Cobra KING F8 Hybrids and Fairway Woods

I think that its an intriguing concept that COULD potentially be a game changer for those who struggle with hybrids due to playing length.

Will be fun to see more eventually.

I think it is a sweet concept. While I do not play SL irons, I do play -1" shortened Hybrids.. 3/4/5 and sometimes even a 2h. They are my bread and butter clubs and have the most tenure in my bag.
When I first heard rumors about a SL hybrid coming from Cobra I was intrigued. So much so that I thought about ordering some Pinhawk SL hybrids. I was skeptical of their look and finish quality and know that Cobra will put out a fantastic looking and quality product. So I am curious to see what these will do in my hand and hopefully can test at some point. After seeing Mark Crossfield's on course test this has peaked my interest once again. My local fitter said he is a high ball hitter and struggled to launch the 3h, so I have my doubts but will sure try them once available. If anyone on THP gets to try these I will be on the edge of my seat anticipating their feedback.

I am waiting to get shipping confirmation for my 5H. I am hoping it will fit the gap I am looking for....

I am waiting to get shipping confirmation for my 5H. I am hoping it will fit the gap I am looking for....

Kind of crazy that the Morgan Cup guys get all of this huh? Going to be 12 lucky THPers.

Kind of crazy that the Morgan Cup guys get all of this huh? Going to be 12 lucky THPers.

Yeah, it is going to be another great Morgan Cup. I was a little bummed when I saw the dates (I will be out of town already) but happy that others will get to have a great time with a phenomenal OEM.

EDIT: just looked at my confirmation email... says ship by 1/12/18.... so shouldn't be long folks!

Anxiously awaiting my 3 and 4 hybrid with this exact combo. Can’t wait to put them to the test and share feedback...my love of a good hybrid is no secret and I truly have big expectations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm super intrigued by the one length hybrid. Think it would be right up my alley especially in the 5.

I'm really curious how a SL 4 hybrid would perform in the 4 iron spot compared to a 4 iron or other hybrid. I love the idea of using it around the green for chipping too. It's going to be fun to see how it works for others.

I really see the OL hybrid being a sleeper club this year. I can’t see how it couldn’t be at least the most accurate hybrid out there. I wonder if it will be overlooked by people who play standard irons, or if those same people will flock to it in order to test the one length concept without buying an entire iron set.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I would really only have interest in the one length version if i was playing the one length irons. Actually in my time with the irons the hybrid would have been welcome.

I would really only have interest in the one length version if i was playing the one length irons. Actually in my time with the irons the hybrid would have been welcome.

I thought of your review for the OL when this hybrid was announced. I wonder how aggressively they moved mass low and deep compared to the standard length.

Pretty sure this thread got some extra looks today!

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

I can't wait to hear you guys feedback on the new fairways and hybrids, especially from those who gamed the F7's (which I loved). Closer more pronounced rails are intriguing. Hoping the overall consensus is definite improvement.

I kind of want a 3W now.

this is the part i think is missed in the adjustability craze. putting those big bulky adapters means more weight on a part of the club that seems to be an inefficient use. and i would think forces the engineers to, well, engineer around the, well, forces in play with weight distributed in that spot. removing it allows them to focus on the head, and we all win.

In Rick Shiels videos of testing 5 years worth of drivers for each manufacturer he went back to 2012-2016 and you could in fact see that the engineers did not regain the distance that 2012 non-adjustable heads had until about 2016. There was a clear drop from 2012 to 2013 in distance for all the manufacturers. The only one that gained distance with adjustability was TaylorMade right off the bat, but they gave up accuracy as their first adjustable head driver he was hitting all over the place. Their clubs kind of reined in that forgiveness and accuracy as the years went forward.

Boo!!! Dicks just sent me an email that due to back order my hybrid will not ship until Feb 1st at the earliest....

Thought that was why I preordered a month before release! Oh well, a couple week delay is not the end of the world. But it does have me looking at the Cleveland HB launcher 5I....

Really kicking myself ten times over for not jumping on the Dick's deal on these.

Really kicking myself ten times over for not jumping on the Dick's deal on these.

For me the price would end up almost the same buying it from Budget golf now with the 15% off for THPers. That is because of the sales tax from the lovely state of CA.

F8 3-4 fairway now ordered with an EvenFlow Blue 75 shaft in Nardo to match my driver.

After having an unbelievably crappy day thanks to delayed flights I came home to this little mood booster. I can not wait to get this on the course in a couple of days!

02dcd4eea1d0b19895dbafb60bd804e3.jpg

6ea99ece72c4afc16deba0ff7611d998.jpg

070017385202ea03c4915f0ee21626ff.jpg

Nice stick KEV!!!

Nice KEV, I'm glad we're playing together next weekend, gonna swipe this baby a few times!

3 wood is the number 1 club I need to update in my bag, but I just have no idea which shaft or if I should get the 8 or 8+ model. If you go to a PGA superstore do they have all the shaft options that are listed on the Cobra website and is it free to change the shafts? I've never been fit for a 3 wood so I have no idea what my ideal shaft/head configuration is.

Back