

While I'm very excited to try out the driver, gotta say I'm very intrigued with the OL hybrid.

I hit the 22* hybrid from a hard pan lie and it launched high and long. The rails really make the club easy to hit. I’ll be adding a 2h to my bag.

With the "MyFly8 with Smart Pad", I assume the F7 shafts wont fit?

MyFly8 is the hosel, unchanged since BioCell (although I do wish Cobra would move to a small cog system capable of independent loft/lie adjustment)

SmartPad is the sole's balance point keeping the face squared when soled, regardless of hosel setting

Very interesting looks in there. The irons look very much like the 716 AP's to me stylistically. I like that with the woods they essentially took all the things that are working and put them into one head, carbon fiber, ridges, etc.

Hoping we get some in hand time with these as there certainly is a lot going on, and a story to be told.

This looks like a solid offering from Cobra and I think their rendition of the milled face looks really sharp.
The Taylormade crown is a blatant rip off but is probably a smart move as it's easily the best looking crown design in golf IMO.

Thanks for the kind words everybody. I know the home page article is really long (sorry about that), but it was fun to write and I hope the information translates to what is going on in with the tech of the clubs.

The diver face DOES look wicked, though I would have liked to have seen it without the "CNC Milled" on there, but, I've been a long time against that kinds of thing on faces (see original Cleveland Milled Series putter review with their Face Milled).

I also like them going back to TWO fairway models/sizes.

This looks like a solid offering from Cobra and I think their rendition of the milled face looks really sharp.
The Taylormade crown is a blatant rip off but is probably a smart move as it's easily the best looking crown design in golf IMO.

I saw kind of thought that too, I think they could have just left the wing looking design and eliminated the two tone look and it would still look good without looking like a TM driver.

I won't disagree with that it looks like they took some notes from the TM design.
That TM crown though is the most noticeable crown in golf so I understand Cobra's idea of going to design like TM's.

I won't disagree with that it looks like they took some notes from the TM design.
That TM crown though is the most noticeable crown in golf so I understand Cobra's idea of going to design like TM's.
Certainly. I think they'll have to market it right to prevent people from thinking it's a Taylormade product when they see it on TV. The black/grey is more subtle so maybe that won't be an issue?

the drivers look great, I will try to test them for sure

This is really intriguing from a driver standpoint. JB's thread a few weeks back about maxing out drivers comes to mind. Cobra has done something really unique. I am subscribed to Rick Shiels youtube channel and I just watched his review of the driver. Love him or hate him, you at least have a good baseline from him if you follow him. You know if he likes a driver and know his relative distances. He was smashing the F8. He was having trouble getting over 2000 rpms spin. Knowing his past, that is very low. It will be interesting to compare his F8+ numbers. I haven't owned a Cobra driver since the old L4V days but this one will get a look.

I like it! Really looking forward to testing, hoping this will work for me.

which did it rip off specifically? genuinely asking because they all tend to run together in my mind.

honestly, i'm not a huge fan of any of the aesthetics here. the face is bizarre to me, and i don't like the graphics on the crown. BUT, i've played some ugly drivers in my day so i can get over it quickly if the performance is there.

i would love to try the f8+ with as much loft as possible.

question for @jb. wrt f8 vs f8+ shafts, we read:
The F8 features 3 choices in shafts
and
The F8+ comes equipped with three premium aftermarket shaft offerings

for information purposes only, i'm curious if the f8 nv 2kx shaft is different than the f8+ nv 2kx.

i think it's cool that they are differentiating the f8 fw from the f8+ fw. kinda taking the guessing game out of the weight placement. and thank goodness they're keeping rail tech in play, because it's legit.

i wouldn't actively seek out these clubs because of cobra connect, but it would be cool to tinker with it if i had it. tbh, i would rather cobra offered it as an upgrade only, and redirected that cost center to some other improvement.

great writeup. yes it's a long read, but there's a lot going on and it's absolutely worth it.

and love the feedback from @tadashi70. he seems to be really impressed with the f8 line.

another question. cobra was super excited about zero cg in the ltd driver. did they move away from that, or is it still incorporated in anything else? just curious.

Greatest part about the release of this driver is how it will make the F7+ cheaper. Doubt you can improve on the blast that comes off the face of that club...

Thanks for the kind words everybody. I know the home page article is really long (sorry about that), but it was fun to write and I hope the information translates to what is going on in with the tech of the clubs.

Honestly, I think you did a great job with the home page article. There is a lot of "Stuff" there between all of the launches.
I was able to understand the difference between the different products - Not easy to do.
Must have taken you a while to write up.

I had the F8+ in the bag for 18 holes yesterday and I hit it 13 times. It was set to 10.5* with 2g in back and 12g in front for 6 driving holes. 10.5* with 12g in back and 2g in front for the last 7 driving holes.

As you can imagine the ball was coming off low with 12g in front. This played great in the windy conditions. But I needed to see if I could launch it higher and really take advantage of the loft. The difference was shocking. My first swing with 12g in the back was a nice high arcing cut down the middle.

I had two loose swings that results in my typical high right miss but instead of being out of play I was just left with challenging 2nd shots. You can thank the milled face for the ball staying on the planet.

The Nutro aka gray finish with polymer disruptors on the crown is really a very nice look. The Black, to me, made the head look smaller more compact. Both offering are a great look. As was mentioned in the review, the stock shaft options are the real deal Holyfield. And there are also 13 other shafts you can choose from. All will come with Cobra Connect and your choice of 8 grips at this time and 80% of the grips on the market later next year.

In my opinion the F8 is a big improvement on the F7 from all standpoints.

How were the fairways woods Panda!? I have always been curious about the Cobra fairways woods for some reason.

And would the "grooved" driver face cause any damage to the golf balls after time?

This sounds and looks awesome. Removing weight from the face sounds like a brilliant move. This is on the must try list and the price is great. Cobra connect welcome back.

DSC01295-L.jpg

Still dont care for, or think the CNC Milled was needed on there, but, that is a pretty badass looking driver face.

The diver face DOES look wicked, though I would have liked to have seen it without the "CNC Milled" on there, but, I've been a long time against that kinds of thing on faces (see original Cleveland Milled Series putter review with their Face Milled).

I also like them going back to TWO fairway models/sizes.

In Rick shiels’s video , the CNC looks like a sticker maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back