THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

Quick question for all the hopefuls will getting information about format, signups or any other details change your preparation for this event?

Nope not a bit. I figure get the game in shape and the rest will take care of itself.

First post updated.

Let me say one thing here and we dont think it will be an issue (has not ever before in THP Events) about sandbagging. Being that it is a team event and handicaps are in play, but focused down due to structure of the formats, we dont suspect much will matter in this regard. However if it comes up known that there was something at play with regards to altered handicaps, you will not be invited back to another THP Event in the future and you could cost your team points.

Here here!

I don't like that it must be said, but it had to be said.

Ok, another week before actual entry which means lots more trash talk!!

This will be epic!

Ok, another week before actual entry which means lots more trash talk!!

I would never do such a thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great to see all the details finally be revealed! Good luck to all trying to get in this awesome event.

For those on TapaTalk that may not see the updated information:

Recently THP announced a new event series called Regional Rivalry and the first two that went up were Ohio vs Michigan and NY/NJ vs New England. If you missed that news, you can read about each of those in their respective threads, but today we are proud to announce the continuation with this showdown of rivals.

It will be held in either DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas
8 Golfers from each region (including a captain)
27-36 Holes on Saturday
Dinner after golf
Trophy Presentation
THP Hall of Fame chance
Regional Rivalry exclusive SWAG & Prizes
And so much more.

This thread will serve as the official thread for this event and all of the updates will be in the first post. Over the next few weeks, the information will be coming fast and furious, so stay tuned to this thread for all of the details.

When & Where
July 9th, 2016
Royal New Kent
Providence Forge, VA
http://www.royalnewkent.com/

Getting In
Getting to be a part of Regional Rivalry will be by open signup. As long as someone currently lives in one of the two states at the time of signup, and are a 2016 Albatross Club member, they can signup for the event. If you are not, and want information on how to join and help support the Humane Society shelters and animals in need, click here.

Amazing MVP Trip
See this link for something special about this event as the MVP from the winning team is going to win the trip of a lifetime.
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/fo...By-True-Temper

Captains
Team Carolinas - lightning44
Team DC/VA/MD - T2GRN

Cost & Itinerary
Cost - $129
Must Arrive 30 minutes before tee time to go over rules
1st Tee Time - 8am
FlightScope time to demo clubs if people want it (although that is early)
Begin 4 Nine Hole Matches - 1 point available per 9 hole win per team
After Matches Dinner at a local restaurant we selected w/ prix fixe menu w/ trophy ceremony (if you plan on signing up, please do not be the person that plays & then leaves before dinner)
MVP will be announced at the THP Dinner afterwards and will involve every person in the event (and a panel following along on the forum) casting a vote.
At the time of selection, a $50 non refundable deposit will be due to hold your spot with the remaining balance due 45 days from start of the event.

Signing Up
On Monday February 15th, a new thread will appear on the THP Forum for signing up for this event. It will list some pretty straight forward information about the event and tell you the details necessary (all are out). Signing up will involve 3 things, but only 2 are a necessity, the 3rd is a bonus entry.
1. Sending an email in to THP (most likely contests at thehackersparadise.com) (this will have necessary info in it)
2. Starting a new thread on THP about golf, clubs or anything golf related
3. Bonus entry - Sending a tweet on Twitter about this event with a link to this thread and including @THPGolf @TrueTemperGolf and #THPRegionalRivalry

Then you will come back later (or never leave) when we announce the lucky THPers that get in via signups. Four golfers will be selected out of this endeavor leaving three open spots available for the captains to make their selections. Then there will be a 2 week count down in which the captains will have to turn the remaining players of the team into THP for the second announcement for the team to be complete.

Formats
Match 1 - Teams & Opponents Stay Together for all 18
Front 9 - Shamble
Back 9 - Modified Pinehurst

Match 2 - Teams & Opponents Stay Together for all 18
Front 9 - Best Ball (4 ball)
Back 9 - Alternate Shot

Matchups will be announced before the event date.
If you are not in the event, you are welcome to come out to the range prior to the guys going off and cheer the team on, and if space permits, join the fun at the dinner afterwards (there will be some costs for that) to enjoy the event celebration.

Sweet one more week till announcements. I like that signups will be slightly different for this, good luck to all the hopefuls trying to get in!

You've got a week to think about a thread you'd like to start. Hopefully those threads will stimulate thought, growth, and good conversation.

For those on TapaTalk that may not see the updated information:

Recently THP announced a new event series called Regional Rivalry and the first two that went up were Ohio vs Michigan and NY/NJ vs New England. If you missed that news, you can read about each of those in their respective threads, but today we are proud to announce the continuation with this showdown of rivals.

It will be held in either DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas
8 Golfers from each region (including a captain)
27-36 Holes on Saturday
Dinner after golf
Trophy Presentation
THP Hall of Fame chance
Regional Rivalry exclusive SWAG & Prizes
And so much more.

This thread will serve as the official thread for this event and all of the updates will be in the first post. Over the next few weeks, the information will be coming fast and furious, so stay tuned to this thread for all of the details.

When & Where
July 9th, 2016
Royal New Kent
Providence Forge, VA
http://www.royalnewkent.com/

Getting In
Getting to be a part of Regional Rivalry will be by open signup. As long as someone currently lives in one of the two states at the time of signup, and are a 2016 Albatross Club member, they can signup for the event. If you are not, and want information on how to join and help support the Humane Society shelters and animals in need, click here.

Amazing MVP Trip
See this link for something special about this event as the MVP from the winning team is going to win the trip of a lifetime.
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/fo...By-True-Temper

Captains
Team Carolinas - lightning44
Team DC/VA/MD - T2GRN

Cost & Itinerary
Cost - $129
Must Arrive 30 minutes before tee time to go over rules
1st Tee Time - 8am
FlightScope time to demo clubs if people want it (although that is early)
Begin 4 Nine Hole Matches - 1 point available per 9 hole win per team
After Matches Dinner at a local restaurant we selected w/ prix fixe menu w/ trophy ceremony (if you plan on signing up, please do not be the person that plays & then leaves before dinner)
MVP will be announced at the THP Dinner afterwards and will involve every person in the event (and a panel following along on the forum) casting a vote.
At the time of selection, a $50 non refundable deposit will be due to hold your spot with the remaining balance due 45 days from start of the event.

Signing Up
On Monday February 15th, a new thread will appear on the THP Forum for signing up for this event. It will list some pretty straight forward information about the event and tell you the details necessary (all are out). Signing up will involve 3 things, but only 2 are a necessity, the 3rd is a bonus entry.
1. Sending an email in to THP (most likely contests at thehackersparadise.com) (this will have necessary info in it)
2. Starting a new thread on THP about golf, clubs or anything golf related
3. Bonus entry - Sending a tweet on Twitter about this event with a link to this thread and including @THPGolf @TrueTemperGolf and #THPRegionalRivalry

Then you will come back later (or never leave) when we announce the lucky THPers that get in via signups. Four golfers will be selected out of this endeavor leaving three open spots available for the captains to make their selections. Then there will be a 2 week count down in which the captains will have to turn the remaining players of the team into THP for the second announcement for the team to be complete.

Formats
Match 1 - Teams & Opponents Stay Together for all 18
Front 9 - Shamble
Back 9 - Modified Pinehurst

Match 2 - Teams & Opponents Stay Together for all 18
Front 9 - Best Ball (4 ball)
Back 9 - Alternate Shot

Matchups will be announced before the event date.
If you are not in the event, you are welcome to come out to the range prior to the guys going off and cheer the team on, and if space permits, join the fun at the dinner afterwards (there will be some costs for that) to enjoy the event celebration.
Yes yes this is perfect

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Love the signup process and the formats. Next week is going to be fun

Two weeks between THP picks and Captains picks. Plenty of time for bribery to work. :). Kidding....kind of

The modified Pinehurst format is a blast and can produce some very interesting results!!! It's a good choice!

Breakfast and great news! This is amazing. Already contemplating my thread.

Two weeks between THP picks and Captains picks. Plenty of time for bribery to work. :). Kidding....kind of

Do I see a good bottle of some beverage shall we say in your future??? (I wish it was that easy!!

excited to hear more details come out. Looking forward to next Monday and the signup process.

Do I see a good bottle of some beverage shall we say in your future??? (I wish it was that easy!!

They do say the way to the heart is through the stomach. Now to find an address to send a goodie bag :)

Thanks for posting the update inline and can't wait to see al the new threads!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Formats look like they will be fun!

Going to be a good contest and lots of content for people to read and discuss on the 15th. Could set some kind of record for threads being started.

I love the formats! A different one on each 9 really changes things up. Or confuses some ... I don't know which. LOL

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back