Mike & Mike going, going, gone...

Rambler

Reaction score
Handicap
9.9, so 10
I know some don't like their show, but I have enjoyed it, really, since its inception (I actually remember the show Golic was doing before Greenberg was brought on). A lot has changed in the world, in sports, and certainly at ESPN over the years. This show was one of the truly consistent things for me every working-day morning. Going to be a little weird to not hear them on the same show going forward.

I listened daily, as at least here, there wasn’t much else on—even after satellite radio kicked in.

I enjoyed the show, but I’m not actually sure I will miss it. Golic and Wingo are the replacement right? I’m not sure all that much will change between those two shows.

I've listened on and off for the last 10-11 years. Once I got on sat radio I rotated between them and some other options. It's an interesting move moving Greeny to TV for a morning show. I think these two had a really good thing for a long time.

Loved, the show, but it was overtaken by commercials which annoyed me. A 60 minute time frame would only include 28-31 minutes of actual show, so I havent really listened much in a few years.

I listened daily, as at least here, there wasn’t much else on—even after satellite radio kicked in.

I enjoyed the show, but I’m not actually sure I will miss it. Golic and Wingo are the replacement right? I’m not sure all that much will change between those two shows.

I actually think the Golic/Wingo pairing may end up being pretty entertaining. I prefer Wingo's radio personality to Greenberg's.

I used to listen to them daily then switched to rotating between MLB radio and PGA radio. Did enjoy there show while I listened though.

I wont miss it at all, never really was a fan but I know many liked them. They must have been doing something right to last as long as they did

I wont miss it at all, never really was a fan but I know many liked them. They must have been doing something right to last as long as they did

Yep, I've heard this same sentiment. It seemed you either like them or you didn't.

I’ve listened to other stuff in that time slot recently. I️ used to listen everyday, but at some point a few years ago it just got to be commercial and “hot takes” by Greenberg that made me find something else.

I've listened on and off for the last 10-11 years. Once I got on sat radio I rotated between them and some other options. It's an interesting move moving Greeny to TV for a morning show. I think these two had a really good thing for a long time.

From what I've heard and read, they were only "doing it for the kids". Apparently they did not like each other and put on a really good front when the camera's and mic's were on. I listened to them for a bit but prefer music on my ride in.

In reality they are very much ESPN. I used to love them, then I liked them, then I tuned in every now and then. I used to love sportscenter and I haven't seen an episode in at least 3 years.

I actually think the Golic/Wingo pairing may end up being pretty entertaining. I prefer Wingo's radio personality to Greenberg's.
I agree. Never cared when Greeny was off; hated the show when Golic was off. So I guess if anything, I’m looking forward to a new second voice.

I will miss the show. When I had a 45 minute commute to work each morning the show was my staple. Im pretty sure I will listen to Golic, Golic Jr and Wingo moving forward

Sad to hear the last show today. I use to listen to them religiously for over a decade and have not listened as often the last few years due to all the stuff going on at ESPN. It wasn't them but the revolving door of talent on the radio. Once Cowherd left, my ESPN radio time went way down. I was very happy to catch the last hour of their last show. They have done something that we will probably never seen again in sports radio - 17 years together is a long time.

Always enjoyed their show. Sad to see it go.

17 years on the radio together is really really impressive.

I will miss the show. When I had a 45 minute commute to work each morning the show was my staple. Im pretty sure I will listen to Golic, Golic Jr and Wingo moving forward

Golic and Jr sound so similar to one another its scary. I actually really enjoy Trey Wingo and hope he has good chemistry with Golic like Greenberg.

It's been part of my daily drive into work for more than a decade, gonna be weird to hear Golic and Wingo, but I'll still listen!

I'm another fan of the show, like others I went from a daily listener to just tuning in once in a while but I always enjoyed the show. I liked their ying/yang personality combination that I felt made the show great. Tuned in for the final today and it was great, well done on those 2 and the tons of supporting members that weren't in front of the mic.

Enjoyed the show very much and listened to it every morning on my commute in. . And for those in the NYC area, with Mike Francesa leaving WFAN next month it is certainly an end to an era-but a great run all around.

i really liked their dynamic. although between the two, i found greenberg far more entertaining and interesting than golic. i don’t think i’ll listen much to the new show.

now the only show i care about on espn radio is russillo. i can’t stand lebetard or bomanti jones. i don’t like the daily dose of being told that if i have a different opinion i am not as intelligent or woke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I occasionally listened and enjoyed it when I did (minus the commercials)...18 years is a fantastic run. And ending on their own terms is cool.

I’ve always preferred the Dan Patrick Show.

I know some don't like their show, but I have enjoyed it, really, since its inception (I actually remember the show Golic was doing before Greenberg was brought on). A lot has changed in the world, in sports, and certainly at ESPN over the years. This show was one of the truly consistent things for me every working-day morning. Going to be a little weird to not hear them on the same show going forward.

This bums me out. I love Mike & Mike, it has literally been a staple for me for nearly two decades it seems. Going to be weird not having them on in the morning.

I’ve always preferred the Dan Patrick Show.
100% agreed but on the drive to work it's no good since he comes on at 9am.

They were pretty much the default sports talk on the way to work since our local hacks suck. I liked Greeny because he was a Jets fan and the two did get in some fun debates and worked well together. Even on days where I would be at home I would throw them on ESPN2 or ESPNEWS whichever one they were on for a segment or two.

They had a great run and enjoyed it.

Back