Mizuno MP18 MMC and MMC FLI Hi Irons Review Thread

Its Mizuno or PING, Dean. Mizuno or PING.

I like both of those options. However there is a thought that is running through my head about getting fit for and committing to a single length setup for the season.

I like both of those options. However there is a thought that is running through my head about getting fit for and committing to a single length setup for the season.

You should get your Club Champion on, and take pics of all that data for us.

Other than them trying to set all your clubs to 9* open for you.

Come on now, that Mizzy driver was only like 4.5° open. Aint no thang

Come on now, that Mizzy driver was only like 4.5° open. Aint no thang

I remember going from excited to try it, to not wanting to try it because I'd kill the guys standing right of me on the teebox.

I remember going from excited to try it, to not wanting to try it because I'd kill the guys standing right of me on the teebox.

think about the craziness. Was set to 8.5° and was like 4.5 open. Almost like playing a 4° driver haha

I just bought the 5 & 6 fli-hi’s and put them into my JPX 900 Tour set. Very happy with the results.

7-P mmc and 4-6 fli hi firmly in the bag with recoil 95 f3. Never had long irons this good.

I’d say not particularly forgiving in the hit it all over the face sense, but certainly lots of feedback and good shots are rewarded. Bad shots are playable, but it’s a different kind of forgiveness than the jpx series. More pin high and left than short and right with jpx. jpx has let me not stay with the shot a little too much.

The soles are funny with the combo. Wider 8 and 9 than 7 then wider again with the 6. At my hcp a fli hi 7 would be a good club. They should make a full set and fully replace the MP 5 imho. Still I hit the 7 nicely and it is better than my jpx 7. I’m a short hitter and 7 is a 145-155 club for me.

The mmc pw and my 48 vokey are not friends. May need to go 50/54/60. Been playing 48/54/60 a long time. I was able to go 40/45/48 without any trouble. 41/48 or 41/46/48 are not a good progression.

Decided to dump my Fli-hi 4 and 5 on ebay. The Ctapers were not the right shaft for me in those heads, even though i play the tapers in my MP5s. They made the Fli-Hi feel poorly for me and i wasn’t hitting them quite as high as I’d prefer. Once i sell them, I may consider trying again but with different shafts. PX or LZ next time maybe.

Took a 3 and 4 iron out today in the Fli Hi. Consider me impressed.

How's the sole on the fli-hi's? I've got some u45's that I wanted to blend with my 545's, but the sole looks geared towards a sweeper. I like a blunted leading edge or some version of the v-sole. From what I have seen from address shots, these look amazing. If the sole is good I would like to pick one up.

How's the sole on the fli-hi's? I've got some u45's that I wanted to blend with my 545's, but the sole looks geared towards a sweeper. I like a blunted leading edge or some version of the v-sole. From what I have seen from address shots, these look amazing. If the sole is good I would like to pick one up.

Here’s a pic of the sole of my Fli Hi 4i.

63040a152032ff1eae4152ad1bc9fe6c.jpg

The Fli-Hi continue to be a lot of fun. Was working 5i knockdowns yesterday in the wind and man the ease and predictability made me smile. Plus, they don't have that harsh or clicky feeling that so many clubs of this profile do.

I may or may not have picked up the 3-4-5 irons in the Fli Hi.

I see you.

You also may or may not end up PUMMELING them.

I hit the 3-iron 240 yards on Sunday. Does that count?

I may or may not have picked up the 3-4-5 irons in the Fli Hi.

If I don't move to PING, I'm adding at least a 5 in the Fli Hi. Stupid club.

I hit the 3-iron 240 yards on Sunday. Does that count?

Hell yes it does. The thing that keeps getting me is how damn effortless they can be to hit high and long. THe 6i is redonkulous for me at times.

If I don't move to PING, I'm adding at least a 5 in the Fli Hi. Stupid club.

You should try it with a PX 6.5 shaft.

:alien:

You should try it with a PX 6.5 shaft.

:alien:

The only thing that would stop me from doing that is that I hate the feel of PX iron shafts.

The only thing that would stop me from doing that is that I hate the feel of PX iron shafts.

I hate the feel.

What I dont hate is the numbers.

I hate the feel.

What I dont hate is the numbers.

no forearm/elbow pain means I don't care what the numbers tell me. Even though I've been thrown in to those irons for several fittings. Just can't do it. Give me KBS Tour any day.

Back