what is the most frustrating aspect of golf

ohio_striker

striped it
Reaction score
Handicap
My question to everyone is everyone gets frustrated with golf at one time or another what is your most frustrating aspect of golf?

it could be Putting, driving, iron play ect... or it could be how one day your swing is great then the next day you cant hit the ball at all. it could be how much golf costs.

i am interested to see what the forum thinks

Last edited:
the most frustrating part for me is how you can play great one day go to sleep and shoot the worst round of your life the next. lol

For me driving. I can hit the fairway all day long and then something little changes in my swing and the only fairway I can hit is the one 2 holes over.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Consistency, and not playing to my potential.

Consistency.

Mental game is the most frustrating.

Driving kills me, I think it is because I always find the want to try and crush the ball when I use my driver. I had to switch to my 3 wood for a while last year just to start to get fairway hits again.

Consistency.

that seems to be a trend lol. i had another thread that was started but i didnt see your thread and it was too similar so i changed mine to this. You beat me too it :comp:

When you think you have a piece figured out and then another piece you thought was good fails you.

For me it's my swing. I know what I want to do, but it doesn't seem to translate to the correct muscle movements.

Putting. Always have been a streaky putter at best and when I am putting well I usually shoot really well.

probably putting. you can hit one or several great shots to set yourself up, but if you don't make the putt it's almost as if it was all for not.

but the most frustrating things about golf are how long it takes and how expensive it is.

Consistency. I can go for awhile playing decent golf then boom it just disappears.

The speed at which things can go from good to bad. For better players it could be several rounds before it happens, but for someone like me it can be one hole to the next or one shot to the next.

There is little worse than hitting a great tee shot into the fairway to a nice lie only to flub your approach.

Right now the most frustrating thing with golf is all the white stuff outside and below 40 degree temps is preventing me from playing it...

The inconsistency can be maddening. Like when your practice swings feel great then you step up and hit a ridiculous tee shot. Or when you hit a nice drive, then do something ridiculous on the second shot. The good shots definitely bring me back for more, but at times it gets very, very frustrating.

My most frustrating aspec in golf is the lack of knowledge people have about this game. Basic things like course edict and common courtesy. If people concentrated on that instead of their next club, the golf industry as a whole might grow in a more positive way.

I vote for consistency as well.

For me it's the slow play, I just can't get into a good rythmn when it's hurry up and wait.

My most frustrating aspec in golf is the lack of knowledge people have about this game. Basic things like course edict and common courtesy. If people concentrated on that instead of their next club, the golf industry as a whole might grow in a more positive way.

good answer i feel like a lot of the people didnt have someone to ingrain those things at a young age like i did. i am not sure how to fix that other than people teaching/ focusing on edict.

For me it is specifically short game inconsistency. I hit lot of really good chips and putts. And I hit a lot of terrible chips and putts. Changing this bimodal distribution to anything else -- all terrible would be a consistency improvement -- is my priority for the upcoming golf season.

Not having nearly enough time or the climate to maintain consistent golf.

I have two things that frustrate me to know end. 1. Consistency. It was said earlier but I could be hitting driver great for 12 holes and then poof, I'm all over the place. 2. The fact that during so many rounds I have 2 or 3 aspects of my game going really good but there is always one part that kills me. I may be driving great and hitting good iron shots but my putting might stink. That always seems to happen.

Putting, especially under 8 feet, was the first thing that came to mind after yesterday's round.

If you would've asked me that question anytime between 2000 and 2014 I would have said lack of time to play/practice. My life was so busy with work, 3 busy kids, and my wife's work travel, that golf took a backseat. That meant on a good year I played 35 rounds and practiced maybe 15 days. 10 of those rounds would come during a 12 days annual summer family vacation which means the rest of the golf season I was playing 2-3 times a month, not enough to play my best. My 3 kids are still at home but 2 are driving and the oldest goes off to college in 6 months. My game is getting better because I have the time to practice a couple days each week and I should play over 100 rounds this year.

Last edited:
good answer i feel like a lot of the people didnt have someone to ingrain those things at a young age like i did. i am not sure how to fix that other than people teaching/ focusing on edict.
Simply require people to take a course and lessons. When they pass the course, they get a card that they can present to play.

Back