DB86

Reaction score
Handicap
Has anyone ever ran into “that guy” on the course? I know there are many of “that guy” out there for one reason or another, but I’m going to focus on one or two. Im not speaking of anyone in particular but I may have been paired with him a time or two. Now don’t get me wrong he was a nice guy, just had all types of excuses for his new clubs that he had to get since he hadn’t played in a while. He used to play blades...so he tells us all about these new clubs (expensive ones) and how he got these new shafts because he couldn’t swing like he used to etc etc. fast forward two or three holes in, I ask him if he got fitted for the new clubs and he says “nah never been fitted I just know what all my specs are” to which I turn and roll my eyes where he can’t see. Now to be honest this was a loaded question (or at least I was hoping so) because every shot with irons and driver went no more than 10 yards off the ground and he seemed to be making decent contact. Each and every time the trigger was pulled and he let a bullet fly it was followed by a loud “TOE” or “HEEL” or a few others with explicatives. Now I don’t know if he was trying to convince us or himself more but I hope he figures out that his specs probably aren’t what he thinks they are, because his golf game is suffering badly from these shafts.

Sorry for the rambling.

Do not worry, everyone has "that guy" in their life in one ay or another. Usually these people "knoweverything" and nothing you say will make a difference. You are trying to help, but they know everything and nothing you offer will matter. Just try not to get paired with him again and enjoy your golf.

It's not just on the golf course. Somebody once said, "I'm not young enough to know everything."

Back