annsguy

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My3Kids
Just saw a few reviews of Justice League. I am bummed because they are consistently bad. Please let me know how you like it if you go.

Yeah I heard the reviews were not that great. But I'm still gonna see it

I have to see this because it looks too cool not to go. It’s a shame the DC world can’t match the Marvel movies. I read a ton of their comics as a kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to see this because it looks too cool not to go. It’s a shame the DC world can’t match the Marvel movies. I read a ton of their comics as a kid.

I think DC made a huge mistake putting Zack Snyder in charge of the whole shebang. I loved 300, but I can't think of anything he has done since that I enjoyed. It is sad because DC has IMHO the more iconic singular superheroes (Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman) and the BEST villians (Joker/Lex Luthor/Ra's Al Ghul/etc) but the tone and the stories just don't fit at all.

If they had made the same movies before Marvel rebooted their studio these would probably be well thought of but if you go watch Thor: Ragnarok then go watch this... it is impossible not to compare.

All that said I still plan on checking this out sometime in the next couple weeks.

I’m going tomorrow. I’ll let you know what I think.

I think DC made a huge mistake putting Zack Snyder in charge of the whole shebang. I loved 300, but I can't think of anything he has done since that I enjoyed. It is sad because DC has IMHO the more iconic singular superheroes (Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman) and the BEST villians (Joker/Lex Luthor/Ra's Al Ghul/etc) but the tone and the stories just don't fit at all.

If they had made the same movies before Marvel rebooted their studio these would probably be well thought of but if you go watch Thor: Ragnarok then go watch this... it is impossible not to compare.

All that said I still plan on checking this out sometime in the next couple weeks.

What baffles me is that they brought in Joss Wheddon after Snyder had to drop out for personal reasons and it still appears to be a mess. I have to remember that there were similar reviews for Batman vs Superman and I liked the movie. And it made a ton of $$

Agree with all of that. So much so it's a little scary...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Justice League

Saw it last night. Was it perfect? No, far from it. Still a lot of fun and enjoyed it. WB has to stay out of the way and let the directors do their jobs. The Prez of DC Movies mandating that they bring the runtime of JL in under 2 hours was crap. It needed an extra 20-30 minutes to build up the new characters being introduced and to not make the story so jammed tight. I love comics, always have. The opening with Batman was straight out of the comics. The scene from the trailers were Wonder Woman busts through the door to face off the antagonists with hostages actually gave me goose bumps. Steppenwolf was the wrong villain. They should have went all in and brought out Darkseid. Last battle scene was pretty cool seeing ALL of them work as team. Will be going again tonight. I’d give it a 7 out of 10. Should have been better, but worth watching on the big screen.

What baffles me is that they brought in Joss Wheddon after Snyder had to drop out for personal reasons and it still appears to be a mess. I have to remember that there were similar reviews for Batman vs Superman and I liked the movie. And it made a ton of $$

When you have been sleeping in bed of crap for years (since man of steel right?) hard to right the ship midstream. Bringing in Whedon and not scrapping everything other than say Wonder Woman (which I really liked and seems to be very positively received overall) they are going to be stuck with Snyder's vision for quite a while.

Saw it last night. Was it perfect? No, far from it. Still a lot of fun and enjoyed it. WB has to stay out of the way and let the directors do their jobs. The Prez of DC Movies mandating that they bring the runtime of JL in under 2 hours was crap. It needed an extra 20-30 minutes to build up the new characters being introduced and to not make the story so jammed tight. I love comics, always have. The opening with Batman was straight out of the comics. The scene from the trailers were Wonder Woman busts through the door to face off the antagonists with hostages actually gave me goose bumps. Steppenwolf was the wrong villain. They should have went all in and brought out Darkseid. Last battle scene was pretty cool seeing ALL of them work as team. Will be going again tonight. I’d give it a 7 out of 10. Should have been better, but worth watching on the big screen.

This is where the marvel movies are hurting DC. Instead of going Darkseid, they are trying to slow play him (the same way Marvel is doing with Thanos) and utilize lesser villians from the comics to bring the team together, then needing all of them to battle Darkseid when he finally shows in a few years in the next JL movie. I get it, but they are reacting instead of doing their own thing.

I also get why WB would tell them they needed to trim down the movies, Snyder's movies in the past have been way too long. I understand letting the artist run the show, but not when that guy is Snyder.

You guys are far more into this than I am. I just want to see some cool special effects, superhero’s fighting, descent character development and a solid end battle.

It's just become popular to bash DC. Our negative, cynical, internet culture likes to pile onto things and it just becomes popular. I enjoyed B vs S and the Superman movie before that. Were there things wrong with the movies? Yes but people act like those movies are as bad as the super mario movie from way back when. The movies are not that bad, bashing them and call them crap is "in" now.

I get where Scrap is coming from but if you've read comics for years you have an idea how they should look on the screen. Somehow Marvel does a far better job of giving me the vision I had in my head. In fairness, I felt the same way about most of The Dark Knight series and Wonder Woman.
I am going to see it because I just thing they are fun as heck too.

It's just become popular to bash DC. Our negative, cynical, internet culture likes to pile onto things and it just becomes popular. I enjoyed B vs S and the Superman movie before that. Were there things wrong with the movies? Yes but people act like those movies are as bad as the super mario movie from way back when. The movies are not that bad, bashing them and call them crap is "in" now.

I mentioned that earlier that compared to say 20 years ago (lets call it BIM: Before Iron Man) that comic book movies were for the most part pretty bad. The Spiderman movies with Raimi were a big step in the right direction and the X-Men Movies (particularly X2) were another big step forward. Then Iron Man came and the MCU really changed the game.

Batman had a huge resurgence with Nolan's Trilogy and I think is partly responsible for why DC universe is just not very fun. they had huge critical and commercial success with a very serious and dark series of movies, so I think they tried to carry that over to their crack at assembling a full blown universe like Marvel did.

I found both movies you mention to be just awful. I have yet to watch all of Man of Steel because it was slow, dark and boring as hell. BvS I made it through but there was enough action to keep my attention. Suicide Squad was more enjoyable than both of those movies to me, as it was trying to have some fun with it, but overall it was not a good movie. Wonder Woman was wonderful (pun intended) and I was hoping that they would follow a bit more of the tone in that movie.

Will see when I actually make it to the movies for this one, but when you say "these aren't that bad" that isn't saying it is good... they are no toxic Avenger and I will take any of the MCU movies over any current DC movie outside of Wonder Woman (even Iron Man 2 which was not good).

I like the darker tone to provide me with some variety. People say they want the lighter marvel tone, well then just go see a marvel movie. I'm fine with the DC Murderverse to mix it up and then when I want brighter, lighter action I go watch Marvel.

My expectations were low and I was pleasantly surprised...and I'd be okay with it being 30 minutes longer.

I saw it. I enjoyed it. Painful reminder that Batman is just a guy in a suit. And no matter what story they decide, there is always that get out of jail free card.

Last edited:
Saw it tonight. Fell asleep a couple of times. Typical DC movie. Haven’t had a truly great one since the Dark Knight series.

Such a shame. Superman and Batman are my favorite superheroes but the Marvel movies are so well done that the heroes in those movies have now overtaken those two. Had no idea who the villain was in this movie and he was boring.

I’d rate the movie 6.5 out of 10. Make sure you stay until the end credits.

Justice League

Oh and I enjoyed Batman vs Superman a lot more than this one. And I made a mistake when I said no good DC movies. I loved Wonder Woman.

I haven’t seen it yet but Wonder Woman last year was great. I think they can really have something with Aquaman if they get it right. I saw Nolan’s The Dark Knight again for the 5th or 6th time this past weekend and you forget how incredible that trilogy was. It’s a shame they never continued with the Robin story especially with how the 3rd one ended. Snyder is a visionary and you do feel like you are seeing a living comic book. Even if the new one is meh, I remind myself that I am not too far away from being the amazed kid playing Atari and reading comic books and now the new movies make all of that come to life and more!

Thought the movie was kind of cheesy. I would also have enjoyed a darker and dramatic tone, personally. This is makes DC different and possibly better than Marvel

It was still an enjoyable film. I wouldn't say this is something that you have to see in theater.

I haven’t seen it yet but Wonder Woman last year was great. I think they can really have something with Aquaman if they get it right. I saw Nolan’s The Dark Knight again for the 5th or 6th time this past weekend and you forget how incredible that trilogy was. It’s a shame they never continued with the Robin story especially with how the 3rd one ended. Snyder is a visionary and you do feel like you are seeing a living comic book. Even if the new one is meh, I remind myself that I am not too far away from being the amazed kid playing Atari and reading comic books and now the new movies make all of that come to life and more!

I think Nolan purposely kept the extended DC universe out of the Dark Knight trilogy. He wants to keep things as practical as possible. It's hard to explain mother boxes, boom tubes, and galactic alien invaders. The way Marvel has done that worked with the first Avengers movie.

I got what I wanted. I liked it, fun movie.

I was pretty bummed when I saw that bad reviews that the movie got because Wonder Woman was pretty good. Looks like JL will be an on-demand or Redbox movie for me. It doesnt help JL either that the new Thor movie is so good.

Back