Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Probably been done, but I don't care!

Lets hear them! What and why? And if you don't game them, why not?

I would say TaylorMade R9's. I loved those things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have to go with my current Callaway CF16’s. I keep trying others but can’t find anything I like better!

• Staff
For me its a tie.

i20's, Nickent 4DX Pro's, and Adams CMB's.

Have owned and played all three sets, and to this day adore them. Why don't I play them? I have found better performance elsewhere with the exception of the CMB's, they still go toe to toe with EVERy players set I have owned/gamed. Makes me want to reshaft them actually.

FG Tour V6 from W/S.

They look great.
They feel perfect.
The launch and spin are a perfect complement to each other, and I have never had as much confidence with my carry numbers as I do with these.

my RSi 2s. I just can't get rid of them for some reason. I think they are really underrated. I've tried so many irons since and yes they are great ones out there such as Apex 16, JPX 900F, AP3, i200, etc. but the RSi 2 is right up there. They're forgiving, long, looks good, and the feel is manageable. I just can't justify spending extra 500+ for something new at this point. Maybe when AP3 goes down in price, I'll get them but right now, my irons are just fine.

• Staff
So I can’t say my next set? :)

I’m going to say my current set. AP2. I love the look, feel and sound work well for me. It’s also the set that I put the ego in check and went with something good for me game.

I really like my current set of Cobra F-Max irons. I actually get the distance I expect which has never happened in previous sets.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

I will always have a soft spot in my heart for the Cleveland TA3 Form Forged irons, the first set I broke 80 with.

1001800.jpg

Ever. Wow.

Nike Vapor pro combos
Callaway 2013 X forged

Distance, look, feel, control and confident with them in hand.

I may play a set next year.

Honourable mention to the MP-54 and V2’s. they were just a little short for me but everything else was awesome about them.

Right now I am partial to my z945s. They look so clean and have a great feel off the face. The vsole is also no joke. I’m assuming that may change in about 13 days.

Having only played 3 sets of irons, I am going with my current set - Apex.

It is REALLY tough for me.

I would say... Ping i20's and Adams CB3's are tied for my favorites. Loved everything about both of them. I no longer game them because I like trying new stuff!

i20s by a long shot; although I’m hoping these i200s recreate some of that love.

I also really, really, REALLY liked the TaylorMade SpeedBlades.

Cleveland Altitudes. Just made the game a good bit easier for me: high, straight, and silly forgiving. They are sharing time with the Apex right now in my bag.

3. Ram Acubar irons from years ago.
2. Cobra AMP Cell w graphite shafts.
1. Current and recent buy, Cleveland Launcher CBX irons. Best I've ever played.

Adams Idea Black CB2. Great memories with those clubs and my game grew the most while I played them. I just get so much more forgiveness with my current Cobra F7 that the CB2s had to go to the closet.

I think it's a toss up between the Bridgestone J40DPC and my Cobra Forged Tour. The J40's were so good for me and the Forged Tour were awesome clubs and have special memories for me.

Right now it's between the Wilson fg5 or these tm p790 just smooth to me

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Titleist DCI 962s - felt so smooth when struck well.

Srixon z745 clean looks and great feel. So many great shots with them

Sentimental favorite are my Tommy Armour 845 V-31, R.O. Blades with TFR 6.0 shafts. I shot my best score ever (twice) with them. When the swing was close to being on, I've never played more accurate and precise irons. Had to move on when I wasnt playing as much and needed more forgiveness. Still have them, though.

Current favorite are my present CF 16's with stiff Steelfiber i95 shafts. Feels like cheating sometimes when weighing result vs the more often than I'd prefer poor quality of contact at times.

Not as precise as my Armours or Mizuno MP-52's that followed as I'll suffer the hot shot every now and then but the positives far outweigh any negative.

My Titleists 681's. For some reason they have always been so consistent /reliable for me. I've played Mizuno's MP series, some Titleist 660's and Miura blades, but I just love the feel of the 681's.

My current AP2's. They've spent 3 1/2 seasons in the bag which is an eternity (comparatively) for me. Going to be a sad day when I choose to replace them - which I can't see doing any time soon.

Back