GCQuad Data: Take a Look

Just so Im clear this is comparing an average of 8 to a single shot right?

The gain of 19 yards carry with #2 is certainly a sign of a better fitting driver but a gain of that size Id like to see more data to find out why exactly.

Just so Im clear this is comparing an average of 8 to a single shot right?

The gain of 19 yards carry with #2 is certainly a sign of a better fitting driver but a gain of that size Id like to see more data to find out why exactly.

Its not really comparing that at all. We gave the information on his normal average with his gamer to understand his game more.
This is really just looking at two shots with two different clubs and seeing how the data impacted his overall performance.

Its not really comparing that at all. We gave the information on his normal average with his gamer to understand his game more.
This is really just looking at two shots with two different clubs and seeing how the data impacted his overall performance.
Ah ok I see.

In that case it appears to be a battle of back spin or of strike location. Driver 1 pumping out more speed but losing precious yards due to that spin. I thought maybe strike location could cause this but it also has higher launch which muddies the water a little.
I don't really see the "pull" as an issue at all with shot #2, it just means the face is closer to square to path at impact.

I think back spin, side spin, launch angle and even the decent angle is the result of face angle at impact vs swing path.
For both swings, face is closed to the target but swing 2 was more closed than swing 1.
Both swings may have the same swing path - slightly out to in - and we could still see similar ball flight.
The angular difference between the face angle and club path is creating more spin in my opinion and a more glancing blow to the ball for swing 1.
Assuming swing speed is the same, the fact that driver 1 had higher ball speed on a more glancing blow, I would work with driver 1 and try to see if I can get the face and club path to match more closely.

I had similar issues with my ball flight - clearly my swing was the problem. Last year the fitter put me in a Oban Devotion 7 04 and it resulted in a major improvement. I'm probably a few MPH slower than your friend so my initial reaction at seeing the shaft was major gag reflex. However by the 3rd swing I realized I could game the shaft. The high big fade has been reduced and the descent angle has reduced a lot.

Maybe he needs to think outside the box and try a shaft that doesn't seem obvious.

Everyone should have one of these neat toys to play with, I would never get any work done. Just play and stare at number all day!! Big time fun!!!

I think back spin, side spin, launch angle and even the decent angle is the result of face angle at impact vs swing path.
For both swings, face is closed to the target but swing 2 was more closed than swing 1.
Both swings may have the same swing path - slightly out to in - and we could still see similar ball flight.
The angular difference between the face angle and club path is creating more spin in my opinion and a more glancing blow to the ball for swing 1.
Assuming swing speed is the same, the fact that driver 1 had higher ball speed on a more glancing blow, I would work with driver 1 and try to see if I can get the face and club path to match more closely.
Ball only spins on 1 axis. You are leaving out shaft, club head, gear affect, strike location, AOA. Probably some others not thinking off

Has he already purchased the driver that increased his average drive by 11 yards? If not, he should. I would imagine that's the equivalent of a full club for him on approach shots, so that 8 handicap might come down a bit.

Club 1 was Callaway Epic
Club 2 was Cobra KING F8

The best he did as an average was the Cobra KING F8. Second best was Ping G400. Longest on the day for a single shot was Callaway EPIC. Honestly any of these 3 he could get dialed in with and be a pretty big improvement over his current driver, which was the Ping G30...Which he also hit very well.

That'll make this weekend even more interesting!!!

GCQuad Data: Take a Look

Club 1 was Callaway Epic
Club 2 was Cobra KING F8

The best he did as an average was the Cobra KING F8. Second best was Ping G400. Longest on the day for a single shot was Callaway EPIC. Honestly any of these 3 he could get dialed in with and be a pretty big improvement over his current driver, which was the Ping G30...Which he also hit very well.

Good stuff right here but I'm confused which one is his current driver M2 or G30

Good stuff right here but I'm confused which one is his current driver M2 or G30

His current club was the Ping G30. I copied and pasted that from another report for him today (FW Woods) that will be coming at a later date.
It was fixed

Club 1 was Callaway Epic
Club 2 was Cobra KING F8

epic is such a ball speed monster. interesting he launched it higher and with my more spin than the regular f8. what his launch and spin like with g400? gut tells me higher and highest but i’m curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

epic is such a ball speed monster. interesting he launched it higher and with my more spin than the regular f8. what his launch and spin like with g400? gut tells me higher and highest but i’m curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Higher in both. Slightly lower ball speed.
Any of the three really worked for him. Its hard to walk away from more ball speed, but he preferred the sound of the Ping and Cobra too.

Ball only spins on 1 axis. You are leaving out shaft, club head, gear affect, strike location, AOA. Probably some others not thinking off

I agree that the ball only spins in one axis, and probably am leaving other factors out.
But side spin portion ball spin is affected primarily by face angle and swing path as I did assume that strike was optimal in the center of the club face.
And just wanted to make a point that driver 2 may not be the better driver just based on that one result.

Club 1 was Callaway Epic
Club 2 was Cobra KING F8

Excellent and very interesting, thank you very much for sharing JB. Those are (sort of) the three drivers that sit right at the top of the ponder list (if only they were the lower spin versions). Too bad the ESZ, G400LST and F8+ are not as good a fit for him, #selfishreasons. Darn Florida fairways.

Still thinking about that range comparison Thursday and the data this unit was spitting out.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

Still thinking about that range comparison Thursday and the data this unit was spitting out.

It was fun watching the guys hit all sorts of clubs on the GCQuad.

I guessed I didn't realize how accurate it was. Seeing everyone's data that quickly and that accurately was awesome! I know everyone had a blast seeing as our morning round got scrapped. This actually worked out even better than we could have expected it to.

Higher in both. Slightly lower ball speed.
Any of the three really worked for him. Its hard to walk away from more ball speed, but he preferred the sound of the Ping and Cobra too.

I dislike the sound of the Epic enough that I wouldn’t play it even if it had the best numbers. The Epic SZ sounds great and is one of the reasons it’s in my bag. I also like the sound of the G400 but have not tried the F8 yet. Sound for me is an important part of the club purchase decision.

How did the epic vs rogue drivers fair for ya?

How did the epic vs rogue drivers fair for ya?
On the range it was huge and I think the Epicenter SZ was out performing the Rogue. At least that's what the GCQuad said. (Felt that way too) however, today on he course it wasn't even close. I only made my birdies when I. Borrowed Cobra 's Rogue....so apparently it's a birdie machine.

I would have gone with bit more loft to try and get the launch angle up. I would do it by dropping the shaft length 1", adding 10+ grams to the overall weight, and adding weight to the head to get SW back to manageable and increasing launch by getting CG more rearward.

I've had a lot of success with OTT swingers by giving them shorter heavier drivers.

Back