Chromesoft vs Chromesoft X

Franklin51

On the Verge
Reaction score
Handicap
Quick question since they are clearanced out. Love the Chromesoft and way to far back played the X. What differences did you guys see in the two? I know I absolutely kill the regular Chromesoft.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

If you kill the regular Chromesoft I’d probably stick with that ball.

The X is a tiny bit firmer and flies a hair lower (peak height) for me. It’s also a bit easier to curve with the irons. If you’re doing that intentionally it’s great, but if you’re not... it’s not.

I love the X, but if the regular one is working for you I’d say stick with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I prefer the X but if you absolutely kill the regular I’d be hesitant to switch.

I know it is all subjective, but I just prefer the feel of the X, although I would be quite happy to play the normal 2-dot Chromesoft if I couldn't get hold of the X for whatever reason

Yesterday I did play the original Chromesoft and the 2-dot version for a couple holes (in cold conditions) and still enjoyed hitting them

X will spin more.

I think both balls are very good. I can't discern a noticeable difference between the two so I play whichever one is less expensive at the time or is handy.

I prefer the regular Chrome Soft, but that is simply because I prefer a softer golf ball. That is the main difference I noticed is that the X felt a bit more firm.

X will spin more.

This my experience as well - "X" has more spin off the Driver and more Spin on the Short Game

I prefer the feel of the "X" a tad more... and I can get it to really check up on command around the little greenside chips. The X is a performer!

This my experience as well - "X" has more spin off the Driver and more Spin on the Short Game

Ideal world I’d play chromesoft off the tee and X from everywhere else

Ideal world I’d play chromesoft off the tee and X from everywhere else
Total agree - Maybe a new one is coming that is the combination of both.

Back