Cobra KING F8 Hybrids and Fairway Woods

Single Length hybrid makes so much sense it's hard to believe it took this long for an OEM to do one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Single Length hybrid makes so much sense it's hard to believe it took this long for an OEM to do one.

While not a major OEM, Pinhawk has had SL hybrids for quite some time now.

They make SL fairways too. Buddy of mine let me hit his 3w. Very similar in design to a Ping K15 fairway wood. He also had one of the SL hybrids this year but sold it with his one length iron set. So if anyone wanted to try one without the big cash outlay the Pinhawk SL hybrids are $50 range.

The new line-up looks sharp. I read the article earlier, thanks for the information!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

As someone who struggles with longer shafted clubs, a one length hybrid mite be perfect...

5ee7f6125d48f9eb8cba83cad847aff9.jpg

That looks awesome

While not a major OEM, Pinhawk has had SL hybrids for quite some time now.

They make SL fairways too. Buddy of mine let me hit his 3w. Very similar in design to a Ping K15 fairway wood. He also had one of the SL hybrids this year but sold it with his one length iron set. So if anyone wanted to try one without the big cash outlay the Pinhawk SL hybrids are $50 range.

The Pinhawk SL hybrid is a seeet hitting club. The ability to pick one’s own shaft and specs make this a compelling offering.

Having owned SL clubs and hybrids, I would suggest that the 3 degree loft gaps that Cobra has probably aren’t going to work if someone wants to game all three. The 3/5 would gap between them, but probably play 10 yards (for those of average SS) shorter than a typical hybrid. I mention this not to discourage because there are clear benefits in consistency to be had. It is just that one needs to spec them right if they want to fit it in with a normal set as a stand alone hybrid.
yard

Just a question on the one length hybrids. I have just got into the one length F7 irons and am hooked. However my irons are 1/2 inch shorter and 1deg flat.

How would this pan out on a one length hybrid if it is to match the irons. Obviously 1/2 shorter is no problem but what about 1deg flat lie angle?

Just a question on the one length hybrids. I have just got into the one length F7 irons and am hooked. However my irons are 1/2 inch shorter and 1deg flat.

How would this pan out on a one length hybrid if it is to match the irons. Obviously 1/2 shorter is no problem but what about 1deg flat lie angle?

Reviews thus far say the hybrid sits upright. Maybe cobra could bend one ?

i feel like pga tour players can be finicky about their fairway woods. but rickie put the f8+ 3w and f8+ baffler 5w in play and won. i’m very intrigued by this line and will definitely be testing it next year.

i feel like pga tour players can be finicky about their fairway woods. but rickie put the f8+ 3w and f8+ baffler 5w in play and won. i’m very intrigued by this line and will definitely be testing it next year.

You and me both!

Cobra KING F8 Hybrids and Fairway Woods

Such a good point. Bags them, games them, wins. Pretty good intro for the lineup

Exactly my thought. I believe Rickie had been playing that Fly Z fairway wood up until this point so for him to make a change says something. As much as I'm intrigued by the driver I'm looking to make a change in the fairway spot and this may be the one.

I just preordered the F8 One length 5H. It is the same loft but a 1/4" shorter than my current 5I. Want to see if the shorter design and the rails help me out here. Otherwise I might throw my F7 One length 5I back in the bag as that thing rules.

I’m curious your thoughts on it when it arrives mancest.

I just preordered the F8 One length 5H. It is the same loft but a 1/4" shorter than my current 5I. Want to see if the shorter design and the rails help me out here. Otherwise I might throw my F7 One length 5I back in the bag as that thing rules.

Please keep us in the loop I really like this idea

Please keep us in the loop I really like this idea

Could be fun. I am testing out the VKTR 26* but I think it spins too much for me. I love the launch, but I don't feel like I am getting all the distance I need out of that spot. the AP3 5I is a good club, but I think I could use a little higher launch. Anyway, just fun to test things out.

I almost ordered the 3h today and really test the extreme side of single length but didn't. Excited to read your thoughts on it man.

The slight tweaks they made to these clubs makes sense looking forward to thoughts on them, as I don’t think I’ll move on from my F7s

The F8 fairway is almost more of a ponder than the driver. I can't wait until they get in to a store store around here. I could see the top of my bag being all Cobra once again this year.

The slight tweaks they made to these clubs makes sense looking forward to thoughts on them, as I don’t think I’ll move on from my F7s

it’s going to take something really special for me to move on from my f7. i’m hoping @jman gets to spend some time with it because he was so spot on with the f7.

it’s going to take something really special for me to move on from my f7. i’m hoping @jman gets to spend some time with it because he was so spot on with the f7.

He's ok. :alien:

I hope to hit these at some point as well. Always happy to expand my knowledge base. They got RF to switch, which is WAY bigger than I think some realize.

I've had a 3/4 fairway in the shopping cart at least 3 times now. I'm just wondering if the release date is the date it would ship or if I would receive it that date. I would want to make sure I have it for my trip on the 17th.

And then the question is do I go black or Nardo? Such hard life decisions!

I've had a 3/4 fairway in the shopping cart at least 3 times now. I'm just wondering if the release date is the date it would ship or if I would receive it that date. I would want to make sure I have it for my trip on the 17th.

I rolled the dice, I think you should too. You're welcome!

Nardo all day long. Such an awesome color!!

I rolled the dice, I think you should too. You're welcome!

I think I'll probably end up chancing it. At first I was thinking of picking one up somewhere after I land in Tampa but I'd rather give my business to BudgetGolf. And it doesn't hurt that we have the benefit of that discount!

Back