Who’s the next big star on the PGA tour?

Tadashi70

Reaction score
Handicap
The tour is packed with young hungry players. Jon Rahm seems to be well on his way so who will be the next breakout star on tour?

I really like Patrick Cantlay. Good head on his shoulders and can play.

I really like Patrick Cantlay. Good head on his shoulders and can play.
He is very talented and been through a lot but he is so unhappy and disgruntled. He is the male version of Stacy Lewis.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Danny Lee! for his high towering mid to long iron shots that land and hold.

He is very talented and been through a lot but he is so unhappy and disgruntled. He is the male version of Stacy Lewis.

Oh man, I don't think anyone is that bad

If I'm allowed to say Xander Schauffele despite winning twice last season I'll go with him.

I think that Cameron Champ guy is going to be pretty damn good one day.

Aaron Wise starts on tour this year

I'll go with Beau Hossler.

I'm still holding out hope for Fowler.

I think Rahm is a solid contender, Beef is a lot of fun to watch, but I don’t think he’s got enough “it” to go big. I’d love to see Tony Finau make a big splash.

Absolute flavor of the day but Austin Cook has a solid game. He just missed the cut for the 2016 tour. It will be interesting to see how he does against a full field this Spring.

Going with Cantlay also.

Someone beat me to it! I am going with beau hossler too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Patrick Cantlay is my choice. He started the year ranked in the 1400's and ended the year ranked 42nd. In the 2017 season he played in 13 events and made 13 cuts and picked up his first win in the 2018 wrap around. Given his story I find it hard to not root for him.

Xander

Nathan Lashley
From my home town, played high school together.
He did very well this year on the web.com tour and just got his card.
Just trying to send him some good vibes, who knows how he'll do.

Will Zalatoris.

I wish Chris Kirk would get his sh*t together.....

I liked what I seen from Patton Kizzire at the OHL Classic.

I'm feeling Xander. He hits it a long way for being a little guy.

I’m going to say JJ Spaun. I think it’s a matter of time and breaks out in a serious way.

Cantlay. Just got his first win and had a ton of success last year. Seems to have all the tools.

I'll go with Beau Hossler.

Still remember when he was competing for a US Open as an amateur years back when he was a freshman at UT. He's slimmed up. Gotten longer. And looks like his game is primed to compete on tour. Gonna be hard to do what his buddy Spieth has done but he's got the game.

I'll also go with the hot hand and say local boy Austin Cook. There's just something about his game, I think he'll do well out there especially with the shootout nature of his first win - I would not have guessed that he would contend when the winning score is -15 or better. I still think he's more cut out for the -8 or higher tournaments, so what he showed this weekend was very impressive.

Back