Mizuno MP18 MMC and MMC FLI Hi Irons Review Thread

no forearm/elbow pain means I don't care what the numbers tell me. Even though I've been thrown in to those irons for several fittings. Just can't do it. Give me KBS Tour any day.

You need Nippon.

no forearm/elbow pain means I don't care what the numbers tell me. Even though I've been thrown in to those irons for several fittings. Just can't do it. Give me KBS Tour any day.

I figure I got a good 2-3 years left in this shell before I start needing some help. Gonna enjoy my #internetgolfer status a bit longer.

I figure I got a good 2-3 years left in this shell before I start needing some help. Gonna enjoy my #internetgolfer status a bit longer.

2-3 in real life, 7-10 in internet life.

Really hoping my Fli Hi 5i arrives this week. It’ll easily be one of the most used clubs in my bag!

Well, I’ve removed the 4 fli hi from my bag. The 5 and 6 remain and I smash them well. My instructor liked a t***y 818 21* better than the 4. I am about a 12 hcp with avg 80 mph 7i with 1.35 factor, 151 carry. Hope this info helps others set their bag. My 7-p are mmc and then I have vokeys 48/54/60. These clubs are the best Mizzys ever. I’ve had all the jpx sets thru 850 forged and Mx 23 and 25. I have recoils; 95 f3 1/2 over. RXS ball. Ymmv.

Really hoping my Fli Hi 5i arrives this week. It’ll easily be one of the most used clubs in my bag!

My switch to all MMC Fli-Hi long irons is complete with my 6 iron arriving today. I ordered it 2* weak so my gaps stay perfect. I kind of slept on the Fli-Hi irons at first, but they're so dang easy to hit!

My switch to all MMC Fli-Hi long irons is complete with my 6 iron arriving today. I ordered it 2* weak so my gaps stay perfect. I kind of slept on the Fli-Hi irons at first, but they're so dang easy to hit!

I need to get on adding the 5/6 to the bag. Although I keep toying with the idea of jumping to PING. But man I should just grab these two because they are so good.

I have all Fli-His for long irons. I actually looked at a tree today and said to myself (4 iron in hand), “I can clear that tree”. This is huge because my swing is so flat that I have trouble hitting the ball high

Sent from HTX

I need to get on adding the 5/6 to the bag. Although I keep toying with the idea of jumping to PING. But man I should just grab these two because they are so good.

The Fli Hi 5i is one of my favorite clubs and I'm hoping I feel the same way about the 6i! The 4i is easier to hit, but I tend to struggle with it more than the others. But it is a joy to hit when I do flush one!

So. F’ing. CLEAN!!!!

2f9f91308fd893692ae7d7f142330c75.jpg

Shot 80 from the blue tees at The Falls today with my MMC’s and S18 wedges in the bag. Such solid performers!

Hit an MMC 6 iron with a NS Pro Modus Tour X in it today on a sim and it feels so soft and pure...Mizuno feel is my first love

Last edited:
Made an eagle 2 from 167 yards with my Fli Hi 6i during the weekend so that thing ain't leaving the bag anytime soon!

Well now, I was able to hit the MMC P, 7i, and 5i today. Modus3 105S shaft. Brand new demo clubs. I peeled off the plastic before hitting. Clean really is a great descriptor.

The sound is little more clicky that I expected, but they had a nice precision feel. Conditions were a good test. I hit into a stiff breeze coming from 1 o'clock. I hit back to back with my i25's and distance was close with all 3 clubs. I found the 5i pleasantly easy to hit; it was my favorite club today. I can't imagine what the FliHi is like. Forgiveness is similar to the i25's but maybe a touch more harshness in the impact feel; outcomes were similar on my standard mishits. The big difference was dispersion and distance precision. I could hit the MP18's to the same spot over and over. I felt like I had laser control. I also didn't hook the 5i, something I do regularly with the i25 5i. My shots were straight or draws. Peak height was similar with both clubs, but I think the MP18's had a better shape getting there. It is worth noting the Modus 105 is a much better shaft for me than the CFS shafts in my Pings. Some of what I saw could be shaft. I also very much prefer the slightly heavier swing weight of the MP18's. My Pings are D0.

As a mid-handicap with modest playing experience, I don't want to get in over my head with clubs. I have no such fear with these. I would play these in a heartbeat and would likely start scoring better. I hit my current irons well but feel like I'm aiming for a zipcode. With these I could start thinking about street address. Very nice clubs. My fitting Friday just got a whole bunch more interesting.

edit: modus 120 stiff, not 105

IMG_2475.jpg

Last edited:
What are the rest of your clubs? Sc or Mb?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He's an SC guy.

I'm a crazy SC/MB combo guy. Haha

What are the rest of your clubs? Sc or Mb?

Yessir, now I'm 4-6 MMC Fli-Hi and 7-PW SC. When I'm not swinging like a jerk, the combo has worked well for me!

Yessir, now I'm 4-6 MMC Fli-Hi and 7-PW SC. When I'm not swinging like a jerk, the combo has worked well for me!

Ok. I just ordere 3-5 fli hi 6-8 sc and 9-pw blades. Nippon 120x. Pumped!

Nice, that's going to be a solid setup! The only tweak I had was ordering the MMC Fli-Hi 6i 2 degrees weak to maintain my gapping. And I love, love, LOVE Modus3 shafts! Hope the setup works out well for you!

You'll love them.

Back