Callaway Great Big Bertha driver and Big Bertha Fusion fairway woods

C.H.U.D.

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey all,

THP noobie here. I am just returning to the game and looking into putting together my first set of clubs in a long while. The idea of a boxed complete set is appealing from an ease of entry standpoint, but then you've only got the clubs the manufacturer wants you to have, not necessarily the clubs best suited for your needs. Callaway Preowned has some great BF deals going on - buy one get one fairway woods, same deal for putters & wedges, and 50% off drivers. Right now I'm looking at:

• either a Great Big Bertha or a Great Big Bertha Fusion driver
  • a 3 and a 5 Big Bertha Fusion fairway wood
  • an MD3 48 degree PW
  • an Odyssey White Hot Pro #1 putter

All of that ticks the money scale at $306 shipped. They don't have any deals going on irons as of right now, but I can grab individual X2 Hot or X2 Hot + irons for $35-40 each. All told, that's about $416-440 for what would seem to be a pretty sweet set of clubs to start out with. I'm 5'11.5" with a 35" wrist to floor measurement, so the standard club lengths are fine for me.

There are a lot of other driver and fairway wood options up the site that would work as well, but the Big Bertha series is the one I'm most familiar with. If anyone has any other recommendations, I'm all ears.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts, and I look forward to yet another pit to throw my money into. :popcorn:

Last edited:
Looks like a pretty solid deal, affordable way to get back into the game with some solid clubs.

Agree with Cookie here. Nice affordable way to get back into the game and getting some solid clubs.

Those are VERY good clubs, and very good price! Enjoy your new clubs and WELCOME TO THP!

Sweet! Just pulled the trigger on the driver, fairway woods, wedge and putter. I don't think a better deal is going to come up over BF for those. I'm going to see what kind of deals pop up for irons/hybrid irons over the weekend. Dicks actually had some crazy deals last night that went away today, but they'll probably come back up again Thursday and over the weekend.

That’s a solid set!

Sweet! Just pulled the trigger on the driver, fairway woods, wedge and putter. I don't think a better deal is going to come up over BF for those. I'm going to see what kind of deals pop up for irons/hybrid irons over the weekend. Dicks actually had some crazy deals last night that went away today, but they'll probably come back up again Thursday and over the weekend.

Budget Golf will have a sale here very soon and they take care of THP’ers very well....worth checking out for the irons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just went back on Callaway Preowned and they now have a sitewide 30% off with free shipping at $150 purchase, so I just completed my initial set. :glasses-cool:

Picked up 6-9 Callaway X2 Hot Irons for $178 shipped. The kit now looks like this:

• Like new 2015 Great Big Bertha driver w/cover
  • Both outlet condition 3 and 5 Big Bertha Fusion fairway woods w/cover
  • All outlet condition 6-9 X2 Hot Irons
  • Outlet condition MD3 Matte Black Milled 48 degree PW
  • Outlet condition Odyssey White Hot Pro #1 putter

Total set cost of $484

PLUS the awesome Puma bag from BG (Black w/Red will look hawt!).

Thanks all for the ideas and advice (and all the great deals, JB and BG!)! And I have to say that I've had an amazing welcome here as a noob. Seems like a great place.

Last edited:
I just went back on Callaway Preowned and they now have a sitewide 30% off with free shipping at $150 purchase, so I just completed my initial set. :glasses-cool:

Picked up 6-9 Callaway X2 Hot Irons for $178 shipped. The kit now looks like this:

• Like new 2015 Great Big Bertha driver w/cover
  • Both outlet condition 3 and 5 Big Bertha Fusion fairway woods w/cover
  • All outlet condition 6-9 X2 Hot Irons
  • Outlet condition MD3 Matte Black Milled 48 degree PW
  • Outlet condition Odyssey White Hot Pro #1 putter

Total set cost of $484

PLUS the awesome Puma bag from BG (Black w/Red will look hawt!).

Thanks all for the ideas and advice (and all the great deals, JB and BG!)! And I have to say that I've had an amazing welcome here as a noob. Seems like a great place.

Way to round out the bag. Came out with a nice looking set up. Hope you enjoy them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s a very solid setup! Enjoy!

Back