when are we going to demand evidence

Status
Not open for further replies.
To all who just say "Ohh just go to a THP event" really not that easy. If one is near you, u have to get off of work and pay money unless ur fortunate enough to get to the all inclusive ones." since I have been on here there haven't been any within 4 hours of driving distance to my knowledge

And to all who say just go hit them also not that easy. I wanted to test out my driver vs the best that was currently on the shelf. It took 5 swings at least to feel that i had a groove with the driver. Well when there is at least 8 drivers ur interested in ur talking a minimum of 50 driver swings at very minimum. I know i took 100 driver swings for my test. Freaking hard. I'd like to see the avg person be able to go out and do that, let alone hit good enough shots to tell what u really like.

I really think Robot testing saying "here is a shot at so and so mph and here is the result" and then "here is the same mph off to the toe and the result". Definitely helpful.

If a robot doesn't have the same aoa and launch and ss it would be irrelevant to me.

Club clash

If a robot doesn't have the same aoa and launch and ss it would be irrelevant to me.
Don't forget longitudinal and horizontal axis, azimuth, face angle, and swing path to target line.

Here you go, we never need to be fitted for a ball, try different sleeves or read user reviews again:

uyHVpmT.png

Your right we don't. I looked at the chart and said I want to try ball 22, well damn Chorme+ is already my ball of choice. Check out frank fixing the golf ball world.

Why do you have to hit 100 drives in a session? Why not 2 sessions of 50? 3 sessions of 30-40? Etc. There's tons of ways around it that make much more sense.

Yes, the robot testing would be definitive. But what does that mean for you and the performance you'll see out of it? Absolutely nada.

The closest place I can test clubs like that to me is an hour and a half away. So I should drive that 3 times to test drivers? 9 hours total driving. I'm aware that robot testing isn't perfect. But it's better than saying "thin face this year, cg moved back, loft up, guarantee 10 yards" or whatever version of that.

It would just be nice to have more numbers based testing.

Don't forget longitudinal and horizontal axis, azimuth, face angle, and swing path to target line.

I manage a warehouse, your speaking a language I don't understand.

The closest place I can test clubs like that to me is an hour and a half away. So I should drive that 3 times to test drivers? 9 hours total driving. I'm aware that robot testing isn't perfect. But it's better than saying "thin face this year, cg moved back, loft up, guarantee 10 yards" or whatever version of that.

THP has plenty of fact based testing and numbers from all sorts of abilities and swing types.

2 sessions. 1 before lunch. 1 after. 50 balls each. If there's a will, there's a way. I'm sure you've hit 50 drives in a session at the range. Like I said, there's many ways that make more sense.

And hey, numbers never lie*. More info is great if used correctly, just like more choices for consumers if used correctly. [see the tie in ;)]

Also, say a 3rd party does release some independent testing results. Would you buy a driver that they claimed performed the best for Byron? Or would you travel to said place 1.5 hours away to test it against others that they tested, then purchase based on your experiences in testing?

Companies look for consumer action on things. If it doesn't impact your purchase decision and cause you to buy said item, they aren't going to do it. Unless it's the Hot List. Then it's 1%er comedy central.

THP has plenty of fact based testing and numbers from all sorts of abilities and swing types.
Just all useful data that can be understood off of a good launch monitor.

I'm aware of this. The OP was referring to OEM'S credibility of statements

I'm aware of this. The OP was referring to OEM'S credibility of statements
An OEM just claimed they had the longest total distance 3 wood on the market. Backed by robot testing. They used a 115 mph swing speed and provided no other relevant launch data.

Is that a credible test for making the claim as the longest 3w available?

2 sessions. 1 before lunch. 1 after. 50 balls each. If there's a will, there's a way. I'm sure you've hit 50 drives in a session at the range. Like I said, there's many ways that make more sense.

And hey, numbers never lie*.

Also, say a 3rd party does release some independent testing results. Would you buy a driver that they claimed performed the best for Byron? Or would you travel to said place 1.5 hours away to test it against others that they tested, then purchase based on your experiences in testing?

Companies look for consumer action on things. If it doesn't impact your purchase decision and cause you to buy said item, they aren't going to do it. Unless it's the Hot List. Then it's 1%er comedy central.

Sure I could do a lot of things. I could fly across the world testing drivers I could privately interview each club maker but I'm not going to.

What I'm trying to say that the avg golfer is not going to the lengths stated by u above to test a driver. THP is not the avg golfer. Its the small % of ppl who have a deep intense passion for golf and equipment. I've never once played with anyone near where I live who knew anything other than what they saw on TV about that latest TM driver, or what they saw on the cover of Golf Digest.

I'm just saying it would be nice for ad to have concrete numbers in the ads for the avg golfer. You guys are reading to much into this

Must've missed a couple of my points and questions. That's OK, they were rhetorical in nature.

An OEM just claimed they had the longest total distance 3 wood on the market. Backed by robot testing. They used a 115 mph swing speed and provided no other relevant launch data.

Is that a credible test for making the claim as the longest 3w available?

Idk did they test it against other clubs? Did they test off center Idk? Ur nitpicking. All I'm saying is it would be nice for more factual based advertisements. Idk why all u guys are getting so worked up over people wanting to not have to sift thru bs to purchase a club. Like I said a few mins ago in a post, the avg golfer isn't on here. We are the club obsessed. Most buy their clubs based off what they see on tv

Idk did they test it against other clubs? Did they test off center Idk? Ur nitpicking. All I'm saying is it would be nice for more factual based advertisements. Idk why all u guys are getting so worked up over people wanting to not have to sift thru bs to purchase a club. Like I said a few mins ago in a post, the avg golfer isn't on here. We are the club obsessed. Most buy their clubs based off what they see on tv
Robot testing is only a very small point to be used. I argue, its the least relevant. The golf industry has gotten to a point with demo clubs, shaft options, head adjustability, and real world feedback, we can get all of that relevant performance data from our own testing.
You never answered my question, if my testing shows a different result from a robot, which one is wrong? More importantly, which one is right for me as a consumer?

Robot testing is only a very small point to be used. I argue, its the least relevant. The golf industry has gotten to a point with demo clubs, shaft options, head adjustability, and real world feedback, we can get all of that relevant performance data from our own testing.
You never answered my question, if my testing shows a different result from a robot, which one is wrong? More importantly, which one is right for me as a consumer?

And my argument is that most golfers can't go do the testing we are willing to do. Of course me testing it my self is the best way to go. And obvi ur numbers would be more important to u than that of a robot. But what's more important to the avg golfer who doesn't have time or the accessibility to a store with demos and launch monitors? the robot with the repeatable swings data or the new commercial that tells me that if I swing too hard the club will cause earthquakes from the hot face and low spin

I really don't care what a robot does. I'm not going to swing like a robot by any stretch of the imagination. I'd rather just hit some and find what I like from what I am able to hit.

If I have to get in my car to drive to it I'm not interested. :alien:

Nothing about driving a bit. But not everyone can take multiple days off of work and family, to trek 10+ hrs to hit clubs

And my argument is that most golfers can't go do the testing we are willing to do. Of course me testing it my self is the best way to go. And obvi ur numbers would be more important to u than that of a robot. But what's more important to the avg golfer who doesn't have time or the accessibility to a store with demos and launch monitors? the robot with the repeatable swings data or the new commercial that tells me that if I swing too hard the club will cause earthquakes from the hot face and low spin

I think most people who cant demo clubs now days will at least fire up the google machine and read a little about the clubs. Have you seen the amount of guests vs members on this site. A person can get a ton of great info from the homepage reviews and many, many interested buyers do on a daily basis.

Equipment is only a small part of the puzzle and IMO, too many golfers think they can buy a better game rather while they continue to ignore their poor fundamentals(grip, posture, tempo, ball position, etc.).

The hard truth: it's the Indian not the arrow. I hit my 9 year old Ping G2 driver just as straight and within 5 yards of any of the other 18 newer drivers in my collection.

I think most people who cant demo clubs now days will at least fire up the google machine and read a little about the clubs. Have you seen the amount of guests vs members on this site. A person can get a ton of great info from the homepage reviews and many, many interested buyers do on a daily basis.

Unfortunately most reviews say all good things and its had to decide which is the best club u know? Clubs are all very good these days. Its very confusing.

My cousin brought this up to me the other day. He asked me to help him get a driver because all reviews seem to say all clubs are great and he doesn't know where to start.

Unfortunately most reviews say all good things and its had to decide which is the best club u know? Clubs are all very good these days. Its very confusing.

My cousin brought this up to me the other day. He asked me to help him get a driver because all reviews seem to say all clubs are great and he doesn't know where to start.

I think all the clubs are good but the reviews speak about the tech in clubs and if it works among many other things.

I think the thread got derailed, I'm out.

I think (maybe I am wrong) the op was saying how about using a robot and compare bad hits and slower swing speeds. Set it for 5 toe hits, 5 heel hits and 5 center for example see what really has best lateral miss and center hit. That would be neat to see :)

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Ohh boy. Ur now gonna get it. 10ppl are going to jump on u and tell u that robots are worst things ever invented

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back