jim54

must be the shafts
Reaction score
Handicap
Has anyone tried to remove a plastic Cally tip? I would think the heat would just mess it up.

I fooled around this week and did not order one and was thinking of trying to pull one off the steel shaft it is on, but hate to ruin it and then have nothing to use tomorrow. Maybe just heat the shaft and not the plastic?

I pull shaft tips all the time using my shaft puller and a heat gun on the lowest setting. It wastes the ferrule but the adapter will be fine. You can get replacement ferrules at Billy Bob's for just about all of them.

Take the tip of the adaptor off first, then remove the setting collars. You will need to cut the old ferrule off, the rest is metal.

Take the tip of the adaptor off first, then remove the setting collars. You will need to cut the old ferrule off, the rest is metal.
^^^ this

if you need Jim I have 335 ferrules for the adapter.

If you have the newer style of second generation. You can't remove the tip. Just remove ferrule and heat for no longer than 1minute on high heat. Make sure you have a proper shaft puller though.

Have successfully removed several with a heat gun. As others have said, the ferrule will have to be replaced. Apply adequate heat and use a shaft puller to remove from shaft.

I've read online before that there is a sort of Vaseline type product out there that resists heat. It can be put on the ferrule to resist the heat and save the plastic.

Thanks all for the info, I have lots of ferrules so I may give it a go. Played with the steel shaft and it is OK but I have a older UST shaft I might put in to see how it does.

Worked like a charm, thanks for the advice. New (old) shaft is tipped

Back