What are your favorite irons ever?

Ping i20s but the 716CBs are a close second

PXG 0311 (got a set for my FIL as a gift, but couldn't bring myself to buy my own set)
G400
CF 16

The ones I have right now.
Taylormade Burner 2.0

They feel great, very forgiving, hit the ball long enough and I play pretty well with them.
At this point, I see no reason to replace them even though they are 6 years old.

My current CF16's. Fit by the best, given to me by the best in the best place on the planet to play golf

TM Tour Preferred from 1980 because they served me well for 19 years and over 2500 rounds.

My Srixon 765’s are better but don’t have the history.

I loved my Mizuno MP-15's, they looked great and felt awesome. Right now though, my Z765's are awesome. Looks, feel, performance is just top notch.

Although I really like my current MP-64s, the MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025-M irons have to be my favorite that I have ever played with.

macgregor-vip-v-foil-tourney-1025-m-iron-set-3-pw-steel-x-stiff-right-37-75-in-1eeae5bdec48b070f68ea77aafc793e0.jpg

Just gorgeous looking and feeling. A great pure blade.

I wore them out and ended up with a set of Titleist 710 CBs. Since then it's been forged cavity backs but lately I've been seriously thinking about going back to blades ...

The set I played the longest and had the most sustained success and best quality golf was the Cobra Gravity Backs. Of course I was younger, much better, and had no money at all to tinker with so that probably had something to do with it.

Srixon Z765 are easily my favorite set of irons I've owned, the next closest would be my Bridgestone J40 DPC/CB combo set.

Wow. My all-time favorite irons... I've played a LOT of iron sets. LOL. I owned Ping i5s on three different occasions, so those are near the top. A set I wish I still had, as they sounded/felt great, and I moved on from them too soon - Mizuno JPX800 Pro. Ping i200s may make a run, but are currently being supplanted by W/S C300 Forged. So, if I had to pick one, it would have to be Ping i5s, right now, with a few honorable mentions.

EDIT: And, of course, I left one off... Ping G25s. Those were when I started to really think about wanting to get better at golf, and they were a really solid set which I could still happily game.

Being a lefty, I haven't gotten a chance to hit everything I'd like too ...but having said that, the current gamer is going down as all time fav.....Adams XTD forged circa 2014.....I've now tried these heads on 4 separate occasions.....finally settled on kbs tour which has been a solid shaft for my swing.

My reasoning for my love/enjoyment .....
Size, comfortable with look at address, feel and forgiveness plus a great grind for turf interaction.

My first good set of clubs was my Tommy Armour 845s. I loved them. They were loaned to my FIL when I got my Ping Zings. I used those Pings for 15 years. I'm still getting used to my present set. Hopefully I'll get as comfortable with these as I was with my previous good sets.

favorite might be macgregor pro-c. could do anything you asked, and looked so clean in the bag. they just weren’t forgiving enough for me.

a close second would be bridgestone j15 driving forged. loved the distance on those and came to love the feel. moved on looking for a little more forgiveness low on the face.

my new 718 t-mb irons have not been in the bag long enough to say, but i can easily see these edging their way into favorite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Yonex MB's, (recommendation was from The Golf Mechanic who play's them S300HS)..I was gaming Hogan Apex 1999 for 10+yrs.
I found the sweet spot smaller and was bit nervious at first. Now they have trained my swing to ball strike the best in my career...hitting more green than ever before.

This thread got me thinking a bit today, I mentioned the Altitudes earlier as I do love them but started thinking more about what set I’ve played my best with....

That would be the J40 DPC’s. Wonder if I can find some on the cheap with some PX 5.5’s...

Bridgstone J15 DPFs - I’m still gaming them I’ve tried different shafts in them and settled on the KBS 105s.

Beat irons for my game - i want new irons but can’t find any that I like/perform better for me

PING i25

Hogan Apex Edge Pro. Beauty and performance.

Back when I had the game to play them, my MP37's were beautiful, felt amazing, and ridiculously consistent. Also a warm spot in my heart for the T-Zoid Pro 2's that I was playing the first time I broke 80

Probably been done, but I don't care!

Lets hear them! What and why? And if you don't game them, why not?

I love my current irons, but shot my best scores ever years ago with Callaway X-12's.

Callaway CF16 are my favorite by far.

Callaway Razr X. I still have them but game something else. Out of all the irons sets I've owned, these are my favorite. Easy to hit and easy on the eye (to me).

Titleist 962s.

I had that 3-PW in the bag throughout high school & college (and then some).

I'll still bring them out every so often just for the nostalgia.

Back