The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as quick as I was told we got approved to work at home, today "that's not necessary" from the lady that signs the checks. Ugh

This is a golf rant...

I am a leftie and I went into Golfsmith at Lunch today to look at MB Irons. I wasn't expecting to find any MB demos in LH, but the store didn't have squat in regards to LH equipment -
  • 10 putters - 8 of which were various variations of the Odyssey Works line.
  • 6 sets of irons on display - all TaylorMade and all at least a year old - 2 sets were Speedblade sets.
  • No demo LH irons
  • Any LH demo drivers were sitting in a bay being used for fitting - 3 other bays open.

I completely get that the LH market is small, but a major golf retailer having so little is so surprising.
This sounds like the local Golf Galaxy and I stand on the correct side of the ball. :)
They just keep spreading out the displays to fill up the space and have been doing so since August.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

it's been rough last few days. just not in a good state of mind and it shows. I have no idea why or what the cause is but it's there.

it's been rough last few days. just not in a good state of mind and it shows. I have no idea why or what the cause is but it's there.

That is a terrible place to be, I am very familiar with it. I hope you can figure it out and get back into a positive place. Lean on your friends and family, they really do help.

And I am here if you want to talk. I was in a BAD place up until a few weeks ago and it had gone on for 6+ months.

That is a terrible place to be, I am very familiar with it. I hope you can figure it out and get back into a positive place. Lean on your friends and family, they really do help.

And I am here if you want to talk. I was in a BAD place up until a few weeks ago and it had gone on for 6+ months.
Thanks Morgan. I appreciate that. I'm sorry you were feeling like that but happy that you were able to pull out of it.

It does suck and I've been dealing with it on and off for a very long time. I'm always a little hesitant to lean on family and friends because for some reason I just feel like I'm a burden to them. I know it's probably not true, but it's just hard for me to not think that way. I've come a long way over the years and I just don't want to go back to my old ways and have people think I'm always sad.

Thanks Morgan. I appreciate that. I'm sorry you were feeling like that but happy that you were able to pull out of it.

It does suck and I've been dealing with it on and off for a very long time. I'm always a little hesitant to lean on family and friends because for some reason I just feel like I'm a burden to them. I know it's probably not true, but it's just hard for me to not think that way. I've come a long way over the years and I just don't want to go back to my old ways and have people think I'm always sad.

I know that. I bottle up everything as well, I don't like to feel vulnerable. I finally let some people in and it was a huge help. I really hope you can get to a better place, and I am happy to talk if you ever need/want to.

Daycare is closed because of the snow. Which means no work for me.

How in the H E double hockey sticks can someone pay so much federal tax and still owe??? This is retarded. I could make less and bring home more. Single guys who have a decent income get ran through the coals. How am I suppose to get a head? I paid more in tax than a brand new Chevy Cruze 1LT costs. That's absurd.

I could write a book about that BF. I was single, my ex had full custody and I paid out the buttocks in child support but couldn't claim any of it. Total joke. Paid a lot of tax for sure.

Now I'm married. Wife & I work hard, she works a lot of OT, we only claim one of her 2 kids ( mine are grown ) - her worthless ex who hardly pays anything gets to claim the other one as they have "joint" custody ( even though he moved to Florida ) - and we'll probably owe 2,000. Thought about going back to court, but at this point the youngest is 16, so it probably just isn't worth it. Does make me wonder why I bust my a$$ so much at times...

Screw it - I'm running for president in 2020!

Snap out of it GregODanO!!! *Cher*

Go run 3 miles on the treadmill, do some bicep curls for 10 minutes, take a long steam shower, hit a bucket of balls somewhere, find someone to hug for no reason and then after that find someone else to hug, get a chocolate chip cookie from Subway, watch the movie Road House, talk to a kiddo about their day for 15 minutes, build a snowman, buy yourself a new tshirt and then end with a blizzard from DQ (if no DQ then find the next best thing).

Promise.

Go run 3 miles on the treadmill, do some bicep curls for 10 minutes, take a long steam shower, hit a bucket of balls somewhere, find someone to hug for no reason and then after that find someone else to hug, get a chocolate chip cookie from Subway, watch the movie Road House, talk to a kiddo about their day for 15 minutes, build a snowman, buy yourself a new tshirt and then end with a blizzard from DQ (if no DQ then find the next best thing).

Promise.

+1 on the blizzard. I smile just thinking about an Oreo blizzard.

Promise.
Thanks buddy! I'll give it a go later tonight after work. Haha

We received a shipment from an O-ring vendor of ours yesterday. 7,500 O-rings... all individually wrapped. Glad it's not my job to count them. I found it hilarious, but it is pretty inconvenient.

We received a shipment from an O-ring vendor of ours yesterday. 7,500 O-rings... all individually wrapped. Glad it's not my job to count them. I found it hilarious, but it is pretty inconvenient.

A couple months back I ordered 11,000 drywall screw caps (little white caps that thread on a drywall screw, that a cover pops onto). Usually I get 11 bags of 1,000.

This time, they sent one bag, containing 11 screw caps. You can imagine the look on my face when I received the parcel, and then again when I received the invoice charging for all 11k of them.

"Oh we have no idea how this mistake could be made." No kidding, someone must have been asleep in packaging that morning.

A couple months back I ordered 11,000 drywall screw caps (little white caps that thread on a drywall screw, that a cover pops onto). Usually I get 11 bags of 1,000.

This time, they sent one bag, containing 11 screw caps. You can imagine the look on my face when I received the parcel, and then again when I received the invoice charging for all 11k of them.

"Oh we have no idea how this mistake could be made." No kidding, someone must have been asleep in packaging that morning.

Reminds me of a jerk move I made one day, but I was so pissed I couldn't help myself.

Hotels usually have either unwritten agreement with each other to offer a "good neighbor" discount when we were overbooked and had to send a guest down the road to them, and we have to pay the bill for the inconvenience. Well one time one of my competitors refused to offer the "unwritten" rate of $100 a night. Instead he insisted on charging me their full rack rate of $280 that night, when they weren't even full. I asked him nicely a few times if we could come to some sort of compromise. He refused.

So when he sent me the bill, I decided to pay it in person....$280 in pennies, nickles and dimes (unwrapped) in a bank teller bag. The look on his face when I handed it to him in person was worth the trip and trouble. I saw a couple of his employees in the background laughing their A## off. Guess they thought it was pretty funny that the A##hat was getting the butt end of the joke.

I know it was kind of jerky thing to do, but it brought me such pleasure that day :D

Our fill room, when they fill CO2, and they fill a lot, has to put washers on each cylinder with rubber bands. Soooo tedious! My son worked there this summer and lets just say he was less than happy when he got that detail!

Hope you get it worked out man. Sounds weird, but maybe could be one of those seasonal issues?

>start rant:

Is it THAT much more effort to put your shopping cart up when you are only 3 spots away from the cart return????? And why do they push it up against my bumper? I just don't get it ...

Oh, why do people park in covered handicap, but yet wear a fitbit for number of steps in a day? (We have a lady at work that does that ... when I asked, she said the parking sticker was far her mother-in-law ... her mother-in-law passed away last year ... )

>end rant:

>start rant:

Is it THAT much more effort to put your shopping cart up when you are only 3 spots away from the cart return????? And why do they push it up against my bumper? I just don't get it ...

Oh, why do people park in covered handicap, but yet wear a fitbit for number of steps in a day? (We have a lady at work that does that ... when I asked, she said the parking sticker was far her mother-in-law ... her mother-in-law passed away last year ... )

>end rant:

The cart return thing drives me insane, literally insane! I get so mad when I see it, my blood starts to boil. I want to find those people and shove the cart into them, then run them over with it filled with hundreds of pounds of groceries. It may be my biggest pet peeve.

Installing new Super Stroke grip, halfway down, the grip rips in half. Seems a lot thinner than before. That blows.

Installing new Super Stroke grip, halfway down, the grip rips in half. Seems a lot thinner than before. That blows.

Ouch. Compressor on or old fashion with solvent?

Lousy luck! Is it possible it was defective? If so, I'm sure they would replace it!

Reminds me of a jerk move I made one day, but I was so pissed I couldn't help myself.

Hotels usually have either unwritten agreement with each other to offer a "good neighbor" discount when we were overbooked and had to send a guest down the road to them, and we have to pay the bill for the inconvenience. Well one time one of my competitors refused to offer the "unwritten" rate of $100 a night. Instead he insisted on charging me their full rack rate of $280 that night, when they weren't even full. I asked him nicely a few times if we could come to some sort of compromise. He refused.

So when he sent me the bill, I decided to pay it in person....$280 in pennies, nickles and dimes (unwrapped) in a bank teller bag. The look on his face when I handed it to him in person was worth the trip and trouble. I saw a couple of his employees in the background laughing their A## off. Guess they thought it was pretty funny that the A##hat was getting the butt end of the joke.

I know it was kind of jerky thing to do, but it brought me such pleasure that day :D

That is hilarious!

Ouch. Compressor on or old fashion with solvent?

Tried to go compressor but wasn't having luck, so used solvent, and the grip ripped right in my hand

Promise.

Yep. Get your butt down here GregDan. I'll man hug the **** out of you.

Also, most of us just call that state of mind "winter" and it sucks the big one.

Tried to go compressor but wasn't having luck, so used solvent, and the grip ripped right in my hand

Ripped two in a row of theirs and said not worth it anymore.
That sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back