Tommy Armour TA 845 Hybrid/Irons Set - Graphite Steel

C.H.U.D.

Reaction score
Handicap
I know these are not high end clubs, but does anyone have experience with the new 845 Hybrid/Irons set from TA? It seems they're only available at Dick's/Golf Galaxy. The righties are on sale for $150, the lefties are at $299 though a quick call would probably get them for the same price as the righties. Comes with 3 & 4 hybrids, 5-9 irons and a PW. I just picked up a bunch of preowned Callaway drivers, fairway woods, etc... and am looking to fill out the irons in my first set in a long while. Thinking these might do well for a while until I'm ready to drop a little more coin on matching Callaway hybrids/irons. Can't imagine I'd lose much money selling them on halfway through next year or so.

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/...eyu7AubdQPDzmg08hQAjd4y3EnR-Au2UaAqq3EALw_wcB

16AV3MT845RNSTMRHIRN_is

Dicks owns the name of the brand now, after the Sports Authority collapse.
Nothing wrong with them from a club perspective, but don't expect a big R&D team researching the creation of clubs. Personally I would steer towards a set that might be a year or two old from a solid manufacturer, but that is personal opinion.

Apologies for the monstrous picture size. Lol.

That makes sense, JB. Thanks. Kind of hoping that Callaway Preowned adds a deal on irons for BF, but I'm keeping my eyes peeled for other BF deals, and of course seeing what coupons and deals still come up on BG this week.

I think you could fill out a good set of similar price through eBay or a couple other sites when Black Friday/cyber Monday hits.

I think you could fill out a good set of similar price through eBay or a couple other sites when Black Friday/cyber Monday hits.

Agreed. Places like Global Golf/3Balls will be having 20% off or more for Black Friday, you can pick up a great used set for that price range and most likely be able to sell it for the same amount if you decide to move on to another set in a year or two.

Yep, I held off to see what Callaway Preowned was going to do once Thursday AM hit, and they just went sitewide 30% off with free shipping on orders over $150. I'll post up specifics in my original thread, but suffice it to say that I picked up only the clubs I really need for about $15 more than what the TA-845's would have ended up being after tax.

I am in the same exact dilemma.
Looking for clubs for my teenage son that "may" be interested in golf.
I picked up a complete set of Top Flite clubs from dicks for 149 that included a carry bag.
Historically, I try to stay away from anything "top flite" (except maybe Gamer tour balls....lol)

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/...MIofyh6e_j1wIVCYGzCh0AVwg2EAQYASABEgLI4_D_BwE

I have not opened this set yet and I am wondering if it would be better to pick up the TA set instead.

Looking at pics for both, they both seem to be on the cheap side of quality with the TA set slightly leaning towards marginally better.
I am also not looking to break the bank for my 16yo that may never really pick up the game.

Anyone have any thoughts between these 2 sets?

Back