Playing with John Rahm

wubears71

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
8.1 GHIN
I had the honor to play with the number one amateur in golf today. He is unbelievable. He took fifth in the phoenix open this year.

He will be on tour regularly once he graduates in 2016. Because of Johns status he's already exempt in the U.s. Open and Open Championship.

What an experience. I am playing the tips with him. I told him I better see him at Bellreive country club for the 2018 PGA championship.

33b7c2ff169b9cb4e917004a3af83b31.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's an awesome experience!! I haven't played with any Amateur ranked that high but one one of my colleagues at work just played the Women's US Open and another colleagues son made it to the Match-Play at the US Am this year.I play with those two once or twice a month. I also have a friend that won the US Mid-Am and got to play the Masters along with making the Walker Cup team this year but we haven't been able to play together in quite a while now

Very cool. I'd be interested in hearing what some your key takeaways were. You can skip the part about him hitting it s mile, that's probably a given :D

Very cool. I'd be interested in hearing what some your key takeaways were. You can skip the part about him hitting it s mile, that's probably a given :D

Nice guy. He hits it a mile effortlessly. He said that Rickie Fowler, Jordan Speith and Jason Day are the nicest guys in the world and Bubba is well Bubba!

John says his swing speed is slow at only 115 mph! I cannot believe how effortless he makes the game look.

Really cool. I was impressed with his play on your this year. Will be looking to see him on tour. Had to be an awesome experience watching him get around the course

Nice guy. He hits it a mile effortlessly. He said that Rickie Fowler, Jordan Speith and Jason Day are the nicest guys in the world and Bubba is well Bubba!

John says his swing speed is slow at only 115 mph! I cannot believe how effortless he makes the game look.

It is amazing how effortless some of those guys make it look yet the generate so much clubhead speed it unreal.

Love playing with top players, that had to be a treat

Sounds like it was an amazing experience. I hope he does well and I'm looking forward to seeing him compete in the future!

Very cool!

Weather is beautiful here right now and that course is a beast, especially with the wind blowing. A round with a player of his caliber had to be an experience

How awesome is that. Having seen you bomb it before, is Rahm much longer than you? I know you aren't a bragging type so you don't have to answer. hahaha.

How awesome is that. Having seen you bomb it before, is Rahm much longer than you? I know you aren't a bragging type so you don't have to answer. hahaha.

Yes. He's every bit of 30 yards longer off the tee and looks like he barely swings at it.

That would be a treat , and I would be nervous as crap for the first couple holes .

That's awesome

Had to be a fun day.

That's an awesome experience!! I haven't played with any Amateur ranked that high but one one of my colleagues at work just played the Women's US Open and another colleagues son made it to the Match-Play at the US Am this year.I play with those two once or twice a month. I also have a friend that won the US Mid-Am and got to play the Masters along with making the Walker Cup team this year but we haven't been able to play together in quite a while now

Are you talking about Mike McCoy by chance?

Scott Harvey

Okay. I figured the mid-am + walker cup combo was uncommon enough there was a chance.

That would be a treat , and I would be nervous as crap for the first couple holes .

First 2 holes were fine. Then I made the mistake of trying to hit as long as him off the tee and I started to spray it. Then I settled in and played decent. Man. He's good and one heck of a nice guy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is awesome. Playing with guys like that makes you play better most of the time. I played a practice round prior to the Colorado Open a few years ago with a few mini tour players and was surprised how some of them approached the game. Just very easy going and not concerned about how I played. I could hit driver with most of them all day long, but the moment I saw one of them hit a cut 6 iron on a 220 yard par 3, I new right then these guys are at a whole other level. Very humbling and helped my game a ton.

What an awesome experience. Glad that you could have fun and enjoy the round.

That had to be so awesome. SO freaking cool.

I had no idea who he was when I read this. Meant to google it, forgot and then was reading a Golfweek magazine hours later and saw a blurb about him. Very very cool. That must have been a blast

So cool!

VERY cool Tim! What an awesome time!

Back