What are your favorite irons ever?

Mizuno MP14.

While I loved my MP-32s and have kept a set of old Precept Tour Premium Forged, I think I would have to give the nod to my current set(s) of
Srixon 765s - Miyazaki Graphite

There are probably heads I liked as much, such as those above and CB-57s, Bridgestone J40 CBs etc., but this combo just really does it for me; how do I know? For first time in last 13 years, i am not even looking at iron sets for sale, lol.

My favorites are still my 716 T-MBs. I have gone through 3 or 4 different irons since I first put them in my bag, and they keep coming back.

TM RAC from 2004-2005? for me, I just loved those things.

First set i fell in love with were Ping Eye2’s. More recently I really enjoyed both the original Apex and Apex CF. Still playing the CF’s.

My favorites are still my 716 T-MBs. I have gone through 3 or 4 different irons since I first put them in my bag, and they keep coming back.

did you try the 718 t-mb? i don't think i hit the 716, but i did hit the 714 and really didn't like them. i love the 718.

Ping Zing 2! Sold them years ago... Worst decision, club-wise, I’ve ever made!

Mizuno MP-32 are my favorites but my P790 and P730 sets are a close contender.

did you try the 718 t-mb? i don't think i hit the 716, but i did hit the 714 and really didn't like them. i love the 718.

I have the 718s on a bench in my shop. I played 3 or 4 rounds with them. To me they performed pretty much the same, but they were a bit "clickier." I didn't see a difference enough to justify the switch.

Honestly? My 714 MB’s.... I still hate myself for getting rid of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think back. The iron that stand out was Taylormade Rac LT. Had best golf score when I had those.
Worst one was Mizuno JPX EZ. Just did not work for me at all.

I have only had three sets of irons since I have been playing.
TM RAC OS
TM Rocketbladez
Mizuno JPX EZ Forged.

Even though I really like my mizunos that I am playing now the Rocketbladez will always have a soft spot for me because I had a goal of buying them when I broke 100.

My current CF16's. Fit by the best, given to me by the best in the best place on the planet to play golf
I have to agree with this answer

2nd place would be Cleveland TA3 gunmetal, way underrated, and I have some solid high school golf memories with those beauties... none of the online photos do them justice

Hogan Apex 99 blades. I was obsessed with those things.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Honestly, I believe my Srixon i506 I'm currently still using have to top my list. I keep trying others but nothing feels any better . . . so why change?

Maybe the bridgestone j40 dpc

Early days: my moms Hogan Princess Blades that I used to learn the game. Yes there is lots of nostalgia associated with the pick. :act-up:

Present Day: Bridgestone J15CB. J40DPC's came in a close second.

JM

I had a set of MP-60’s that I gamed for maybe 3-4 years. Great, great irons.

The OG Apex Pros are still the irons I regret selling. They were so good.

Mizuno JPX 850 forged. My experience is somewhat limited, having only played golf for two years now, but if there are any irons out there that significantly outperform these irons, I would be impressed.

JPX 850F. I'm still playing them and will be for a long time.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Ping Eye 2+ blue dots. Still my go-to irons, even after a 20 yr layoff. Just picked up a set of Callaway BB Fusions with graphite shafts for a Benjamin. Curious to see if they play as advertised.

Current gamers, Ping G20's. Had a set of Hogan H40 oversized for 20 years that are in second place.

Hogan Apex Edge irons

What are your favorite irons ever?

I have a set of Hogan Radials that I no longer use but loved the buttery feel when struck well. Needed a little more forgiveness so now I’m quite fond of Titleist AP1 712.

I really liked my Hogan Apex Edge irons....The replaced my Ping Eye 2’s.
My favorite is my current Forged Tec’s....

Back