New Game Golf system

My last round of the season I tried to use my GG system and the issue I was having was pairing my unit to my phone. Had the Bluetooth on and everything, but it would never show up to pair. Is there any sort of trick to do it? And after I download the map for the course I am on and get it to pair, that is all I have to do right?
It's NFC tagging, bud, not BT. Turn on NFC tagging and mess with it in your living room to figure it out as it took me a few minutes at the course and was kind of frustrating. It also doesn't tag as fast as the belt-dongle thing does, in my experience.

What the...? I apologize, my bad for assuming they kept the NFC for the new system. It does kind of stink, so if they went BT, then hooray!

You do have the new Game Golf Live tags, correct? The old tags, the "Classic" version, only work NFC with the supplied belt-worn device.

You do have the new Game Golf Live tags, correct? The old tags, the "Classic" version, only work NFC with the supplied belt-worn device.
I believe I have the OG "Classic" Game Golf device. My issue was that I set up everything via the program you download on your computer, then I downloaded the app on my phone and downloaded the map for the coarse I was on. After I tagged all my clubs through one hole, nothing showed up when I looked on the app. Like none of the shots registered, am I doing something wrong?

I finally made it through a whole round using Game Golf and the tee boxes and par are wrong and the front and back nines are flipped. How good is their CS is getting this stuff changed?

I emailed them last night with the explanation of the course change and there was a response with the changes in my inbox this morning. They got it mostly right on the first try so hopefully I can get the rest sorted out pretty painlessly.

I thought the tags were exactly the same....their website even says to use the "Old tags as spares".....the bluetooth has nothing to do with the tags, it's just to connect the belt worn device to your phone for "live updates and distances".....you still have to wear the device and "tap" the tags......at least thats my understanding.

I thought the tags were exactly the same....their website even says to use the "Old tags as spares".....the bluetooth has nothing to do with the tags, it's just to connect the belt worn device to your phone for "live updates and distances".....you still have to wear the device and "tap" the tags......at least thats my understanding.

This is my understanding also.

I believe I have the OG "Classic" Game Golf device. My issue was that I set up everything via the program you download on your computer, then I downloaded the app on my phone and downloaded the map for the coarse I was on. After I tagged all my clubs through one hole, nothing showed up when I looked on the app. Like none of the shots registered, am I doing something wrong?

If you have the Classic Game golf device (older one) your shots will not show up on the app after you tag them to the device. You still have to completely finish the round and link the device to a computer with to upload the round.

Only with the new game golf system can you see the shots in real time on the app. You tag your shot to the device. The device is paired to your phone via Bluetooth, and the shots show up live.

The other setup is just using just the tags and phone app (no device), I'm not 100% sure how that setup works. Think NFC.

Anyone else find it really annoying that when on an iOS device Apple Maps is used, where as on a PC or Mac Google Maps are used? Apple maps arent up to date for my course, where as Google maps are... very annoying because I know I've hit a new bunker, but can't really edit the round on my phone because it doesnt appear have to wait until at a PC to ensure its 100% right.

Played my first round yesterday with Gamegolf live version I was very happy with it. It detected a few shots extra I'd taken but I edited it after my round as my phone battery died.
It's given me a new sense of purpose as the CONGU handicap system means I can only reduce my hcp during competition rounds. Where as now I can go play and try to cut my GameGolf hcp it makes playing a casual round less boring.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I've now had a chance to talk to Dave, one of the marketing guys for game golf and get his input for the new live system. It's very cool. Being able to track stats in real time is very simple, and works great. I'll have more input once I get it on the course for a proper round.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Just noticed that there is an option on the original one for strokes gained to be viewed for any and all rounds compared to only showing the last 10, might have changed a while ago but haven't used it in winter.

anyone seen this pretty neat addition to Game golf? They partnered with Golf Pride on this.

game2.jpg

What a great idea. Hopefully other grip manufactures will do something similar.

Only thing I would say is it was silly to put SW on it assuming that means sand wedge. I mean you should be able to just pair the grip with the right club in the app once they are all installed and from there it should pick up what club you are using.

Only thing I would say is it was silly to put SW on it assuming that means sand wedge. I mean you should be able to just pair the grip with the right club in the app once they are all installed and from there it should pick up what club you are using.

That's exactly how you do it.

Any tag can be anything and they have a few extras that are shapes.

Love the grips with the tags included!

That's exactly how you do it.
I understand. You know I think I am looking at these grips all wrong. It looks like it give you little spot to insert the sensor. I thought it would be coming with the sensor in place with each grip. I am an idiot, leaving a little gap to put your sensor in is a way better idea.

anyone seen this pretty neat addition to Game golf? They partnered with Golf Pride on this.

game2.jpg

I talked to a rep about it at the show. He said right now they are working on getting it down with GP first and getting it into a couple different grip options before branching out to any others, but he did say it wouldn't surprise him if they do it with others down the line.

I talked to a rep about it at the show. He said right now they are working on getting it down with GP first and getting it into a couple different grip options before branching out to any others, but he did say it wouldn't surprise him if they do it with others down the line.

So these were more or less prototypes then?

So these were more or less prototypes then?
I don't know if they are actual proto types but they are being installed in the Tour Velvet grips to begin with. So it is an established line of GP grips they are using to start, if that makes sense.

Good to know and thanks for sharing.

Right now it's exclusive to Golf Pride. Leading market share, especially on tour. I know as a Lamkin guy myself I was bummed, but to them it's a coup to get an exclusive partnership with the leading grip manufacturer.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Back