Mizuno MP18 MMC and MMC FLI Hi Irons Review Thread

awesome! 50 on Friday? Wonder if I can get out your way and we can both get our MP18 on?! Hope you are able to get them out, really looking forward to your thoughts.

I haven't been this excited about irons in a very long time. Couldn't believe the numbers I was getting and was literally 600 cheaper than the other set I wanted because of the no upcharge shafts/grips

I haven't been this excited about irons in a very long time. Couldn't believe the numbers I was getting and was literally 600 cheaper than the other set I wanted because of the no upcharge shafts/grips

what combo of shaft and grips did you end up with? I love that they do that.

what combo of shaft and grips did you end up with? I love that they do that.

Ended up with c taper lite xstiff with golf pride align grips

Nice pickup!

I vote Dean needs to game these this year.

Ended up with c taper lite xstiff with golf pride align grips

When I did a shaft optimizer with them I got c taper lite and I would have done the same grips.

Nice pickup!

I vote Dean needs to game these this year.

Right NOW, it's looking that way. Although I do have my eye on those new PINGs

When I did a shaft optimizer with them I got c taper lite and I would have done the same grips.

I approve of both. You need Mizuno or PING in the bag, add SeeMore back in and all might become right in the world again.

Pings are nice but the MMC are stupid easy to hit for their profile. Pretty impressive really.

Pings are nice but the MMC are stupid easy to hit for their profile. Pretty impressive really.

they absolutely are. And they actually feel good, unlike the 900 Forged.

So I’ve grown to dislike my UDI...half the time it’s great, the other it’s a knuckle hook.

Thinking of making a move after hitting a FLI Hi 18 pretty well but didn’t gain much over my 18 degree 3 iron.

Haven’t been successful finding a 16.5 FLI Hi but thinking a 18 bent to 17 with a 1/2 longer shaft might be the way to go.

Thoughts anyone?

So I’ve grown to dislike my UDI...half the time it’s great, the other it’s a knuckle hook.

Thinking of making a move after hitting a FLI Hi 18 pretty well but didn’t gain much over my 18 degree 3 iron.

Haven’t been successful finding a 16.5 FLI Hi but thinking a 18 bent to 17 with a 1/2 longer shaft might be the way to go.

Thoughts anyone?

Have never played the udi. But the fli hi is silly easy to hit and feel is great. If you need elevation help the tmbs seemed to launch higher but the fli hi have a nice penetrating flight for me.

Anyone got the fli-hi, MMC mixed set with recoil 95s? titleist is too proud of the AP3s with recoils.

Anyone got the fli-hi, MMC mixed set with recoil 95s? titleist is too proud of the AP3s with recoils.

i did a 900 hot metal and forged combo with the recoils. Modus 105 for this set.

I have the set with different shafts. My shafts are upcharge through Titleist as well as the grips. Saved me a ton of money and honestly I had better numbers with the Mizunos.

If you'd told me last year at this time that in a year I'd be playing 4, 5, 6 Fli-Hi's instead of hybrids I'd have called you a liar.

If you then showed me the flight and distance, I would have demanded them in-hand right then.

If you'd told me last year at this time that in a year I'd be playing 4, 5, 6 Fli-Hi's instead of hybrids I'd have called you a liar.

If you then showed me the flight and distance, I would have demanded them in-hand right then.

I gave up on my 4 iron 4-5 years ago. I don't like my 5 iron.
These Hi-fli are ridiculously easy to hit. At GG their demos had Nippon 120 S in these and I was ripping the 4 iron 182 carry of the mat.
I don't do this with hybrid. Now it could have been a bad monitor, but it has me thinking of getting 4-6 and then figuring out 7-PW. I don't need to stay in brand.
But I need to hit the Apex UT for comparison still.

I hit some shots with the 4 fli hi low on the face and was very impressed with the results. Still got in the air and held its line. Was short but not damaging short.

I hit some shots with the 4 fli hi low on the face and was very impressed with the results. Still got in the air and held its line. Was short but not damaging short.

Yeah the Fli Hi is no joke, and I'm starting to enjoy my MMC 5i even more. These versions of the MP-18 are just rock solid clubs!

These are the most consistent long irons I have ever played. Hold there line unbelievably well even on miss hits. Mizuno has great lineup this year.

This is gonna be fun.

df6e86bad2140b41d149205d7cc43132.jpg

a497486465fa20938c74efb598042cef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These are the most consistent long irons I have ever played. Hold there line unbelievably well even on miss hits. Mizuno has great lineup this year.
Yup, and super under the radar around these parts for whatever reason.

Today will be my first round out with the 2i. Think I may just leave driver in car and hit this all day. It's gonna be chilly with winds 10-20 so could see this being an asset into the wind especially.

Today will be my first round out with the 2i. Think I may just leave driver in car and hit this all day. It's gonna be chilly with winds 10-20 so could see this being an asset into the wind especially.

Howd it go meng!

Howd it go meng!

It went really well all things considered. Temp was low 40's at tee off and didn't really get any warmer....then had winds 10-20 all day. I couldn't find the center of the face off the tee until hole 9 but was still hitting fairways with mostly toe misses. On the 9th I finally found the center and saw what this could do for me. Total yardage was 230 on that strike and did the same on the back 9 a few times. I've been fighting my hybrids so was thinking of getting these in 3&4 but wasn't sure how well I would hit them off the deck. On the 13th hole (par 5), I hit a really good 2i off the tee then had 238 middle of green. Decided to hit the 2i off the deck and flushed it, coming up around 20 yards short of the green.

Summary: easy to hit off tee and misses aren't as penal (for me) as a hybrid. When missing the 2i the penalty was a loss of distance but still keeping ball in play in front of me (10/14 today off tee with it which helped to hit 9/18 GIR where I'm normally 4-5 per round). Surprisingly easy to hit off deck although I don't envision myself hitting 2i off deck much at all. Impressed enough to come home and order the 3 & 4 which will be in the bag for next weekend.

Alright I'm back in the hard ponder of a combo set of these. I'm thinking 5 and 6 iron in the Fli Hi and the rest SC. For those of you that have done a combo set how many degrees did you get the Fli Hi bent to get some consistency in distances?

Back