Thanksgiving Travel and/or golf plans

captaincaution

@alekbabel -2022 Grandaddy!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Thanksgiving is next week! We are getting out of the cold for the week and heading down to Florida with the family. Hoping to play golf a couple times down there.

Are you traveling for the holdiay? Any golf plans, even if you're not going anywhere?

My parents have been on a 2 year road trip in a RV, my brother is working (ER Nurse) and my extended family are out of town soooooo I'll be all alone this year. BUT I'm playing 27 holes at Moorpark Country Club, CA. I think this will be a good Thanksgiving :)

Will be spending Thanksgiving in the hospital with my wife.

Will be spending Thanksgiving in the hospital with my wife.
Really hoping for the best for the family James

My parents have been on a 2 year road trip in a RV, my brother is working (ER Nurse) and my extended family are out of town soooooo I'll be all alone this year. BUT I'm playing 27 holes at Moorpark Country Club, CA. I think this will be a good Thanksgiving :)

Has been a while since I️ last played Moorpark but like that course. Can’t remember which hole but like the uphill tee shot over a ravine (has rock face and a pretty small landing area). That’s a great hole! Have fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanksgiving is next week! We are getting out of the cold for the week and heading down to Florida with the family. Hoping to play golf a couple times down there.

Are you traveling for the holdiay? Any golf plans, even if you're not going anywhere?

Flying to Hawaii tomorrow morning and I will be there through Thanksgiving. Have two rounds planned and Mr.Hicksta is island hopping to join in on a round! Pretty pumped!

Just heading down to visit my folks in Jersey. Hoping to sneak a round in if the weather cooperates.

If the weather holds out I will be playing 3 times in the next 7 days.

Saturday - round with some buddies @ Sharp Park
Sunday - Our men's clubs Turkey shoot (2 man team, 6 holes of best ball, 6 holes of alt shot, 6 holes of scramble)
Thursday - 18 hole shotgun tournament that starts at 8am.

Hopefully be home by 1 then watch some football and eat some turkey.

I’ll be in Ft Lauderdale for the week and I know I am playing at least once. Where in FL will you be at?

Has been a while since I️ last played Moorpark but like that course. Can’t remember which hole but like the uphill tee shot over a ravine (has rock face and a pretty small landing area). That’s a great hole! Have fun

yeah I don't remember that hole either. It's been about 7 years since I played there. The only one I remember is the one with the bell.

I'm off work from the 22-27th so I will get some golf in for sure. Usually always go pick up my mom and we go out for Thanksgiving dinner since it is just 3 of us. There is a chance of making a ten hour run to Wisconsin to see my dad though.

Playing Troon North and We-Ko-Pa the weekend after Thanksgiving.

I’ll be in Ft Lauderdale for the week and I know I am playing at least once. Where in FL will you be at?

Venice area.

I'll be staying home for Thanksgiving. We have a large ( cold weather) 4 man scramble at my club on Black Friday that has become a tradition for my golf plans!

We were planning to stay home but that changed with a phone call Monday. My wife got a call about her sister's health taking a significant turn for the worse so we are heading to Murrells Inlet, SC to visit her and her family.

We were planning to stay home but that changed with a phone call Monday. My wife got a call about her sister's health taking a significant turn for the worse so we are heading to Murrells Inlet, SC to visit her and her family.

thinking about you, bud.

we are staying in orlando (thank God!). i’m playing tuesday, and maybe wednesday. our office closes for the week but i might have to go in for a bit.

well lets see.
Drive up to in laws on Thursday (and hopefully not wednesday night).
Quasi thinksgiving with my folks Fri (hoping to get a lesson in if the guy returns my email)
My sister is getting married Sat, OSU vs MI
Home sat night

Suppose I can golf Sunday if it is ever not raining on a weekend

No golf in my future, lots of time spent with family and friends.

My wife and I will be home for Thanksgiving. Visiting close friends on Saturday after Thanksgiving. Probably play golf on Friday though.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

No travel plans here and I hope to get some golf in if the weather holds..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I'm playing the Turkey Day Scramble early Thursday morning and then will come home to finish up cooking for family.

I'm working at the course Thanksgiving day. Might get to play after I get done at 3:00 pm.

Driving back to PA Wednesday night
Early Thursday dinner with Dad and the step-family and then leftovers/dessert at mom's house with the old people :)
Hopefully playing somewhere on Friday or Saturday and/or maybe Sunday on the way home (I pass a course that I haven't played yet)

Up to Fallston,MD for my crew to spend the holiday with my parents. This is by far my favorite holiday and hope to start a new tradition this year, going to golf with my dad. I got him into golf as a retirement hobby and we haven't been able to share that many rounds but I am working hard to change that. Really excited

Back