Cobra KING F8 Hybrids and Fairway Woods

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
One length in the hybrid and ultralight crown in the FWs sound intriguing.

I'm really interested in these hybrids. I'm looking to get into a set of one length irons before too long, and I can't wait to try the hybrids.

One length hybrid is very cool also switching the weight port to the front in the pro line is a good differentiation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only heard great things so have to admit that a single length set combined of irons and hybrids is intriguing. Really wonder how much (if at all) I struggle with consistency due to an inconsistent setup.

Looking forward to testing these. Not sure about one length???

I'm a huge fan of the F7 hybrids and this seems to be a nice evolutionary release from those. I like that they've brought the One Length approach into this year's offering.

Looking forward to testing these. Not sure about one length???

Definitely will have to try the one length hybrid out.
I’m loving the looks of these hybrids and woods! I can’t wait to see them in person.

Ilhave and love the F7 Hybrids, but will check out these new clubs

One length in the hybrid and ultralight crown in the FWs sound intriguing.

I’ve never seen anyone get so excited over this hybrid like I saw Bryson. He raves about it for 5 minutes. Launched high, low and mid. He even advocated for using it around the greens as a chipper.

He even advocated for using it around the greens as a chipper.

I can’t say that surprises me a whole lot. Bryson seems to be pretty ok with not playing the “expected” club for a given shot.

It’s really cool to see Cobra owning the one length setup and expanding it to include the hybrid.

Cobra KING F8 Hybrids and Fairway Woods

I can’t say that surprises me a whole lot. Bryson seems to be pretty ok with not playing the “expected” club for a given shot.

It’s really cool to see Cobra owning the one length setup and expanding it to include the hybrid.

c41daf7e363a33d4f7f15beaf146617e.jpg

2b7a4ffa8f678767f3048a235aee89bf.jpg

7052929fc5ba7f1cdd1da195e736a9b5.jpg

These are pics of his bag.

Bryson's bag is absolutely fascinating to me! Having a ONE hybrid to play with ONE irons really completes the package.

I've always been a fan of the rails, but now those FW sound excellent.

Bryson's bag is absolutely fascinating to me! Having a ONE hybrid to play with ONE irons really completes the package.

I've always been a fan of the rails, but now those FW sound excellent.

I was not a fan of the F7 FWs but the F8+ 3W is a winner in my book. The looks, feel and sound really were appealing. The rails make it very easy to elevate off the deck and off the tee, forget about it!!!

99% sure i'll have an f8+ 5/6 in my bag next year. i love the f7 i have now, but something with a little less spin and a little more distance would be awesome in that slot. the stock shaft offering is solid too.

as an aside, nobody does wedge stamping like ben schomin at cobra. love that guy!

I was not a fan of the F7 FWs but the F8+ 3W is a winner in my book. The looks, feel and sound really were appealing. The rails make it very easy to elevate off the deck and off the tee, forget about it!!!

I couldn't ever get along with the F7 FW or hybrid, but the rails always interested me, I hope I feel the same way you do about the F8. Can't wait to try it now.

What’s the shaft length of the SL hybrid and the loft options ?

F7's were one of the BEST fairways released last year, if you wanted accuracy and launch, there may not have been a better one in fact. I like that this year it appears they are focusing on adding speed and thusly length, additionally I like them going back to the two model method.

I’ve never seen anyone get so excited over this hybrid like I saw Bryson. He raves about it for 5 minutes. Launched high, low and mid. He even advocated for using it around the greens as a chipper.

Love using my hybrid around the greens as a chipper. Very cool to hear this! Must try!

Interesting.....I've always enjoyed the way the Cobra fwy woods look. I need to try this.

another good review of the hybrid here and he also says the one length hybrid is great for chipping with

99% sure i'll have an f8+ 5/6 in my bag next year. i love the f7 i have now, but something with a little less spin and a little more distance would be awesome in that slot. the stock shaft offering is solid too.

as an aside, nobody does wedge stamping like ben schomin at cobra. love that guy!

I’m thinking I may end up with an f8 3-4... or driver. They just look damn good.... or a new 2 hybrid?

bonded hybrids... not for me.

Why?

They did studies that showed people don’t adjust their hybrids. That allowed them to remove weight and redistribute.

Love the idea of a one length hybrid. Makes so much sense

Why?

They did studies that showed people don’t adjust their hybrids. That allowed them to remove weight and redistribute.

good for them, those people aren't me. i find lack of adjustability to be a step backwards, although it does make sense in the OL setup

Back