Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know. I just don't know if I'm a "smooth swinger" like PX says is best suited for the yellow.

I'm hoping you go yellow so I can follow along with your testing. I can't find a demo yellow anywhere locally to see numbers so THP member review is what I'm looking for.

DB talks about the differences more in the recent Golf Industry Uncut radio episode with THP
Yep. I listened to it and it was great. Still "smooth swinger" leaves a lot for interpretation. And I have no problem saying the hzrdus yellow 6.5 is a stiff SOAB

Going to dinner to think this one over. Last shot I took with it this evening

3614a3e0c66d906350dbcfb72139fcb7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

263 carry? wow. if I had that I'd take all of 10 seconds to ponder and the next 30 minutes :banana:

263 carry? wow. if I had that I'd take all of 10 seconds to ponder and the next 30 minutes :banana:
He did pull the trigger. With those number he would not have stopped hearing me call him dumb until he bought it

He did pull the trigger. With those number he would not have stopped hearing me call him dumb until he bought it

Now that is what you call a true friend.

Yep. I listened to it and it was great. Still "smooth swinger" leaves a lot for interpretation. And I have no problem saying the hzrdus yellow 6.5 is a stiff SOAB
Speaking transitionally, you don't have a smooth transition, I'm just saying. Quick and fast.

Speaking transitionally, you don't have a smooth transition, I'm just saying. Quick and fast.
Perhaps, people say I've slowed my transition quite a bit. Regardless I'm enjoying the heck out of the yellow 6.5 right now. But I could easily game the black without issues

Perhaps, people say I've slowed my transition quite a bit. Regardless I'm enjoying the heck out of the yellow 6.5 right now. But I could easily game the black without issues
I wish I knew which one to go with. Black, yellow, red? No clue but I'm dying to try them out.

I wish I knew which one to go with. Black, yellow, red? No clue but I'm dying to try them out.
I know a guy in ohio that has yellow and black...

Really? I though you only had one speed:

FWIW I got really really similar numbers with the Hzrdus Black 6.0 75 as I did with the Rogue Silver 70. Hzrdus had a little less spin on average but the same launch. Granted, my swing generates some really goofy numbers so this might not translate for anyone.

Still pondering a new set of irons...
Cobra F6
or something from the Wilson line.

What confuses me, Bill Horcshel plays a yellow and I wouldn't call his transition smooth.

What confuses me, Bill Horcshel plays a yellow and I wouldn't call his transition smooth.
Perhaps it can accommodate a smoother swinger but it can definitely hold up to a more aggressive swing. While black is the one touted as designed for aggressive swings I don't think yellow should be dismissed right away. Definitely try both and get fit type deal here. Like I said both are awesome

Still pondering a new set of irons...
Cobra F6
or something from the Wilson line.

You would do some serious work with the Wilson F5's.

You would do some serious work with the Wilson F5's.

Disappointed I didn't hit Beags set on the range Sat. Got carried way and forgot all about them. Look amazing and they had graphite shafts. Darn it!!!

This isn't very exciting, but I'm pondering new grips. I've been playing the blue Golf Pride Niion grips for the past couple of years and really liked them, but they were discontinued by Golf Pride and I can't find them anywhere. I was at Golfsmith the other day and didn't really like anything that Golf Pride has out right now with the exception of the VDR; I've played those grips in the past and they were fine, but I didn't love them. So now I'm thinking Lamkin, either the UTX or the REL Ace 3Gen. I played the original REL 3Gen a few years ago and thought they got a little slick in humid conditions, but I've heard the ACE technology has improved the tackiness of that grip? I know there are a bunch of UTX fans on here, and I held one of those on an MD3 wedge the other day and liked it. I just don't want something like the NDMC grip, it's just too harsh on my hands. So those that have played the ACE 3Gen and the UTX, give me your input.

This isn't very exciting, but I'm pondering new grips. I've been playing the blue Golf Pride Niion grips for the past couple of years and really liked them, but they were discontinued by Golf Pride and I can't find them anywhere. I was at Golfsmith the other day and didn't really like anything that Golf Pride has out right now with the exception of the VDR; I've played those grips in the past and they were fine, but I didn't love them. So now I'm thinking Lamkin, either the UTX or the REL Ace 3Gen. I played the original REL 3Gen a few years ago and thought they got a little slick in humid conditions, but I've heard the ACE technology has improved the tackiness of that grip? I know there are a bunch of UTX fans on here, and I held one of those on an MD3 wedge the other day and liked it. I just don't want something like the NDMC grip, it's just too harsh on my hands. So those that have played the ACE 3Gen and the UTX, give me your input.
Ace 3gen is softer but utx feels better imo. I like corded grips though. I just regripped my clubs with utx wrap and they are really good. Not usually a fan of wrap grips but these for some reason feel great. 6.99 at pga store

Ace 3gen is softer but utx feels better imo. I like corded grips though. I just regripped my clubs with utx wrap and they are really good. Not usually a fan of wrap grips but these for some reason feel great. 6.99 at pga store
+1 on the UTx Wrap, great all around grip. It doesn't have the superb wet weather performance of the regular UTx but it's probably my favorite all around grip.

M2 driver and fairway wood (3 or 5 HL)
50* MD3 S
54* MD3 W

UTx grips for all my clubs and a Super Stroke mid slim 2.0 with counter core for the incoming White Hot RX V-Line Fang.

I like them both, but for me the UTx is the winner on my irons. I have them in midsize and the grip feels extremely comfortable in my hands, and the slightly bigger grip helps me not put a death grip on the club. I gamed UTx on all my clubs last summer and played in a lot of humid conditions and never had a problem with feel or slippage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back