Your usual course you play

jiiim

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
NONE
What do you think the stimp is on your greens...And do you putt better on faster or slower greens...

I'm not sure what the measured speed is on my usual courses, but I do know that it differs, and I putt equally as poor on all of them.

Ridiculously slow. Probably 7-8 and I much prefer quick greens.

It what I grew up on. Regularly 11-12 with times at 13 if someone had a bad night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have a usual course anymore, but the ones I play probably range between 6-10. My former home ranged from 9-11 with an occasional 12.

My usual course is fairly slow, no clue on the stimp, but I'd guess it's in the 7-8 range. I prefer faster greens, and it normally takes 6-8 holes to get the speed as I dont often spend enough time putting lags before the round to really get them any earlier.

6-8 and very rarely faster than that

I would say usually 8-9 with an occasional 10 during a dry spell. I could be wrong, my course doesnt measure it and without a true measurement most golfers over exaggerat this number

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I honestly have no idea. My guess would be that the course I play on Tuesday night rolls at a 5, and then the course I play on Thursday night rolls to eleven billion (that's how it seems week to week anyway).

This occurred to me while I was watching Shells wonderful world of golf... These matches go back 40+ years..I was watching some of the energy put into putts that were fairly short.. they really had to hit the ball..forward to some tour events right after and these guys barely had to touch putts going 30 feet....big big differences...

There's no doubt that one could putt better on fast greens for the most part....a difficult putt is on downhill putts...

My course has it posted in the pro shop. Last week has been 10.6 up to 11.4

I have no clue but they are slow. Even though I've played there about 100 times per year for the past 7 years, I still can't putt those slow greens worth a damn. I am much better and more comfortable on fast greens where I can actually putt the ball as opposed to hitting it towards the the hole and hoping it gets there and stays on the correct line.

What do you think the stimp is on your greens...And do you putt better on faster or slower greens...
It runs 9 normally. It sure seems fast to me sometimes.

Mine is around 9 to 11. Monday they were at least 11. This evening after some rain last night, maybe 9 to 10.

We try to play as many in the area as we can, and there are two that are regularly 10 - 11. Others are about 8 - 9. The "Spot" on Wednesday nights is about 9. This is where we will play the Senior Publinks this year.

JM

My guess is a 7 ??? The bad part is some of the greens are a 4 and others are a 10.

It messes me up when they are all different.

Jack

My guess is a 7 ??? The bad part is some of the greens are a 4 and others are a 10.

It messes me up when they are all different.

Jack

Hate this. Inconsistency is the worst.

During the city tourney they were running 11-12. Normally, around 9. I putt better on slower greens as I generally play public courses that don't really speed them up very often. With the intense heat in the summers here it's tough to keep the greens fast without losing them, at least at our public courses.

Have no clue but they are always a good speed and the same speed. I think I putt better when I play greens that are consistent from course to course. What really screws me up is going form fast to slow or the other way around.

I played a course last week that had to be a 6. Most of the courses around here seem to be a 9-10.

My home course ... 8 or 9 max

I prefer faster greens but have to go elsewhere to play on them

My home course is about 10 ish if I had to guess,pretty quick at times as they play tournaments quite regularly

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I'd say our normal Sunday course runs around 9. I putt pretty well on both fast and slow, although fast ones take me a little bit to get used to.

How do people know what their greens are? I get my number from our superintendent's weekly report to the owner, Director of Operations, the other supers and the course managers. He has to check it at least once weekly.

Mine has signs posted as tournaments are played often in the summer

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Your usual course you play

Generally, speed is between 10.5 and 13, depending on weather and rain. Usually 11.5 or so, per the pro shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back