What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys...just a bit happy. Will keep this ball for sure!
f479109deec9c12fb680e8e3974cb7b5.jpg

Atta boy Dougie!! Congrats that's awesome!!

I haven't played much since August due to coaching football but I've played 3 times in the last two weeks. 74 +3, 78, +7 and 38 +2. Looking forward to getting a ton of golf in between now and August when football starts up again.

Last night played 9 at Grantwood in solon pretty happy with the first time out this year. drove the ball well only missed 2 fairways

Gir- 4
Fir- 4 out of 6
Putts- 16

Played yesterday..

40 + 44 = 84

9 pars
1 bird
29 putts

Breaking 80 is getting closer...

Played the home course today. Scorecard went into the trash can after the 8th hole. One lone positive the entire day was the 25 foot putt I sank from the fringe. I'd guesstimate I shot somewhere around 115. Absolutely horrible.

Sent from my LGL15G using Tapatalk

44-47/91 with J4U today on a new course for both of us. Very fast greens with some silly pins pushed the score up a bit. Absolutely beautiful day with good company made it a great time.

41 for quick 9 this afternoon! Lots of wind but the ball striking was good!

53/40 Today. Dr. Jekyll I presume?

44-47/91 with J4U today on a new course for both of us. Very fast greens with some silly pins pushed the score up a bit. Absolutely beautiful day with good company made it a great time.
You aren't kidding about those greens...glass. I think the guy cutting the holes (however long ago they were done), was pissed off at somebody. Not only were they small, but the hole was always on a ridge...or two...and you just had to breath on them. Was awesome though after we figured it out a bit (kinda).

40/38 -78 today

Only 4 fairways hit today, but had 8 GIRS. Saw many areas of the course most don't see but was able to scramble my butt off a little. Almost drove a green today on a Par 4...it was an adjacent green...with people on it. Just off the fringe so I apologized and waited until they were done putting and put it just off the correct green...good times. On 18 I got a little excited trying to go over a lake and then some trees and pulled it left into the last set before the green. Here...I found this...
20160310_133223-1.jpg

While looking for my ball I found this one and just smiled with the awesome news I got today about making it into the PTx event. Was a fun pitch out and onto the green, but I've had the practice...haha.

Had a buddy ask me to go play and he payed for me so I couldn't turn it down. Played a shorter course (par 66) that is kind of just an easier play. Shot a 81 (39/42). Drove it really well and putted decently with 34 putts. I really struggled with approach shots and even my wedge shots which is usually the strong part of my game. Very rusty but feel like my game is in a decent place right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played yesterday for the first time since October I believe.

Shot 77 Par was 69.

Super happy with my driver. But it was a lot of March Wedges and Putting. Slowly it will come around. Hard to dial in 100 yards and in first time out.

Outlook for the season looks great.

So, technically the first outdoor round of the year but it was a great one. -2, 70. That included 2 3 puts and 2 missed damn near kick in birdies. Greens were in full winter shape and it was tough to roll the ball. Serious simulator time this year had my irons in mid season form. Was on the pin all day long. Have never lead off a season with anything like this before.
Fairways hit 71%
GIR 83%
1.78 puts per hole.

And the course had a new record for being open this early by almost a month.

40/40 for a lousy 80. Couldn't hit a straight drive to save my life except for #1 & #18. Not one birdie which is not good. Greens were not great but still. Missed one from kick in distance. Oh well it will come around.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

70 degrees here on Long Island today, couldn't pass that up, played the yellow at Bethpage, shot 83, not bad for winter rust, couldn't make a putt to save my life

I started off about 4 over through 5 holes and then the wheels fell off. All my drives went left and I couldn't hit an iron to save my life. I stopped keeping score, but finished the round. I was dumbfounded by the switch as I was hitting a variety of crisp shots on the range and through the first 5 holes. I'm going to keep grinding until I get the level of consistency I'm looking for. A few random thoughts from the round.

- THP Epoch Tees are AWESOME. I was getting constant contact in the sweet spot of my GBB using them.
- Sensicore inserts. Don wasn't lying when he said they're a no brainer at $28. My CF 16s feel even sweeter with them installed.
- White Hot RX V-Line Fang. This putter is amazing. Period. The weight, the balance and the feel are all phenomenal. Odyssey nailed it with this insert!
- Lamkin UTx grips. Possibly the best grip I've ever used. No joke.
- The Leupold GX-3i2? Money. So happy I went back to a rangefinder.
- Not that this is a surprise, but playing with THPers makes a round that much better!

Last edited:
Started 4 over through three holes then played the next six at 1 under for a 39.

48/42 for a 90 in my my first official round of 2016. Hit the ball really well off the tees and GIR wasn't bad considering the steady wind. Struggled with the putting. 38 total putts which is 5-7 over my usual average. Putting is always the last to come around though. If this is the start , in looking forward to a great season!

8323736bcaebfd8b2c6ff265a6970c6a.jpg
592a28fbfc5effb6d252fdd7d9f37bfd.jpg

Shot an even par 72 today at Lanier Golf Club. Played at 6800. 3 birds and 3 bogies. 12/18 greens and 30 putts. Felt really good to be out there as it was only round 2 of the year. Can't wait to build on this goin forward!!

Shot an even par 72 today at Lanier Golf Club. Played at 6800. 3 birds and 3 bogies. 12/18 greens and 30 putts. Felt really good to be out there as it was only round 2 of the year. Can't wait to build on this goin forward!!

The scores some of you guys put up just blow me away. Nice round, flog!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Played at Air Force Academy Eisenhower blue course (my mom is member there). Those greens ate me up. Very close to mountains and lots of slope. Shot 43/42. Not knowing the course and greens really got me. One highlight was I hit the 560 yd par 5 green in two with driver/5 iron. Was about 15 ft for eagle which I promptly 2 putted

Played decently today in spots. 81 (42, 39). I was a little slow getting started, but, found some rhythm in the middle, then finished birdie, birdie, par.

Played at Air Force Academy Eisenhower blue course (my mom is member there). Those greens ate me up. Very close to mountains and lots of slope. Shot 43/42. Not knowing the course and greens really got me. One highlight was I hit the 560 yd par 5 green in two with driver/5 iron. Was about 15 ft for eagle which I promptly 2 putted
That...was...connected my friend. I was busy looking for my ball...kinda...sorta in the woods again and missed the 5I shot. Man did it look good sitting on the green though!

My 47-42 sure felt like a lot more. My headache is gone and holy crap I didn't know a guy could talk so much...my head just started hurting again...ha.

Good company 3/4 and man you mom was on fire today. It was fun listening to her give you a hard time about winning holes. She can play!

Putted terrible for the first seven holes and shot 81. Got to my feel faster some how!

I shot a 74 yesterday - unfortunately it was only on 14 holes. The first 6 holes were great and then I blew up and could not get it back. Honestly I think it was more mental than anything. We were playing at a good pace and then around hole 7 things started to back up really bad - we were waiting on every shot. It got so bad I had to leave after hole 14 to make it home. What was looking like a 3 hour round was turning into a 5.5 hour round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back