Toughest putting distance for you?

Toughest putting distance for you?

• 1-3 (Those Nasty Short Ones)

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • 4-9 (So close, but so far)

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • 10-15 (Need a 2 putt or better)

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • 16+ (Getting the right speed is tough!!)

Votes: 11 28.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dhartmann34

Reaction score
Handicap
I was just hitting some balls on my birdie ball and thinking about where I struggle in terms of putting because obviously I want to practice those to make sure that I can keep those issues to a minimum and allow myself the opportunity to complete the goals I've set for myself in 2018.

What putting distance is the hardest for you? What is difficult for you?(Besides the fact that you miss it) Why do you think that is?

I think for me it's the 10-15 foot range. While I know I can make them, I can get a bit overly aggressive and give myself 3-5 ft left to make after them after the initial putt....and
while I'm not bad at 3-5 footers, it would be extremely nice to have less than a foot left for par, or whatever that next stroke is for.

10 to 15 foot for me. I just try to lag to a two foot circle.

A lot of this depends on green speed for me, really fast greens can give me fits sometimes. I have missed my share of 3 footers by over thinking the putt. Generally I would say the longer 16+ footers give me the biggest headache.

3' to 4'

They tend to add tension and I dont feel any outside of that range nor inside.

I know it's because I expect to make it but am aware of my past misses.

I've been trying to improve my lags on the long ones all season. A high moi putter helped me, but I lost feel on the short ones which is my strength. Hopefully I just found my answer in a Seemore.

3-4 feet for me. It's been frustrating as h*ll the last two seasons.

5 and 40+ feet

I know that I should make the 5 footers so I stress myself out and get tight and some days I just have no distance control on the longer putts.

Not a good lag putter at all. 16+. Will be on the practice green tomorrow working on all distances.

I went with 4-9 feet. Ones you really feel you should make but don't make them many times.

Before this year it was long putts. I made a bunch this year (a lot more than normal), but more important, I cut out so many three putts from outside 40 feet.

None of those really. I would say 50 feet + as my home course has small greens and I rarely practice those or get a chance so I end up with a 6-8 footer from outside 50 feet a bit too often.

I’m good at lag putting. But average 8 putts in the 8-12 foot range. And am lucky to make one. Just feel like I should make a few.

Went with 4 - 9 feet. I don't make nearly as many of them as I should. Never seem to be comfortable that I picked the right line. I tend to over read the break from that distance.

I don't really struggle from any particular distance but for me anything that moves left to right causes my percentages to drop.
I wish I made more 10-15 footers but I wouldn't say I struggle there either.

I’m good at lag putting. But average 8 putts in the 8-12 foot range. And am lucky to make one. Just feel like I should make a few.
Yeah making a couple of these during a round always gives me a bit of confidence and energy.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

4-9 feet. I feel like I should make more 5 footers than I do.

Like a 6 footer... not that I'm great inside of that, but it seems like the odds disproportionately shift out of my favor starting there

3-5 feet for me. I miss more than I should.

> the leather

3 to 4 feet: pressure putts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 to 9 feet for me.....I prefer the 10 to 15 footers!!

3' to 4'

They tend to add tension and I dont feel any outside of that range nor inside.

I know it's because I expect to make it but am aware of my past misses.

This, exactly. Inside of that I “know” it’s going in. Outside of 5-6 feet, I’m still trying to make it obviously, but not stressed about missing. Those 3-4 footers make me tighten up too often, and I pull them just a little.

10-15 ft for me and it is all mental. I find myself thinking.."well, this is two putt range".

For me its long putts. I feel like I should be able to lag them to 2-3 feet and hate when I blow it way by or leave it really short and end of 3 putting.

4 - 9 footers if I had to choose.

I don't make enough of them to salvage par's or make them when needed to for birdie on a consistent basis.

But the "B" player always makes them. Give me a practice putt first, then I'm golden.

Back