Who’s the next big star on the PGA tour?

I'm gonna go with Cam Champ also, he's LONG and has a ton of potential. I think he'll make some noise pretty soon.

I’m going to say JJ Spaun. I think it’s a matter of time and breaks out in a serious way.
I second this. I like his game and he had a chance to win in Vegas and played very well at RSM this past week.

Austin Cook shined in his recent victory, Patrick Cantlay should begin his march after his recent victory and I'm still waiting for Tony Finau to get crankin.

I'd also like to see Tony Finau contend more often and break through with some big wins.

Cantlay and it's not even close.

He is very talented and been through a lot but he is so unhappy and disgruntled. He is the male version of Stacy Lewis.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
Curious what you're basing that on and how you would know his personal feelings.

I'll go with Beau Hossler.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Funny story about Hossler. He was in the final group at the Shriner's Open a few weeks ago in Vegas. I followed him and JJ Spaun on 17 and 18. 17 is a longish par 3 with water on the left and a bunker on the right, combined with a sloping on the green that made it difficult to put the ball close to the hole. Hossler hit his tee shot in the bunker on the right. His second shot landed pretty well out of the bunker, but then rolled all the way to the other side of the green, a good 40-50 feet from the hole.

With the entire gallery standing within 10 feet, Beau exclaimed "This is the stupidest hole I've ever seen!" Haha. Kind of looked like a spoiled brat at that point, although I understand why he was frustrated. Maybe not quite ready for the big time.

Funny story about Hossler. He was in the final group at the Shriner's Open a few weeks ago in Vegas. I followed him and JJ Spaun on 17 and 18. 17 is a longish par 3 with water on the left and a bunker on the right, combined with a sloping on the green that made it difficult to put the ball close to the hole. Hossler hit his tee shot in the bunker on the right. His second shot landed pretty well out of the bunker, but then rolled all the way to the other side of the green, a good 40-50 feet from the hole.

With the entire gallery standing within 10 feet, Beau exclaimed "This is the stupidest hole I've ever seen!" Haha. Kind of looked like a spoiled brat at that point, although I understand why he was frustrated. Maybe not quite ready for the big time.

He needs to talk to his boy JS, cause clearly it's the 18th hole at Chambers Bay.

Ollie Schniederjans is my pick should start winning big tournaments and competing then winning majors soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if he'll ever join the PGA tour fully but I think Matt Fitzpatrick is going to be awesome.

He needs to talk to his boy JS, cause clearly it's the 18th hole at Chambers Bay.

Was just thinking that. That made me die

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I expect Patrick Cantlay to be very good. Rahm should be better.

Not sure if he'll ever join the PGA tour fully but I think Matt Fitzpatrick is going to be awesome.

Agreed.

On the Euro side, I think you'll see Fitzpatrick, Hatton, Rahm, Pieters & Cabrera-Bello in contention more often than not next year.

Ollie Schniederjans is my pick should start winning big tournaments and competing then winning majors soon

I like Ollie too. Just because he seems to be always hanging around the leader board and doesn't wear a hat. :D

Agreed.

On the Euro side, I think you'll see Fitzpatrick, Hatton, Rahm, Pieters & Cabrera-Bello in contention more often than not next year.

Tommy Fleetwood is absolutely legit after watching his game at the Hero World Challenge.

I think Daniel Berger could take another big step up in 2018

Going to be interesting to see how Peter Uihlein does this year. 2 Top 10s in 3 starts this season. He played decent during his time on the Euro tour. Currently ranked 49 on OWGR which will get him some WGC starts

Going to be interesting to see how Peter Uihlein does this year. 2 Top 10s in 3 starts this season. He played decent during his time on the Euro tour. Currently ranked 49 on OWGR which will get him some WGC starts

He used the Brooks formula and cut his teeth abroad. Has length and game, should be fun to watch.

He used the Brooks formula and cut his teeth abroad. Has length and game, should be fun to watch.

Yeah he did. I listened to a podcast several months ago with him and he really wanted to take advantage of traveling around the euro tour so went that route. Iirc one of the things that koepka on the Pga tour sooner was his getting into some wgc events and boosting his ranking.

Peters solid in all aspects and I’m glad he finally decided to come state side to play.

I like both Peter Uihlein and Patrick Cantlay....so many good young players for the US....

We are crazy stacked with talent.

Grillo had a bit of a sophomore slump, but I think he bounces back and has a strong 2018 and beyond.

Will Zalatoris announce he is turning pro officially yesterday. Had picked him earlier in the thread.

Adam Hadwin for me. He has all the tools and one of the best putters on tour. Just got married and all settled so now he can really tighten up his game.

Lee McCoy might be very interesting if he can keep winning and makes the 2 driver thing a habit.

Back