Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons Review Thread

4aab520d337784da0cb1a2c2b63ae5b7.jpg

Thanks to a choke down PW from 125 I got my first hole in one with these.
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

Well, it's gonna be hard to top that! Awesome.

Well these bad boys came in today along with my wedges and it wasn't more than 30 mins before I was hitting them at the range. I'm so happy with the choices I made. While the 8-PW didn't feel awfully different than what I've been using, the CF irons were incredible. These are so forgiving it's unreal. Bottom groove 4 iron 215 dead straight? I'll take that any damn day of the week.

9bd1e4acb2c9b98d5475d845abaef2c1.jpg

Last edited:
Went and got fitted for these today. Hit a variety of irons included an updated model of my current AP2's, but nothing came close to the Apex irons. Felt great, far better than the AP2's and I never thought I'd here myself say that. Originally went in to see about graphite shafts. Tried about half a dozen different graphite shafts, including the recoils which seem to be fairly highly rated, but they just didn't do it for me. Ended up standard everything again, with the XP 95 shaft which feels a lot lighter than the dynamic gold shafts I currently use. Can't wait to start hitting these in anger.

Went and got fitted for these today. Hit a variety of irons included an updated model of my current AP2's, but nothing came close to the Apex irons. Felt great, far better than the AP2's and I never thought I'd here myself say that. Originally went in to see about graphite shafts. Tried about half a dozen different graphite shafts, including the recoils which seem to be fairly highly rated, but they just didn't do it for me. Ended up standard everything again, with the XP 95 shaft which feels a lot lighter than the dynamic gold shafts I currently use. Can't wait to start hitting these in anger.
#UpTheVilla

I'll be somewhat disappointed if these aren't in your bag the next time we play :D #badinfluence

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons Review Thread

I'll be somewhat disappointed if these aren't in your bag the next time we play :D #badinfluence

They won't be in Thursday mate, unless they are prepared to break up a full set, which I don't think they are.

#UpTheVilla

I think it's a safe bet to say it's #GoingDownVilla

Got out yesterday for 18 holes, second nine the greens thawed out enough to hold and felt really good to make full swings at greens with these again. Very forgiving with such great holding power, pretty addicting, can't wait for consistently thawed out ground and no more knockdown bump and run from 150 out toward frozen greens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never had a set of irons I've wanted to get out and play so bad. Everything about them has made the game so much fun again and it's really refreshing

I've never had a set of irons I've wanted to get out and play so bad. Everything about them has made the game so much fun again and it's really refreshing

I totally agree with you. The AW in this set is one of my favorite clubs, I have the SW in this set as well....I've never had a set of irons that gave me so much new club buzz...you going to get iron covers? It's amazing how nice they keep these irons, they are really soft and mark up in the trunk as they rattle around...just a thought...

They won't be in Thursday mate, unless they are prepared to break up a full set, which I don't think they are.

It's worth asking! I would ask Mike (short bearded manager) if they're willing to do it.

I totally agree with you. The AW in this set is one of my favorite clubs, I have the SW in this set as well....I've never had a set of irons that gave me so much new club buzz...you going to get iron covers? It's amazing how nice they keep these irons, they are really soft and mark up in the trunk as they rattle around...just a thought...

I've thought about it but just can't pull myself to make that purchase yet lol I never thought I would be that guy. If there's one club I would ponder adding to the bag it would be the set sand wedge and just see how it would be on full swings. I love the AW also and I'm pretty sure it's my favorite club in the set so usually if I have a distance that's a normal sand wedge I would just choke down on the AW and take a 3/4 swing

It's worth asking! I would ask Mike (short bearded manager) if they're willing to do it.

It was Mike I spoke to today. I got fitted by Jason. He spent the first 45 minutes trying to correct, what I believe are non existent, faults with my swing LOL.

It was Mike I spoke to today. I got fitted by Jason. He spent the first 45 minutes trying to correct, what I believe are non existent, faults with my swing LOL.

Ahhh, okay. Well you can hit mine on Thursday then :D

I've thought about it but just can't pull myself to make that purchase yet lol I never thought I would be that guy. If there's one club I would ponder adding to the bag it would be the set sand wedge and just see how it would be on full swings. I love the AW also and I'm pretty sure it's my favorite club in the set so usually if I have a distance that's a normal sand wedge I would just choke down on the AW and take a 3/4 swing

I love the SW for full swings and for long bunker shots, then I have a 58' MacDaddy for around the greens and shorter bunker shots. The SW is fantastic for short bump and runs...enjoy the clubs, I think they are the best looking irons in golf

I love the set SW since I usually use the SW for full swings or at most 3/4 swings. Really love the results, but my 58* PM grind lets me play around with all the other shots I might use a traditional SW for.

I love the SW for full swings and for long bunker shots, then I have a 58' MacDaddy for around the greens and shorter bunker shots. The SW is fantastic for short bump and runs...enjoy the clubs, I think they are the best looking irons in golf

I love the set SW since I usually use the SW for full swings or at most 3/4 swings. Really love the results, but my 58* PM grind lets me play around with all the other shots I might use a traditional SW for.

You guys need to stop. Seriously. Please stop. Haha!

Last edited:
You guys are killing me ! I ordered a set 3 weeks ago and according to our Callaway rep the heads were on back order :( I sit here quietly waiting while I live vicariously thru you guys !!

Had an issue with my shafts. Callaway rectified that and now with correctly fitted shafts. 1st round out was 74 on Sunday. 13 GIR, much better dispersion and a little lower flight. That with no more ballooning and these are are absolutely the best irons I've hit.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Got in a round today with these. First round in about 20 days and these just plain perform with me. I really love everything about them. Looks, sound just everything

My Apex CF 16 are in transit. I cannot wait to get them on the range

Had these irons on my mind lately. Going to go get fit with an open mind, but man these look good.

Currently, I play last year's Apex's that I purchased last month and really enjoy playing them. The past few weeks I have been in deep ponder mode in updating my current Apex's, especially concerning the distance / dispersion gains I've been reading about. Out of curiosity, I tested the CF16 7 iron against my 7 iron (monitor) last night and saw negligible differences which surprised me somewhat. I saw a slight decrease in spin but not much else. Dispersion, distance, etc. were almost identical. I would like to compare them on the range / course too. My irons have the x100's and the CF16 had the TT 95 steel (not sure that's the correct shaft name?). I'm not sure the shaft differences would make an impact? I hit my current set better than any irons I've played so I think I'll stay in a holding pattern of "ponder" for now. CPO has last year's Apex's for great prices and in terrific condition. I think anyone looking to purchase would not go wrong with either set. Food for thought.

You guys are killing me ! I ordered a set 3 weeks ago and according to our Callaway rep the heads were on back order :( I sit here quietly waiting while I live vicariously thru you guys !!

I don't under stand this, I custom ordered my set and the were delivered in 8 business days...

Dax

The Callaway rep at our course is let's say, not the most motivated sales guy I know.

Back