Good set of blades?

carolinaborn82

Reaction score
Looking to switch back to blades without breaking the bank. What are a good set of blades from the late 90's-early 2000's?

Mizuno

Bridgestone Tour Stage X can be had for like $300.

You don't have to go that far back to get affordable blades though. Look for some Callaway RAZR X muscle back.......eBay or Callaway pre-owned.

What's your definition of affordable? Because you can easily get a set that's 2 years old for under $300.

I've got a set of Mizunos collecting dust if your interested. Shoot me a PM and I'll get you some pics.

Feel free to PM me as well. I have a couple of different sets sitting at my parents' house that I've been thinking of listing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking to switch back to blades without breaking the bank. What are a good set of blades from the late 90's-early 2000's?

I have a set of Nike cci forged if a MC is an option. Cheap!

If you are looking for something from that era, try some 99 Hogan Apex Blades.

The Hogan Apex players irons from around that era were solid my man.

I've got a set of Wilson Staff FG Tour 100's that I picked up for $320 slightly used. They are beauties and a true blade but boy are they tough to hit. I would recommend at least trying a much more forgiving cavity back forged iron like the Wilson Staff FG V2 which I played from 2012 to 2014.

fgtour100.jpg

I've got a set of Wilson Staff FG Tour 100's that I picked up for $320 slightly used. They are beauties and a true blade but boy are they tough to hit. I would recommend at least trying a much more forgiving cavity back forged iron like the Wilson Staff FG V2 which I played from 2012 to 2014.

fgtour100.jpg

Brief thread-jack: I still think these are some of the best looking clubs I've ever seen. Tempted to get a short set, just for fun.

fgtour100.jpg

Those are beautiful man.

Mizunos from that era are all pretty sweet. The MP-33's would be a good choice but I'm not sure how much they're going for. I like my MP-67's and you should be able to find a nice set very reasonably priced.

fgtour100.jpg
Those are such gorgeous irons. I've demoed them and the pictures do not do them justice.

Back