Anyone else have a favorite Pro they automatically root for?

MarvinTheGolfer

Reaction score
Handicap
Me and my family are all Sun Devils, so we've gotta pull for Phil anytime he's close to a win. I've become a big Speith fan recently, but if it came down to the two of them in a playoff, I'd have to pull for Lefty (we'll probably never get to see that miracle though...)

I always like Zach Johnson when he gets up the leader board. Also like Ishikawa a lot.

I don't really, still looking for someone that I like.....but they usually have to be from Texas. For sure.

Phil always when he play's, but I root for Jordan, Rickie, Jason Day........and the Callaway ladies.

Yep.

6_3551180.png

Rickie,Jason,Sergio and Tiger. I know all underdogs.....who are all outstanding players

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

pga_g_sabattini01_600.jpg

Graham Delaet as his home town is in my province. Saskatchewan doesn't produce too many powerhouse golfers, lol
Still hoping he can get his first win soon.

I've been a huge Jason Day fan for the last few years. Also, Rory.

That being said, nothing elicits the most verbal reactions and active watching for me - both good and bad - like one Tiger Woods.

Rory, Rickie, Jordan, J-Day, Justin Rose, Phil, and yes even Tiger. For some reason I really can't stand Dustin Johnson...

You just want to watch the world burn, don't you?

Honestly, I root for Rickie anytime I see him on TV. I think his success is very good for the game.

Any former Yellow Jackets will usually have me pulling for them. Other than them, I like Jason Day, and a few others. Not really tied to particular players, though, I guess.

Jason Day. Ever since he joined the tour I have pulled for him. Why? I'm not sure....I just have.

I like the big hitters. Day, McIlroy, DJ, etc. I do think Bubba is a dbag but when he is on, he's fun to watch.

I've been thinking about this lately, as I haven't really watched Golf in 15 years or so. When I was a kid I watched Cory Pavin, Payne Stewart (RIP), Mark O'Meara, Lee Westwood and some of the elder statesmen of the sport like Chi-Chi Rodriguez. Of course, I watched the meteoric rise of TW, and he is really one of the last guys that I used to watch closely still on the Tour. Davis Love III is another. I never really was a Phil Mickelson fan, not sure why.

I will always root for TW when he is playing. Regardless of how he is playing and what happened in his personal life. Just now getting back into watching the sport again, I'm not sure who I'll be rooting for. I really enjoyed watching Rickie Fowler's poise at the Deutsche Bank tourney last week, but none of the younger guys have really lit a fire for me yet. Jason Day was spectacular the last few tourney's he's played before last weekend, but I also really liked watching Tony Finau. I think he is really on the cusp of super-stardom on the Tour.

Too many to name... I like to see guys like Zach Johnson, Fowler, Kuchar, Spieth, and Couples , Woodland are a few. I like it when Tiger and Phil are in contention.

Honestly, even though he does a lot of D bag things if Bubba is contending I am glued watching and rooting for some good old Bubba golf. I also cheer for old lefty. Phil the thrill pulls off and tries some amazing shot. Rickie is working his way to the Phil style of play. taking plenty of chances with the hope of pulling it off but brings big numbers into the round if they are not on. the Zach Johnson and Luke Donald style of play bores me to death watching.

It's hard to not root for Spieth or Day. Others I like to root for are Walker and Bill Haas.

Rickie Fowler. Love that guy. He's cool, hits risky shots, and seems like a good guy.

And Bubba. Say what u want about him. He's amazing to watch

Jason Day and Sneds. Always was a fan of Day, then I got invited to a meet and greet Lunch with them and DJ. Came away from the lunch honestly feeling like I'd known Jason for years. He now lives near where I grew up and was just so unassuming.

Sneds was was so cool giving us sh!t like we were one of buddies. DJ was well....he was fine just kind of bugged out at the first opportunity, don't blame him. But Jason hung around till the very end.

Have rooted for him in every tournament since, so I was very thrilled this summer.

I like DJ. I want to see him get that monkey off his back.
Tommy Gainey too, great story.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Back