The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard a "ping" noise on the way home cruising down the freeway at 75. Made for a very uncomfortable ride until I could get somewhere that I felt safe to stop and have a look. I didn't see anything so maybe it was just a rock but I'm not so sure.

Working on a surgical light, and a Doctor and her Nurse husband start ripping me about this and That....
I calmly explain how I have to get this done in a certain way... They disagree like they know anything anyway...

Then I get the finger point! YOU WILL DO THIS... And you WILL DO this....
And that they are Doctors and make "X" per year....

I don't give two...
NOT impressed.

Guess I'll find something else to do for awhile.

Oh. No. That's a big NO-NO. I'm glad you handled it well, cuz I know Michigan Hulk could've been ugly. Time to golf tomorrow!?

Oh. No. That's a big NO-NO. I'm glad you handled it well, cuz I know Michigan Hulk could've been ugly. Time to golf tomorrow!?

Not a Chance... For golf tomorrow....
3:00 am wake up call tomorrow

when I shop with the wife I see people do this all the time, my wife just grabs my arm and tells me to "be nice", and just smile and keep moving, I am talking about the rocket scientists that stop at the top/bottom of escalators to look around to see which way they should walk, or the people who stop in the middle of the entrance/exit to chat with someone coming the other way, or the ones who block up the whole area in mall with their baby strollers and kids to chat with other people. its call situational awareness people, be aware of your surroundings and act accordingly......and I am "being nice".....lol
It is a life style here in South America, heck they stop in the middle of the road in traffic to chat or drop someone off. And then everyone blows their horn which does nothing at all make noise.

when I shop with the wife I see people do this all the time, my wife just grabs my arm and tells me to "be nice", and just smile and keep moving, I am talking about the rocket scientists that stop at the top/bottom of escalators to look around to see which way they should walk, or the people who stop in the middle of the entrance/exit to chat with someone coming the other way, or the ones who block up the whole area in mall with their baby strollers and kids to chat with other people. its call situational awareness people, be aware of your surroundings and act accordingly......and I am "being nice".....lol

This is why I go to the grocery store after 9pm.

Self assessment, PC and Sheeple.

Tough day.

Rant off.

Thanks,

JM

My work schedule for tomorrow is insane. From 8 am to 5 pm I have a whopping half an hour where I am not in a meeting. Guaranteed someone asks me on Friday why nothing got done on Thursday.

People who can't wait to tell a juicy story drive me nuts. A buddy and I went to our local bar/restaurant for a couple beers the other night. My wife and I frequent the bar quite a bit and know most of the wait staff. When the bartender got off her and her sister, both of whom know my wife by name, ate a salad at the seats next to us, and the 4 of us had some idle chit chat for about 2-3 of the 15 minutes they were next to us.

Next day at work, somebody decided they needed to tell my that they saw me ''flirting with girls all night'' at the bar. My wife trusts me completely, and when I told her who I was talking to she didn't care at all. But it still pisses me off that someone else decided they should try to stir up trouble.

Working on a surgical light, and a Doctor and her Nurse husband start ripping me about this and That....
I calmly explain how I have to get this done in a certain way... They disagree like they know anything anyway...

Then I get the finger point! YOU WILL DO THIS... And you WILL DO this....
And that they are Doctors and make "X" per year....

I don't give two...
NOT impressed.

Guess I'll find something else to do for awhile.
Ceiling mounted? Designing structures for those lights is a pain in the butt. I can't imagine working on them is any better.

"Go get fit." Store has three shafts. "It's ok! Those will fit MOST." Really?! REALLY?! Didn't you just say, "Get fit?" Getting fit is having ALL options for your specific swing! Not three in the wrong flex! Ugh. Drives me freaking nuts! A TRUE dang fitting is a location that has a monitor of some kind, and NUMEROUS shafts in a spin and launch category. One low-spin/high launch in your flex isn't getting fit because their are NUMEROUS other brands with small tweaks in their low-spin/high launch option that may actually be better for your swing! I've been TRULY fit twice and there were at LEAST 6-7 variations of shafts in each category! Different heads too! So don't say "get fit" and then say, "Oh, it's ok, those shafts work for most people." That ISNT fitting!!! That's STILL buying a suit off the rack!!!!
Shooo! Glad I got that off my chest!!!

Honestly, three shafts is sufficient for about 99% of the golfing population.

99.999999% of those who are not absolutely perfectly fit will not notice the difference anyway.

"Go get fit." Store has three shafts. "It's ok! Those will fit MOST." Really?! REALLY?! Didn't you just say, "Get fit?" Getting fit is having ALL options for your specific swing! Not three in the wrong flex! Ugh. Drives me freaking nuts! A TRUE dang fitting is a location that has a monitor of some kind, and NUMEROUS shafts in a spin and launch category. One low-spin/high launch in your flex isn't getting fit because their are NUMEROUS other brands with small tweaks in their low-spin/high launch option that may actually be better for your swing! I've been TRULY fit twice and there were at LEAST 6-7 variations of shafts in each category! Different heads too! So don't say "get fit" and then say, "Oh, it's ok, those shafts work for most people." That ISNT fitting!!! That's STILL buying a suit off the rack!!!!
Shooo! Glad I got that off my chest!!!
More inventory skus drives the cost up for golf shops. That said MANY still have great fitting carts that you can custom order from. I don't think it is fair to expect a place to stock 90 different club configurations (different flex for each shaft offered) just because they may sell 1.

To much inventory and you run into issues you see now with TM (for different reasons).

Find a place with a fitting cart and go from there. If the closest place is 2 hours that has a fitting cart the company isn't preventing you from getting fit it just requires you to drive a bit and if you choose not to that is your choice but don't say you can't find a place to get fit because there are many options some may cost a lot some may be a drive but you still have options.

Posted just for Dev using Tapatalk

99.999999% of those who are not absolutely perfectly fit will not notice the difference anyway.
Maybe so but if they don't have a monitor to measure anything then it's a basically a demo not a fitting. Also, if we ask for a fitting we don't just want to be slotted into something that works for the 99%, we want the club to be optimized to our specific swing. I'd be unhappy too.

Maybe so but if they don't have a monitor to measure anything then it's a basically a demo not a fitting. Also, if we ask for a fitting we don't just want to be slotted into something that works for the 99%, we want the club to be optimized to our specific swing. I'd be unhappy too.

I'd be unhappy too.

But I also realize that pretty much everyone on THP falls into the 1%.

Haha! Well, I went through two fittings where I tried multiple shafts in the same category. There was almost a ten yard difference in carry and 12 yards in dispersion difference. So, if you think that it doesn't make a difference, go through a couple of these fittings and you might be surprised. If "no yard is to be left behind" then that is the only TRUE way.

Curious, you buy suits right off of the rack with no alterations? If yes, then you don't get fit. If no, you do. Same in shafts. By definition, being "fit" IS making all necessary "alterations" to max out performance.

Thanks for making my rant even more emphatic. Hahahahaha!

Fittings are specific, not general.

I'd be unhappy too.

This man is wise.

Also, to use the suit analogy, most people buy off the rack with suits. I could walk into a store right now and know that a 40 regular jacket with 34 waist pants is going to fit me decently. Some do go in the store and have some alterations made, but within a range of what is available in the store. If you truly want to "get fit" for a suit, you got to a place that does "made to measure" and you pay accordingly for it. The same applies to golf clubs.

I'm glad I posted this! The point isn't inventory or cost or having options in all places, it's about what DEFINES FITTING. One has NOT been fit until they have found the EXACT shaft that maximizes their swing. Cool Clubs, Miles of Golf, the Golf Station, etc. These are places that truly do fittings. The points being made about the "majority" and "99%" are solidifying the misnomer that is tied to "fitting". That's what my rant is about. Quit saying be fit, then say those three will probably work.
By what you just said and typed you didn't describe a fitting. Not even close. Again, it's about the meaning of being fit! It IS finding that last yard! That 100rpms of less spin! The 3-4 yards less dispersion! THAT's being fit! "Maybe" and "probably" isn't fit...

If it is not easy it seems people want nothing to do with it. Sometimes things require work and dedication I hope one day people realize this but sadly I don't think it will ever happen.

I'd be unhappy too.

I think there was a greater than 1% difference in Grandura shaft that went out... Right???

If it is not easy it seems people want nothing to do with it. Sometimes things require work and dedication I hope one day people realize this but sadly I don't think it will ever happen.

It's the culture these days buddy. People dont want to work for anything. Let me share a little story, obviously on a much smaller scale and silly but kind of makes my point.

My daughter loves to play Flappy Bird on my phone. I usually only let her play it when she has done something good or she deserves so mindless play time. She was playing the other day and kept crashing and she started getting really angry and said "I cant do it. I will never get a golden (you get a gold coin for 10 successful passes through). She has done it before many times. In that moment, she just wanted to do something else. As a parent, and again this is obviously insignificant in the grand scheme of things, I saw an opportunity to show my 3 year old that hard work does pay off, even if it is something as simple as a stupid video game. She kept doing it and got the golden coin and the look of accomplishment and pride on her face was priceless. Giving up and quitting is not something I want to become the norm for my kid and I hope it's something that we can teach our children so the next generation can bring back things to the way they were.

I'd be unhappy too.

Looked to me like there were a LOT of variances in the shafts built for specific THP'ers at the Project X event... Were the shafts within a 1% variance? Nope. Not even close. If you watched them get designed and made, my point in what a fitting is should be obvious.

Getting fit does not need to include 28 shafts. A good fitter should be able to fit based on the numbers provided by hitting just a few.

I know so many think a club coming with 20 shafts mean hit all 20 and find the best but frankly that's not a fitting. Every swing has variances.

Getting fit does not need to include 28 shafts. A good fitter should be able to fit based on the numbers provided by hitting just a few.

I know so many think a club coming with 20 shafts mean hit all 20 and find the best but frankly that's not a fitting. Every swing has variances.
At personal distance, i think Duffy had me hit 3 different shafts before he found the right one, 4 total. And that point i was completely dialed in...

Looked to me like there were a LOT of variances in the shafts built for specific THP'ers at the Project X event... Were the shafts within a 1% variance? Nope. Not even close. If you watched them get designed and made, my point in what a fitting is should be obvious.
He wasn't denying that. If you want to get fit that bad with 100 shaft options figure it out drive somewhere, fly to the kingdom tons of options if they are to time consuming or money consuming for you the only person preventing you from getting fit at that point is you not anyone else not the shops not the companies.

It might not be convenient for you but the only thing preventing you from getting the level of fitting you want is you.

washing dishes last night, upstairs ac unit kicks on and i hear a HORRIBLE grinding noise outside. i jack the air up so it doesn't keep the whole neighborhood up all night. ac guy comes out, compressor is shot but the unit is so old it needs to be completely replaced. cost heap big money. no have heap big money...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back